Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Unless you want to spend for the Park Hyatt or the Four Seasons or the new boutique hotel whose name I cannot recall at the moment- then yes I agree with you the Hilton is a great choice. I spent over a month at the Hilton a couple of years ago and thought it was excellent.
Any thoughts on the Intercontinental BA? I'm there for four nights next month on reward stay.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Any thoughts on the Intercontinental BA? I'm there for four nights next month on reward stay.
I haven't stayed in it. But walking around it and in its common areas, it looks like it's fallen behind the Hilton and Hyatt. And the location isn't nearly as good as those two, IMO. Don't get me wrong, though, the Intercontinental isn't bad.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not stayed at the IC but did go there for a Sunday brunch- at least from a brunch point of view it was pretty good. I know there are some real fans of the IC B.A. but as I am not a Royal Ambassador I don't know.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have not stayed at the IC but did go there for a Sunday brunch- at least from a brunch point of view it was pretty good. I know there are some real fans of the IC B.A. but as I am not a Royal Ambassador I don't know.
Well, I'm not an RA or an A, just one of millions of Platinums. I'm burning a free night cert from my IHG Chase Visa. As long as the room is clean and comfortable, I'll be happy.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I'm not an RA or an A, just one of millions of Platinums. I'm burning a free night cert from my IHG Chase Visa. As long as the room is clean and comfortable, I'll be happy.
Enjoy and I think you can be sure of both clean and comfortable with a very good location in BA.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:21 pm

Hilton BA

I wanted to book a nice room with my gf for an upcoming trip in April and was curious for a suite would it be better to have one with marina or city view? I haven't been able to find too much information about them except for the Hilton website. Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
don't think it much matters. I like the view out to the ecological reserve (east) past a high rise. Quite pleasant all round--there is a street below but doesn't seem as busy as one in front. View over marina sometimes is not so great as you have building in front of you anyway (lower but in front so you are looking at that roof). View to south is at least quiet and you can see marina/downtown from there.

I would say any room is fine but try not to get one facing the main front street (Guemes?). It is not that busy at night but there is a bit more noise there.
Old May 4, 2013, 8:44 am
Suspended

Any recent reviews of this hotel and is this a good choice to redeem an AXON cert before the cost of same goes up in June?

I have never been to B/A.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; May 4, 2013 at 10:57 am
Old May 22, 2013, 9:02 am

Does anyone have the email for the Manager? I have a few stays comming up and was hoping to get his/her contact information.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
EZE Airport to Hilton?

Contemplating a quick trip down to BA. What are the recommended means to get the Hilton from EZE? I read the following options from the Airport Page, but would appreciate some independent suggestions.

http://www.airportbuenosaires.com/tr...om-ezeiza.html

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2013, 1:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
We prefer to take a cab when we aren't renting a car. For two people travelling it becomes a reasonable type of travel. Cab quality can vary but mostly it has been ok. If you must have a roomy clean car, reserve a better form of transport.
Old May 27, 2013, 3:59 pm

Restaurant Recommendations within Walking Distance

Booked my travel and will be at the Hilton BA June 14-16th (with a late flight out, so 3 full days :-) ). I have done quite a bit of research on TripAdvisor, and the number of restaurants in the vicinity is pretty impressive. Please let me know if you have any "can't miss" restaurants in mind that are within a reasonable distance from the Hotel. For me walking distance is within 30 minutes..
Old May 27, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Booked my travel and will be at the Hilton BA June 14-16th (with a late flight out, so 3 full days :-) ). I have done quite a bit of research on TripAdvisor, and the number of restaurants in the vicinity is pretty impressive. Please let me know if you have any "can't miss" restaurants in mind that are within a reasonable distance from the Hotel. For me walking distance is within 30 minutes..
Cabana Las Lilas just over the bridge towards town and on the left is very good - at least a few years ago it was.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:44 am

EL Hours @ Hilton Buenos Aires

Does anyone have the hours for breakfast & Happy Hour? I'll be staying Fri-Sun.

Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:14 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Cabana Las Lilas just over the bridge towards town and on the left is very good - at least a few years ago it was.
I ate there 6 years ago.. very very solid but a bit pricey for BA. I think that there are just as good steak places for cheaper. Though, the location can't be beat

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.