Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
You can also see Cristina's helicopter from your room window flying into the Pink house every morning...
Old May 4, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Have stayed here several times and experience was okay but after today's experience will be looking for another option in Buenos Aires. As a lifetime Diamond member I am usually treated very well - not when I arrived today.

Reserved a $399 + tax (total of $483 usd) executive level room. I am also hosting an event tonight for 60 people at the hotel. When I arrive at 3 PM to check in (normal check in time) I am told there are no rooms available. Front desk clerk calls the duty manager and asks if I can be upgraded to a suite and is told no. He apologizes and sends me up to wait in the executive lounge. At 3:40 still no room and I have my first meeting at 4 PM. The attendant in the lounge looks for rooms, makes excuses about being overbooked, and again calls the manager. He finally finds a room - but not on the executive level and makes it seem like it is a gift. I point out that this is not what I have reserved and am basically told take it or leave it.

Upon getting to my room I call and ask for the manager. When she comes on she apologizes that she is unable to upgrade me to the executive level but the hotel is full. WHATT???? When I remind her that my reservation is for an executive level room and that I am not asking for an uprgade, only what I reserved she continues to make excuses about occupancy rates.

Don't sell me a room that you cannot supply, especially when it is the most expensive room below a suite. No offer for a reduced rate since I am not getting what I booked. I will make a complaint directly with HHonors when I return to the US.

There are too many good hotels in Buenos Aires to risk this type of service and I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future. My past stays have been pleasant, but the experience today was unacceptable.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Terrible hotel

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Have stayed here several times and experience was okay but after today's experience will be looking for another option in Buenos Aires. As a lifetime Diamond member I am usually treated very well - not when I arrived today.

Reserved a $399 + tax (total of $483 usd) executive level room. I am also hosting an event tonight for 60 people at the hotel. When I arrive at 3 PM to check in (normal check in time) I am told there are no rooms available. Front desk clerk calls the duty manager and asks if I can be upgraded to a suite and is told no. He apologizes and sends me up to wait in the executive lounge. At 3:40 still no room and I have my first meeting at 4 PM. The attendant in the lounge looks for rooms, makes excuses about being overbooked, and again calls the manager. He finally finds a room - but not on the executive level and makes it seem like it is a gift. I point out that this is not what I have reserved and am basically told take it or leave it.

Upon getting to my room I call and ask for the manager. When she comes on she apologizes that she is unable to upgrade me to the executive level but the hotel is full. WHATT???? When I remind her that my reservation is for an executive level room and that I am not asking for an uprgade, only what I reserved she continues to make excuses about occupancy rates.

Don't sell me a room that you cannot supply, especially when it is the most expensive room below a suite. No offer for a reduced rate since I am not getting what I booked. I will make a complaint directly with HHonors when I return to the US.

There are too many good hotels in Buenos Aires to risk this type of service and I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future. My past stays have been pleasant, but the experience today was unacceptable.
I had a pretty bad experience as well this past March:
  • no real upgrade at check in even though there were plenty of suites available at the time
  • terrible service from everyone
  • dirty water coming from bathroom sink
  • noisy AC
  • bad WiFi signal
  • no towels at the pool and no one to ask for them
  • pool tiles falling off
  • dirty towels in changing room's floor
  • cold sauna
  • no help with bags at check out
  • no diamond recognition at all during stay
  • taxi scam with car requested by the hotel
  • no shampoo in the bathroom
  • list goes on and on... just for a less than 24h stay.
I completed the survey 1 day after checkout, after a few emails I got 50000 points in compensation from HHonors. Hotel got back to me 40 (FORTY) days after checkout.
NEVER GOING BACK THERE, they have some serious management problems
Old May 4, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
@DevilDawg1960, @lautaro: I like this hotel a lot ... but try the Park Hyatt Duhau.

[I have no connection with the Park Hyatt or Hyatt.]
Old May 5, 2016, 7:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by Firewind
@DevilDawg1960, @lautaro: I like this hotel a lot ... but try the Park Hyatt Duhau.

[I have no connection with the Park Hyatt or Hyatt.]
Park Hyatt is my goto hotel in Buenos Aires, I went straight there for 2 nights after leaving the Hilton .
However, I was recently matched from HGP Diamond to HH Diamond and wanted to check out Hilton Buenos Aires. I got better treatment and Diamond recognition at HGI Tucuman than here.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Sounds very unlike the hotel I have stayed at multiple times with excellent service. It will be very disappointing if this becomes the norm.

In the mean time, why not contact the HH Diamond Desk while there, and have someone from HQ call the GM while you're still there?
Old May 9, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Update on thread quoted below.

I did not realize it but I was in fact given a $200 reduction of my room rate for the night. I was also contacted by the Guest Services Manager who apologized for the experience.

I appreciate the service recovery effort that was expended. My other six stays at this hotel were fine. The service at he event that I hosted that night at the hotel was fantastic.

Old May 9, 2016, 3:33 pm

Update on thread quoted below.

I did not realize it but I was in fact given a $200 reduction of my room rate for the night. I was also contacted by the Guest Services Manager who apologized for the experience.

I appreciate the service recovery effort that was expended. My other six stays at this hotel were fine. The service at he event that I hosted that night at the hotel was fantastic.
Thanks for the update and reassurance that the property hasn't lost it's mojo in customer service..
Old May 14, 2016, 4:34 am

Executive Lounge moved to 9th floor

The former lounge is now a restaurant. The presidential suite serves as a makeshift lounge. According to the lounge staff this situation will last for at least three months.
Old May 14, 2016, 7:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lautaro
I had a pretty bad experience as well this past March:
  • no real upgrade at check in even though there were plenty of suites available at the time
  • terrible service from everyone
  • dirty water coming from bathroom sink
  • noisy AC
  • bad WiFi signal
  • no towels at the pool and no one to ask for them
  • pool tiles falling off
  • dirty towels in changing room's floor
  • cold sauna
  • no help with bags at check out
  • no diamond recognition at all during stay
  • taxi scam with car requested by the hotel
  • no shampoo in the bathroom
  • list goes on and on... just for a less than 24h stay.
I completed the survey 1 day after checkout, after a few emails I got 50000 points in compensation from HHonors. Hotel got back to me 40 (FORTY) days after checkout.
NEVER GOING BACK THERE, they have some serious management problems
I've never gotten an upgrade to a suite at this hotel. And I've had a lot of nights booked at this hotel over the past 15 years.

As this hotel has seen an increase in frequency in massive volumes of luggage staged in the lobby prior to check-in or after check-out, service at the hotel has suffered. Would I avoid this hotel if the price point was better? Probably not, but I'd also go in with reduced expectations compared to what I used to have for this hotel say 5-15 years ago.

I've given up on this hotel in substantial part -- especially when it comes to award nights -- and use the Park Hyatt as my main choice there.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
What about the new Curio property a short distance away, have you tried it yet?

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've never gotten an upgrade to a suite at this hotel. And I've had a lot of nights booked at this hotel over the past 15 years.

As this hotel has seen an increase in frequency in massive volumes of luggage staged in the lobby prior to check-in or after check-out, service at the hotel has suffered. Would I avoid this hotel if the price point was better? Probably not, but I'd also go in with reduced expectations compared to what I used to have for this hotel say 5-15 years ago.

I've given up on this hotel in substantial part -- especially when it comes to award nights -- and use the Park Hyatt as my main choice there.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Duff
The former lounge is now a restaurant. The presidential suite serves as a makeshift lounge. According to the lounge staff this situation will last for at least three months.
Before reading your last sentence, thinking it might be the new normal, my response was going to be, "Not surprising, as they devoted a substantial amount of space to the lounge. But on the other hand, I wonder how they'd fit all the buffet tables, let alone the people, into a suite". How do they?

Now, like GUWonder, the Hyatt is my first choice. But I do NOT think this hotel is a slouch, as do others above.

Last edited by Firewind; May 14, 2016 at 10:34 am
Old May 14, 2016, 2:09 pm

Before reading your last sentence, thinking it might be the new normal, my response was going to be, "Not surprising, as they devoted a substantial amount of space to the lounge. But on the other hand, I wonder how they'd fit all the buffet tables, let alone the people, into a suite". How do they?

Now, like GUWonder, the Hyatt is my first choice. But I do NOT think this hotel is a slouch, as do others above.
They may have devoted a lot of space for the lounge, but I've been there where they have had to bring in temporary tables and seats to accommodate all the eligible lounge guests, so there's that.
Old May 15, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
What about the new Curio property a short distance away, have you tried it yet?

I stayed at the Hilton and the Curio in January - for me the Curio was the better place, even if the rooms are a little smaller.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

Park Hyatt is definitely not in the same league (and not the same segment as well). Same story of course for the location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.