FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)
Old Oct 5, 2003, 12:59 pm
Arcolaio99

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Had a recent stay at this Hilton. I usually like to stay in the city more, but had an early flight out the next morning and wanted to maximize my sleeping time, so I stayed here.

I was on a pre-paid reservation for 108 Euros. Upon checkin was greeted as a returning customer (a gesture I always like) and that I had been upgraded to an Executive Floor room. I don’t think the exec floor rooms are any bigger than the regular though, but I’m not positive. I of course would have access to the lounge as well, but due to it being Saturday, there would not be an attendant nor the regular hot food offerings.

The hot food offerings in the past have been quite good so I was a little disappointed by that news. But there was plenty of meat,cheese, fruit selections as well as beers, pops, water. Every once in awhile hot appetizers would appear throughout the day, so there was some attendant on duty.

The covered walkway (that goes to the Sheraton & parking garages) has now been extended almost to the Hilton, say perhaps 50 yards short. There is also an elevator that will lower you and your cart to street level at the end of the walkway, but that was still under construction, but looked like it will be open any day, so you will be able to cart your bags all the way to the Hilton at some point.

The train from Schiphol to Centraal Station if doing a same day round trip is 5.50 E. It is quick (15 minute trip) and easy to do. During most hours, trains leave every 15 minutes. I of course went into the city center and walked, walked and walked. The temp was 82F which was strange for me as I’ve only been during the shoulder seasons and normally it is much colder than that.

Bed is not the most luxurious thing, but I sure had no problem sleeping. Woke up the next morning and did my easy walk to the terminal.

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
</font>
Thanks for the report. It has been quite helpful to me.