Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I am Gold and have always been upped to the exec floor and given lounge access at Schipol Hilton.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:22 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Great, thanks guys

Looking forward to my stay. Especially the view from the lounge to the airport tarmac should be nice, I guess. We´ll see.

Anybody there this sunday, April23rd?
Old Apr 23, 2006, 9:26 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
I´m sitting in the Club Room right now and the view is really great. Even though it´s raining, but still good to have a glass of red wine with some nice food (really nice dinner bufet) and see some airport action. What elese could you aks for.

BTW:
Haven´t been upgraded to the executive floor upon arrival, because they had no non-smoking rooms left. But the nice receptionist offered me the Club Room access anyway. After telling here that a smoking room would be fine as well, I got upgraded to the 8th floor. The rooms are quite good and nothing to complain about at all ^
Old Sep 20, 2006, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec., AC SE, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, member of various and sundry others
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel

My NL office is a mere 7KMs away, so this seems an obvious choice. Yes, I know it is an airport hotel - but any comments about what a Diamond can expect for a Sun-Fri stay ?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not much has changed. In many ways it is preferable to the Amsterdam Hilton on Appololaan.

MisterNice
Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
I've stayed at both as a Diamond, and whilst the lounge is better at the Appololaan property, I prefer the airport property due to it's proximity to the airport and easy transport links into town.

I don't think that Diamonds are especially well treated at either hotel. Was on the top floor on each stay, but the rooms are small. They're not up to the standard of other European Hiltons. Occassionally got small gifts in the room (the caramel wafers are the best gift).
Old Sep 21, 2006, 1:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Stayed here a couple of months ago.

Rooms small (as has already been said), lobby and bar area seemed cramped (but the hotel was full when I was there) and the executive lounge was very small.

Would prefer the Sheraton at Schiphol if the rates are similar.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:27 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
As a Diamond at Hilton and Platinum at Starwood, I have always been treated better at the Sheraton at the Airport. The rooms are bigger. The lounge is better. I've never found the lounge closed without advanced notice and then they apologetic. The Sheraton is also closer to the airport and doesn't involve going down stairs or an elevator or even going outside. I'd stay at the Hilton again, but I'd stay at the Sheraton first if at all possible.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:04 am
TMK

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Hyatt + Hilton Diamond
Like the Staff and Convenience

I'm a Diamond (have to update my profile. . .) and I'm always well treated at this hotel. I stay there quite frequently, usually twice a month for extended stays (7-10 days). The lounge is nothing to write home about, but I've found the staff to be very friendly. Most of my work keeps me in and around Schiphol, so a central AMS location doesn't do anything for me.

Closeness to the airport makes it easy to eat outside of the hotel, and buy fresh fruit, etc. at the associated market. As an aspiring runner (ok plodder) I like the location because I can leave the hotel and run along the service road to the airport (next to the main north south highway) and get a nice 7K run in (to the N201, turn around, run back to the airport tower).

In summary, while the property is a little long in tooth, the front desk staff are nice, the management is great, and every problem I have had they have remedied without complaint.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I stayed there a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. As a diamond I was upgraded to the executive floor. I was impressed by the lounge and the food they had offered there. I was able to have dinner and breakfast. I also used the gym. Although it was small, it had the equipment I was looking for, which was an elliptical machine, a stationary bike, and a few weight machines for upper body. All in all I was impressed, and will stay there again. I go there for work every couple of months, and the office is an hour or so from the airport (when traffic isn't bad). This time I decided to spend my last night at this hotel so it would be easy to get to catch my flight the next morning. I liked the convenience, and since I had a good experience at the hotel I'll do it again.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
I am here 8-10 times a year and the best I can say is that it is consistant...as a DIA I am always on the executive floor...the rooms are a little small...the lounge adequate...and the staff is professional. If you need to be near Schiphol it will serve your needs.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec., AC SE, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, member of various and sundry others
Originally Posted by sqwert
My NL office is a mere 7KMs away, so this seems an obvious choice. Yes, I know it is an airport hotel - but any comments about what a Diamond can expect for a Sun-Fri stay ?
As an update:
Am am writing this from the ClubRoom on the 8th floor. On arrival I was "upgraded" to the Executive Floor as a Diamond. As previous posters have mentioned, the hotel is clean, easily accessed, and well staffed. It's nothing 'special' in the world of Hilton, but there is nothing at all wrong with it.

After arrival today I walked back to Schipol and took a test-train-ride to my office here, and found that the door to door trip is about 20 minutes. All things considered, I will enjoy my week gathering more HHonors points, enjoying the lounge, and remembering that this kind of travel is about work and not about sight-seeing.

If I do want to get into Amsterdam, it is a short train ride away.

BTW - daily rate is 180 Euro's, including breakfast. The Clubroom for Gold/Diamond is open until 10:30 with wireless internet and an assortment of wines and liquors.

I like it

Jim
Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: AF platinium, LH Senator, SNBA Platinium, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Gulf Air
Better than my last experience in the Amsterdam Hilton where I was denied any upgrade (charity voucher for breafast offered as compensation ...) and acces to the executive lounge.

Despite the fact that I addressed an official complaint to the hotle management, I have not received answer .... This shows the credit we some times have ...

I have always been well treated in the Schippol Hilton.

I'm Diamond member but never had to use this status to get things right.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:18 pm

Final report - THRILLED with service at this property

As a follow-up to my question:

My stay at the Hilton Schipol was excellent. Upgrade to the Executive Floor was automatic, and the staff were great. From Melvin at the main bar, to Jacky in the Exec. Lounge, I was treated well during my 6 day stay.

Most amazingly, there was a "gift" in the room each and every day.

On arrival, I found a 400 gram block of Dutch Cheese, with a bottle of wine. On the 2nd day, I found two bottles of Heinekin Dark, with a jar of nuts. on the 3rd day, I found a small bottle of Cognac and some crackers. On the 4th day, another bottle of wine and some chocolates.....

It went on and on from there.

As a Diamond, I am a snob - but this was the best I have received thus far from the Hilton famlily.

To anyone reading - this is the best choice !

Jim
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:40 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sqwert
As a follow-up to my question:

My stay at the Hilton Schipol was excellent. Upgrade to the Executive Floor was automatic, and the staff were great. From Melvin at the main bar, to Jacky in the Exec. Lounge, I was treated well during my 6 day stay.

Most amazingly, there was a "gift" in the room each and every day.

On arrival, I found a 400 gram block of Dutch Cheese, with a bottle of wine. On the 2nd day, I found two bottles of Heinekin Dark, with a jar of nuts. on the 3rd day, I found a small bottle of Cognac and some crackers. On the 4th day, another bottle of wine and some chocolates.....

It went on and on from there.

As a Diamond, I am a snob - but this was the best I have received thus far from the Hilton famlily.

To anyone reading - this is the best choice !

Jim
I stay 3-4 times a year and receive similar excellent service every time I return...this is one location that treats diamonds very well!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.