Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 8:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just finished a stay here. Hotel was very quiet. Upgraded to 7th floor with Club access but only amenity in room was water

Internet access was free but I and all my colleagues had problems getting access

Breakfast in restaurant was OK.

Look out for the mice scurrying around the bar in the evening - my US colleague was terrified
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:04 am

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

We have plans to be in Amsterdam in April and will be spending the last night at the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (using points). I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this property.

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:13 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
There is already a master thread pertaining to this property somewhere (as with most Hilton properties in Europe).

I stayed last summer for a few nights (point stretcher award stay). I rather liked it. The rooms are fairly basic but clean and functional, the Executive Lounge is not that large but was never that crowded when I was there (July '08) with a decent hot breakfast. I had a car and the parking was very easy, right in front in their own lot (I don't recall the cost but it was reasonable). The drive into Amsterdam was very easy as well, only about 15 minutes or so (parking in the city was another story!).
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:36 am

Its a basic airport hotel. I like the executive lounge in the evening - not so much for breakfast.

The fitness center is lacking...the rooms are ok. A plus is that I've never had any noise issues....a sometimes negative is that they run out of hot water every now and then in the morning. I was just recently at the hotel and it followed most stays....I got in late....got checked in...drank some water....went to sleep...ate breakfast, checked out and back to the airport. Nothing special - nothing terrible.

One other note is that its easy to take the train from the airport to Amsterdam, and vice versa.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mjtx
We have plans to be in Amsterdam in April and will be spending the last night at the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (using points). I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this property.

Thanks
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel Trip Reports and Reviews
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel
Old Mar 20, 2009, 8:04 am

Question about Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

We have reservations to stay at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and have been reading some negative things about it on another board. Has anyone stayed there recently?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You might want to do a search on it in this forum to find out. If you're not familiar with search, it's in the upper right section of the forum. Sorry, I'm doing some research on a dif topic so don't have time to pull up the threads for you.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I find the best places to get lots of opinions about a particular property are venere.com and tripadvisor.com. You have to throw out the best (planted by the owner/management), the worst (planted by the competition) and the kooky (planted by the kooks whose entire stay was ruined, ruined I tell you by a dirty fork) and look at what you have left. A lot of times what is important to the critic is not high on my list.

Of course, we have opinions here too.

Airport hotels are a special breed and I find a lot of the praise and criticism unwarranted. I just want a quiet night's sleep in a clean comfortable bed, preceded by a stiff drink and followed by a hot shower.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 5:16 pm

Thanks. I looked on tripadvisor and there have been several reports the past few months about mice running around the lobby (the last post was this week). I did not know about venere.com so will check there.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
We have reservations to stay at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and have been reading some negative things about it on another board. Has anyone stayed there recently?
Yes. It was ok for an airport hotel -- no big negative experience -- and it's walkable for me from the terminal.

Didn't see any mice, but I wasn't looking either.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Thanks. I looked on tripadvisor and there have been several reports the past few months about mice running around the lobby (the last post was this week). I did not know about venere.com so will check there.
I find venere.com best for European properties.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Just finished a stay here. Hotel was very quiet. Upgraded to 7th floor with Club access but only amenity in room was water

Internet access was free but I and all my colleagues had problems getting access

Is Internet access free for those on the club level? What about using a subscription service like Orange or Boingo?

I also think that 30,000 points for this hotel is quite a lot. Seems more like a 25,000 point category.
Old May 22, 2009, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Did not enjoy my stay here 8-10 May. Checked in to find that the room assigned was still configured for a conference room - . Rather than sending a desk agent upstairs, I had to go back downstairs with my luggage to get new keys. Beds were so hard that sleeping on slate would have been preferable.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Hilton Schiphol, Never again!

I stayed at the Sheraton hotel at Schiphol earlier this year, it was great. People, room, bed, bar, pressing done in 1 hr, great!

I just left the Hilton Schiphol. There is NO comparison. Sheraton wins in every category. Plus, it is 1/2 a kilometer closer to the terminal.

The Hilton staff were indifferent. The rooms and furniture were shoddy and worn. There is no reason to walk past the Sheraton to stay at the Hilton ever. I also had a disappointing stay in Cologne this week and it is in a separate post. I hope this is not a trend across Europe.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 6:50 pm

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond
Schipol Hilton Review

Award stay, 1 night (Sunday).

Was upgraded to exec room / lounge.

lounge is smallest I have ever seen, maybe 500 sq ft.

free liquor / beer

dinner "snacks" were a nice treat of shrimp cocktail and other very nicely prepared appetizers.

staff was friendly and i was greeted by name. Manager left a hand written card in the room thanking me for the visit. (nice touch)

overall, nice hotel, super close to the airport (500m walk)

would stay here again.

d

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.