Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Cabana Las Lilas just over the bridge towards town and on the left is very good - at least a few years ago it was.
I have been in this restaurant 3/4 times, the last time around 2,5 years ago.

Always I have been invited by a local who says that they have the best cuts in Bs As.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Lifetime Diamond
You might try El Establo Parilla which is on Paraguay only a couple of blocks from Gallerias Pacifico. We had what we considered the best steak we have ever had there. Prices were reasonable and there was a lot of local custom. It is certainly less than a 30 minute walk from the Hilton--we did it on foot with no problem.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
New "Limo Check-in Service" from EZE to Hilton- Any experiences?

I got the following e-mail from the Concierge- anybody have any experience? Seems way expensive!

Dear teemuflyer,

We are honored to welcome you to Hilton Buenos Aires, where every detail has been thought of to make your stay the most comfortable and rewarding one.

We recognize time is extremely valuable, especially when travelling. Taking that into account and also being aware of the importance of feeling safe when arriving to a foreign country, we developed a new service to improve the experience of our most loyal guests, VIP HHonors Diamond and Gold Members.

In order to save time and avoid any paperwork when arriving at the hotel, we offer you our “Limo Check in service” which provides you the possibility to check in to the hotel room during the drive from the airport.

The car service provided from Ezeiza international airport to the hotel has a cost of U$ 80 American Dollars plus parking expenses and from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery airport to the hotel has a cost of U$ 40 American Dollars plus parking expenses. One hour waiting time at Ezeiza and half an hour waiting time at Aeroparque are already included; there would be USD 22 Dollars for each additional hour of waiting time.The car has a capacity of up to three persons and it can be charged to your account once you check in. As a part of this special promotion for our HHonors Gold and Diamond guests, we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount.

If you would like to take advantage of this service, please reply to this email providing us your flight number, date and time of arrival, as well as how many passengers and pieces of luggage are travelling with you in order to arrange your pick-up.

If there is any additional assistance you may need during your stay, feel free to contact the Concierge Desk dialing ext. “1181”.

Warm Regards,
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IMO, ridículo. Just use the Manuel Tienda León remise service ($58 with no parking fees) and save some money - and check in like the rest of us do. (Note this hotel will happily charge all kinds of things to your room for you - remise, limo, and at one time even restaurants nearby such as Cabaña Las Lilas, but you will not get any points out of the charges for anything not operated directly by the hotel, such as room service, hotel restaurant, etc. - not the hotel lobby shop, by the way.)

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I got the following e-mail from the Concierge- anybody have any experience? Seems way expensive!

Dear teemuflyer,

We are honored to welcome you to Hilton Buenos Aires, where every detail has been thought of to make your stay the most comfortable and rewarding one.

We recognize time is extremely valuable, especially when travelling. Taking that into account and also being aware of the importance of feeling safe when arriving to a foreign country, we developed a new service to improve the experience of our most loyal guests, VIP HHonors Diamond and Gold Members.

In order to save time and avoid any paperwork when arriving at the hotel, we offer you our “Limo Check in service” which provides you the possibility to check in to the hotel room during the drive from the airport.

The car service provided from Ezeiza international airport to the hotel has a cost of U$ 80 American Dollars plus parking expenses and from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery airport to the hotel has a cost of U$ 40 American Dollars plus parking expenses. One hour waiting time at Ezeiza and half an hour waiting time at Aeroparque are already included; there would be USD 22 Dollars for each additional hour of waiting time.The car has a capacity of up to three persons and it can be charged to your account once you check in. As a part of this special promotion for our HHonors Gold and Diamond guests, we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount.

If you would like to take advantage of this service, please reply to this email providing us your flight number, date and time of arrival, as well as how many passengers and pieces of luggage are travelling with you in order to arrange your pick-up.

If there is any additional assistance you may need during your stay, feel free to contact the Concierge Desk dialing ext. “1181”.

Warm Regards,
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:29 pm

Breakfast Options/Recommendations for Diamonds?

Being a HHonors Diamond, I know I can have breakfast in the Lounge (how is it?). Do they also extend the option to have a full breakfast in the Hotel restaurant, or is it limited to a continental offering?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Being a HHonors Diamond, I know I can have breakfast in the Lounge (how is it?). Do they also extend the option to have a full breakfast in the Hotel restaurant, or is it limited to a continental offering?
I've never even thought to test the restaurant because I think the breakfast in the lounge is outstanding. It's a full hot breakfast buffet. The only reason to go to the restaurant would be if they have steak or something special like that. My favorite is their medialuna, the best croissant I have ever had, anywhere. The deficiency, IMO, is the runny scrambled eggs, but I understand that that's how Porteños like them. Oh, and servers will bring whatever breakfast drinks you want.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast in the lounge is excellent.

I have stayed at the hotel also on rates that include breakfast and as such I have also tested out the restaurant- also excellent and a little bit better selection however I would choose the lounge as it is quieter.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: DL GM/HH Diamond/Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Firewind
I've never even thought to test the restaurant because I think the breakfast in the lounge is outstanding. It's a full hot breakfast buffet. The only reason to go to the restaurant would be if they have steak or something special like that. My favorite is their medialuna, the best croissant I have ever had, anywhere. The deficiency, IMO, is the runny scrambled eggs, but I understand that that's how Porteños like them. Oh, and servers will bring whatever breakfast drinks you want.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Breakfast in the lounge is excellent.

I have stayed at the hotel also on rates that include breakfast and as such I have also tested out the restaurant- also excellent and a little bit better selection however I would choose the lounge as it is quieter.
I worry about your tastes. I am currently staying in the hotel (7th stay over 4 years) and the lounge breakfast is very limited.

The only hot items are bacon and the runny scrambled eggs. The remainder of the items are a selection of breads, a few pastries, yogurt, 3 cereals, and fruit.

Far from excellent.

Also, I ate at the "El Faro" restaurant downstairs and while presentation was excellent, the rest was mediocre. Do yourself a favor and head to the Starbucks 2 minutes away and eat at one of the numerous, excellent restaurants around Puerto Madero.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by izmatron
I worry about your tastes. I am currently staying in the hotel (7th stay over 4 years) and the lounge breakfast is very limited.

The only hot items are bacon and the runny scrambled eggs. The remainder of the items are a selection of breads, a few pastries, yogurt, 3 cereals, and fruit.

Far from excellent.

Also, I ate at the "El Faro" restaurant downstairs and while presentation was excellent, the rest was mediocre. Do yourself a favor and head to the Starbucks 2 minutes away and eat at one of the numerous, excellent restaurants around Puerto Madero.
Hmmm....

I have used El Faro for a number of meetings and never had a single negative piece of feedback from anyone- and typically the people in these meetings are not hesitant at all to be vocal.

Could it be that the hotel has "enhanced" F&B offerings?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you for the update, izmatron. I am sorry to hear this. It's less than it was. I indeed concur about lunch and dinner nearby. At what places do you recommend having breakfast around Puerto Madero?

I still hold with my comment about the medialunas. Please don't say that they're now mediocre.

Last edited by Firewind; Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 am Reason: mmmmmedialunas
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:05 pm

Far from excellent.

Just finished a stay there and thought that the Breakfast selection was limited, but of good quality at the EL.

The evening spread was OK. Lots of "fancy" pre-made stuff, but I settled for the cheeses, cold cuts, olives, cornichons, and of course, the sparkling and red wines .

I found the service extremely attentive, and they even granted me a late checkout of 6:30PM on Sunday night since that was the time when my car was ordered for!!

Finally, for me, the location was perfect. I like to walk and from this location I could go in any direction and hit most of the interesting districts (now mind you, I probably walked about 15+ miles on Saturday w/o any complaints, so probably not your atypical "walker"
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL GM/HH Diamond/Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Hmmm....

I have used El Faro for a number of meetings and never had a single negative piece of feedback from anyone- and typically the people in these meetings are not hesitant at all to be vocal.

Could it be that the hotel has "enhanced" F&B offerings?
Good question, although I noticed that my meals came from EF when they brought them out. They weren't terrible, but definitely not even close to the quality one would expect for the price point.

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you for the update, izmatron. I am sorry to hear this. It's less than it was. I indeed concur about lunch and dinner nearby. At what places do you recommend having breakfast around Puerto Madero?

I still hold with my comment about the medialunas. Please don't say that they're now mediocre.
I would normally pick up breakfast at Starbucks on my walk into the office. There is one on the same side as the river as the Hilton if you walk towards the ICBC building.

Just finished a stay there and thought that the Breakfast selection was limited, but of good quality at the EL.

The evening spread was OK. Lots of "fancy" pre-made stuff, but I settled for the cheeses, cold cuts, olives, cornichons, and of course, the sparkling and red wines .

I found the service extremely attentive, and they even granted me a late checkout of 6:30PM on Sunday night since that was the time when my car was ordered for!!

Finally, for me, the location was perfect. I like to walk and from this location I could go in any direction and hit most of the interesting districts (now mind you, I probably walked about 15+ miles on Saturday w/o any complaints, so probably not your atypical "walker"
Were you there during the Peugeot event? Even as a diamond they wouldn't book me for Thursday night and I had to switch to the Sofitel in Retiro.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:00 pm

Were you there during the Peugeot event? Even as a diamond they wouldn't book me for Thursday night and I had to switch to the Sofitel in Retiro.
Yes, but I had booked my room a few weeks back. They had Peugeot banners everywhere and the lobby/piano bar was packed on Friday night.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:15 pm

Walking Possible from Hilton to Colonia Express?

Planning a return trip to BA in a few weeks, this time with my wife. We are considering taking the Colonia Express hydrofoil over to Uruguay for a day trip, and I was wondering if anyone that has taken that trip can comment on the walkability from the Hilton to their pier in the Boca district? Looking at Google Maps, it takes you under the highway etc., but then again they have the famous "beta" disclaimer for walking directions..
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:44 pm

Planning a return trip to BA in a few weeks, this time with my wife. We are considering taking the Colonia Express hydrofoil over to Uruguay for a day trip, and I was wondering if anyone that has taken that trip can comment on the walkability from the Hilton to their pier in the Boca district? Looking at Google Maps, it takes you under the highway etc., but then again they have the famous "beta" disclaimer for walking directions..
I walked back from Boca, and it was a long walk, at least 45 minutes, as I recall. I was drained when I got back, but that was in February, mid-summer. Something to also consider is that you'll probably do a lot of walking on the other side, unless it's your plan to find a cafe, plop down and watch people. I'd take a taxi to Boca, all such things considered. They are pretty cheap.

You know there's a ferry from the nearer terminal in the opposite direction (walking). I walked over to the terminal, and back, which was wholly an easy walk. Don't know how it compares with the hydrofoil, but it's a big ferry and the terminal is nice and modern. Lots of people in flipflops day-tripping. Again, it was summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.