Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Dax1956
I stayed here for the first time for one night last week. I was upgraded to a king executive with a single sofabed. Very very small window. Terrible view anyway so it didn't matter. I have stayed at bankside, waldorf, canary wharf, islington, park lane and a few more in London i was disappointed! And probably will not stay again
the lounge is tiny. Nice patio area but it was closed due to bad weather. The afternoon tea is not afternoon tea. Chocolate cake and Apple pie both still frozen in the middle. Tastes nice once it thawed out though.
Evening offerings were fine. Lots of greasy fried things.
Breakfast in the restaurant not as good as backside. No eggs or omelettes cooked to order. .

I just wasn't impressed!
Oh, that’s not so good...... I think it’s a single sofa bed in my room too, I wouldn’t say the lounge is tiny but yes it is small.

Now in lounge , got here 6-05pm, it’s half full and filling up quickly, I anticipate a busy night, seems to be a nice vibe.

BEERS - Stella

WINE - red , white and cava

CANAPÉS - pasta carbonara, veggie samosas, Broccoli soup, chicken curry/rice pots, crudités and a fair cheeseboard.

SPIRITS - whisky, gin, Havana and vodka.

In the time it’s taken me to type this it’s now nearly full, a few seats left......glad I got here early!....will report back!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Oh, that’s not so good...... I think it’s a single sofa bed in my room too, I wouldn’t say the lounge is tiny but yes it is small.

Now in lounge , got here 6-05pm, it’s half full and filling up quickly, I anticipate a busy night, seems to be a nice vibe.

BEERS - Stella

WINE - red , white and cava

CANAPÉS - pasta carbonara, veggie samosas, Broccoli soup, chicken curry/rice pots, crudités and a fair cheeseboard.

SPIRITS - whisky, gin, Havana and vodka.

In the time it’s taken me to type this it’s now nearly full, a few seats left......glad I got here early!....will report back!
I would be perfectly happy with that evening food tbh.

Cakes which haven’t defrosted yet is just unacceptable.

Look forward to your report on breakfast, if the situation is still the same as with Dax1956 then I wouldn’t be happy. I would go to Bankside just for the eggs 😀.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I would be perfectly happy with that evening food tbh.

Cakes which haven’t defrosted yet is just unacceptable.

Look forward to your report on breakfast, if the situation is still the same as with Dax1956 then I wouldn’t be happy. I would go to Bankside just for the eggs 😀.
I had a small slice of the red velvet cake this afternoon simply out of curiosity as I’ve not tried it before, it was very nice , that said I do agree with dax, it is unacceptable.

Now half way through happy hour, it’s a good deal here 6- 9 pm, fairly busy with folk coming and going but not crazy.....nice vibe, nice food......yep, enjoying this!.........will report back!
teemuflyer and GOTBound like this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
... Breakfast in the restaurant not as good as backside...
A harsh judgement there Dax1956 !!

I generally like Hilton TB, so I am perhaps biased to forgive some wrinkles based on the typical level of satisfaction I have. Understandably, to anyone without the background satisfaction with this hotel, service lapses are less tolerable. But breakfast is definitely always better than anyone's backside !
NoY, wizla and GOTBound like this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:46 pm

Lounge got slightly rowdy towards the end , nothing offensive but slight drunkenness by a group in the corner.....Left lounge at 10pm , food was taken away at 9pm promptly, went for a walk and kebab ....now back, it’s 11-45, bar buzzing but we both tired, going to retire.
In the morning, gym then breakfast........will report back
GOTBound likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:15 am

Slept well , bed comfy...... I’ve had a look at the online floor plan and rooms xx11 and xx12 are definitely bigger !........ I will OLCI to this when I stay again.
Went to lounge 7-45 am , nice spread, grabbed a cappuccino to take away ( take away cups available)...... now off to gym , then breakfast....... will report back!
GOTBound likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Me and Mrs. GOTBound have a weekend stay here in about a month, the only non soccer related London trip for me this winter/spring . We stayed at this hotel quite a few times in the past but this will our first stay in a couple of year. By judging of wizla 's report the expectations on the hotel will be what we where used to in the past.
We have a King guest room booked (booked for £126/night during the Winter sale), I'll report back what we received once we're checked in.

EK
wizla likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:05 am

Slept well , bed comfy...... I’ve had a look at the online floor plan and rooms xx11 and xx12 are definitely bigger !........ I will OLCI to this when I stay again.
Went to lounge 7-45 am , nice spread, grabbed a cappuccino to take away ( take away cups available)...... now off to gym , then breakfast....... will report back!
GYM - it’s smallish, basically two of everything cardio wise, there is a multi rack and some benches with free weights....... just myself and two others present, there is also a yoga mat and mirrors, medicine balls and a leg press machine.

Forgot to mention, I normally shower after the gym but this morning I fancied a bath , the bath in the room is long, I’m nearly 6ft and could easily lay down in there.

BREAKFAST - it’s important I get this right as I’ve had a few PM s from you all interested in the new breakfast layout here.
Went to breakfast just after 10am, no queue and my friend and I are shown to a window seat.
The breakfast is served in the old Jamie’s Italian restaurant and it’s a nice setting, I genuinely think it’s very similar to Bankside with regards to the atmosphere and selection.......I thought it was great and everything was delicious!
I started with some grapefruit segments and then some granola, the granola is very much like the famous Bankside honey nut granola except no where near as sweet but certainly had the texture...... with some Greek yogurt and berry’s it’s very nice!
I also had some hot food, sausage, bacon , beens and frittata and flat mushrooms ......it was lovely but could have been hotter .
There is a nice juice selection, I had a glass of cranberry, it was nice.
There was some nice looking pastries too but I didn’t indulge.
To conclude If you have taken breakfast at Bankside it’s almost the same except as I said the granola isn’t as sweet.
Finished with a cappuccino in the Executive lounge which was very quiet.

Checked out at 11am, swiftly and I’m on my way.

PARKING - there is no parking at the hotel but there is secure parking available an 11 minute walk away at Qpark tower bridge , it’s £30 for 24 hours and I feel this is great value.

CONCLUSION - the perfect stay!...... absolutely no issues at all, I was made to feel very welcome indeed and enjoyed every aspect , Shame due to the bad weather the executive lounge outside terrace wasn’t open , it looks nice.
Great stay, great hotel......... I will definitely return!......I did take some photos but I’m struggling to upload here, will try later.

ROOM NO - 1011 ( twin executive room )

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree Greenwich ( 9 - 3 - 20 )
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
BREAKFAST - it’s important I get this right ...
To conclude If you have taken breakfast at Bankside it’s almost the same except as I said the granola isn’t as sweet.
Thanks wizla for the update. And I completely agree, it is VERY important to get breakfast right - to every single detail!

So - with a stay planned in 4 week or so, can I check with you - is there an option to order omelette/poached eggs etc as part of the diamond breakfast in the restaurant? The guys in Jamie's used to knock out fantastic omelettes, though I'm not expecting the same finesse, it would be good if eggs to order was still an option.

And, like you, I'm a big fan of Bankside granola (as you know!) ... so you've given me high expectations!!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Thanks wizla for the update. And I completely agree, it is VERY important to get breakfast right - to every single detail!

So - with a stay planned in 4 week or so, can I check with you - is there an option to order omelette/poached eggs etc as part of the diamond breakfast in the restaurant? The guys in Jamie's used to knock out fantastic omelettes, though I'm not expecting the same finesse, it would be good if eggs to order was still an option.

And, like you, I'm a big fan of Bankside granola (as you know!) ... so you've given me high expectations!!
I actually didn’t ask as the frittata on the buffet looked good ( and tasted good too ) but I’m pretty sure they will knock you up an omelette as there were many chef’s working behind the buffet flying around, I also think I saw a guy eating one whilst walking back to my table.
Overall it was great, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed and it definitely is very much like Bankside......try the granola!, dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader

I just completed a stay there, and there was not an egg station. I always order an omelette if available. I asked the cook and she said no, then pointed me to the fried eggs already cooked. Nice restaurant, plenty of choices, good service, but no omelettes.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:33 am

I’ll be staying here in 3 weeks time as well, looking forward to breakfast now the restaurant has finally re-opened. Thanks for the update Wizla
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:25 am

I just completed a stay there, and there was not an egg station. I always order an omelette if available. I asked the cook and she said no, then pointed me to the fried eggs already cooked. Nice restaurant, plenty of choices, good service, but no omelettes.
Ahh...... there’s the answer then..... it must have been the frittata or pancakes I saw the guy eating.....cheers for confirming.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I’ll be staying here in 3 weeks time as well, looking forward to breakfast now the restaurant has finally re-opened. Thanks for the update Wizla
You are very welcome....... I’m confident you will have a great stay, that PM I sent you of the guest relations manager was brilliant, make sure you deal with her, she came and met me in the lounge and offered me and my friend hot breakfast even though this was way after breakfast had finished.
Happy hour is 6-9pm too, very generous.......I think I actually prefer this now to Bankside.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:58 am

You are very welcome....... I’m confident you will have a great stay, that PM I sent you of the guest relations manager was brilliant, make sure you deal with her, she came and met me in the lounge and offered me and my friend hot breakfast even though this was way after breakfast had finished.
Happy hour is 6-9pm too, very generous.......I think I actually prefer this now to Bankside.
I never got a PM from you, can you re-send it please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.