Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by teahan
At this hotel now. The walk from the airport is no problem at all. Short and well signposted. However, the lounge is closed until 6 January for "renovation" (mentioned both by the front desk and in the welcome letter). A quick look on the 8th floor shows it just to be closed and no work ongoing. Why would you renovate something that will soon be knocked anyway?

It would have been good to have some warning the website when booking!
That's a bummer, and I see it's not mentioned on web page. Have you asked for some replacement, like drink vouchers?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:29 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
That's a bummer, and I see it's not mentioned on web page. Have you asked for some replacement, like drink vouchers?
Indeed, it was not so bad that it could not have lasted until the rebuild. There are many many worse lounges
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:53 pm

My point is that there is was no renovation ongoing. It's just an excuse for the annual winter shutdown.

I got a drink voucher for each person in the room however this seemed only valid for a limited selection of drinks: beer, wine and "some other drinks" according to the barman. I tried to order a cocktail but this was refused but a long drink was apparently ok. Since this hasn't been my experience with drink vouchers in Hiltons in the Netherlands, I am wondering if he was just making it up....

Positive point: my flight was too early to have the breakfast but they were happy to make a breakfast bag.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Overnight stay here 6-7 January. Exec lounge open but not well patronised. Had a quick drink before heading down to the Greenhouse restaurant for an excellent dinner.
As our flight did not depart until midday, had a chance to enjoy the breakfast which was very good. The chef at the egg/waffle station knew her stuff.
As there was a fairly stiff wind blowing on arrival at Schiphol we used the shuttle to get to the hotel. Easily summoned from the intercom outside the arrivals area.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
I stayed at here 3 times before flights out the next morning. Would be nice if the hotel was a little newer, but there was nothing wrong with it. Internet was pretty fast, the breakfast is great, the gym is okay (no free weights but has a treadmill, elliptical and bike). You walk for about 2 minutes outside and then about 8 minutes down a long hallway to get to the train station or up to the gates.

I'm always a little bit tempted by the Raddison that you walk by that looks a lot newer and is 5 minutes closer, but I'm married to Hilton.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:25 pm

Stayed there in October. We found it a bit confusing to walk from the terminal. It was raining and we had a good 200 meters without cover. Room was dated, on the smallish side. Internet was free and fast. Had access to the lounge, nice snacks and free drinks. Buffet breakfast was excellent, plenty of choices, no salmon. They are building the new Hilton next door, should be ready 2015. Looking forward to it.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Fresh Salmon is available at the executive lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Fresh Salmon is available at the executive lounge.
I will have to start breakfast there then to get my salmon fill^
Old May 2, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just stayed here, 23 hours, I thought it was adequate. I got an early (11 a.m.) check in and upgraded to exec floor.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: M&M mainly
I stayed 1 night before the morning flight. The executive lounge is a friendly place with small nibbles and wine / beer / soft drinks offered the whole day, wi-fi is fast and free of chargé. The staff is very friendly and helpfully.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:56 pm

Stayed one night, at 50,000 points. Take the covered walkway from the train station. It is about an 8 minute walk.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Had a brilliant stay here over New Year, one of my best stays of the Year. Indeed, you can take the covered walkway and there is a small stretch of outside to get to the hotel. Easy to see as the new Hilton is at an advanced stage in front of it, I wonder what will happen to the old one?
Check in chatty and friendly, exec lounge closed so given a generous amount of drink vouchers. Room on top floor in corner (Alcove Suite), still had a good view of the airport/ runway so was happy with that!
Really nice touch was that they delivered a bottle of Prosecco and some cake for the New Year. I have stayed away a number of times over New Year, and this was a first. A really nice and unexpected touch.
Ate in restaurant one night an I felt the food was good and reasonable.
I know its "on airport", but I find the location quite convenient and so easy for trains to anywhere in the Netherlands. It was one of those stays that made me feel Diamond really was recognised, big thanks to the Hotel.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Had a brilliant stay here over New Year, one of my best stays of the Year. Indeed, you can take the covered walkway and there is a small stretch of outside to get to the hotel. Easy to see as the new Hilton is at an advanced stage in front of it, I wonder what will happen to the old one?
Check in chatty and friendly, exec lounge closed so given a generous amount of drink vouchers. Room on top floor in corner (Alcove Suite), still had a good view of the airport/ runway so was happy with that!
Really nice touch was that they delivered a bottle of Prosecco and some cake for the New Year. I have stayed away a number of times over New Year, and this was a first. A really nice and unexpected touch.
Ate in restaurant one night an I felt the food was good and reasonable.
I know its "on airport", but I find the location quite convenient and so easy for trains to anywhere in the Netherlands. It was one of those stays that made me feel Diamond really was recognised, big thanks to the Hotel.
Pleased to hear good diamond recognition ^
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Easy to see as the new Hilton is at an advanced stage in front of it, I wonder what will happen to the old one?
It will be demolished.

source: planning sheet at
HetNieuweHiltonAmsterdamAirportSchiphol
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:45 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Closing this thread of the old Hilton Amsterdam Airport due to confusion.

Here is the thread for the New Hilton Amsterdam Airport.

Kiwi Flyer
FT Hilton HHonors Forum co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.