Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The two computers with internet connection in the room behind the Exec Lounge floor check-in desk is free. Same goes for Exec Floor guests who go down to the business center and get a code to use the business center computer. [The problem downstairs is that the code expires something like every 20 minutes and thus requires getting another one each time.]

Internet in the room is not free, but I know it was high enough at the start of summer/winter (latter in Argentina), that I chose not to use it on a leisure one-day stay at the hotel then.

The Park Tower has better/more consistent personalized service than the Hilton.

The Hilton Buenos Aires staff performance is now sort of a shadow of its former self.

Have they even yet fixed the light of the "H" letter in the Hilton sign on the building? It was out for at least 3 months this year, and then I stopped paying attention.
Yes, sign says Hilton. Loungwe is also very nice, it has pool table in it and nice snacks amd entrance. Also the internet was free (room and lobby) as a diamond.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Here's the thread - Conrad Buenos Aires. Hilton's involvement in the +5411 Juana Manso project definitely seems DOA.

Originally Posted by jkm024
JDiver - I posted about the Conrad BsAs awhile back and someone told me that the project had been canceled... for some reason, I cannot find the thread. I remember seeing the construction site when we were there in March of 2009, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 1, 2010 at 5:34 am
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Has one recently stayed here on an award stay? I booked mine while still Diamond, and on the reservation, it indicated that I would be upgraded to the executive level if rooms were available, at no extra charge. I am now silver, so am wondering how it is going to shake out.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am just getting ready to check out of this hotel today. The lounge renewal seems to be pretty good. I much prefer the 4 PC stations in the lounge, than the two that were in the small room previously. The printer is nice too. Only a few times during my week stay did I see all 4 being used at the same time. It's too bad that they don't have free wifi in the lounge, though.

Breakfast got old after one day. No rotation of food. Runny scrambled eggs, and bacon were the only hot items. Last weekend, food didn't all get put out until 8am instead of the 7:30am start. I spotted the same apple with huge rotten spot on it three days in a row.

Afternoon tea (3-5pm) was adequate, with some sort of cake and some small sandwiches. Only checked it out a few times.

Evening happy hour (6-8pm) was good, but only one hot item, and every single day it was empanadas. Hey, I love Argentine empanadas, but every single day? I liked the ham and cheese the best. The desserts were different, but nothing else changed.

Service is still quite minimal. They often run out of still water in the cooler, and plates rarely if ever get cleared while you're at the table. They also always bring you the slips to sign. Many people are confused by this and think they're asking for tips. They don't check the slips either, so you could just not sign it, which I saw a few folks do.

The enclosed patio part is nice if you come out in the afternoon. Padded rattan furniture and a nice view of the pool and sun deck. In the evening lots of smokers go just outside this area, so don't sit close to the door if you don't want to smell the smoke.

I had a confirmation from Hilton that I would get a free upgrade to an Executive level room, which they refused to honor. I brought the printout I had, which made no mention of it being a Diamond/Gold only benefit. In the end, they gave me lounge benefit, but stuck me in a noisy 3rd floor, street facing room. Sucks not to be a Diamond, certainly.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold
Hilton Buenos Aires canceling my reservation by mistake

I have been having a huge problem dealing with Hilton Buenos Aires, and I wonder if anyone on here has had similarly bad experience with that Hilton.

I originally booked two rooms for the nights of Oct 15 and 16 (for four adults) at a rate of US $179 per room per night, but when I got an e-mail from Hilton promoting some special weekend rate they have, I got the rate lowered to US $143 a night, which I thought is a great rate for this hotel.

When I signed onto my Hilton account yesterday, I see that the reservation has been canceled, although I never canceled it myself. I made the reservation originally through Hilton Hhonors number, and so I called that number to find out what is going on. The agent told me that my reservation has been canceled, but she could rebook it at a rate of $290 per room per night. When I expressed my dissatisfaction, I was transferred to Hilton Guest Assistance program. A fellow by the name of Taylor has been helping me. He managed to get in touch with the internal reservation department at the Hilton in BA, and Taylor discovered that the reservation was canceled by the hotel itself. I have been asking Taylor to help me rebook my hotel room at the rate I was promised. And Taylor has been keeping in touch with the Hilton BA reservation department to have them assist me in rebooking the room.

It has been almost 36 hours since I originally talked to Taylor at the Hilton Guest Assistance Program, and my reservation has not been rebooked.

What the reservation department at Hilton Buenos Aires did (canceling my reservation without my permission) was unacceptable. I am curious to see if anyone has had any problem with the reservation department at this hotel.

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thumbs down

I have stayed in this hotel a few times and always I have made 2/3 separate bookings, because until 1 week before, I do not know how many days I will stay.
Always I have received a mail from their booking department asking asking why I have xx bookings, and offering to cancel the ones I will not need... but never they have cancelled any of the bookings without my permission.
It would be totally unnaceptable.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:31 pm

I've stayed a number of times in the last ten years or so, with nary a problem with my bookings. Press Hilton Guest Assistance Program (and check to see if the MVP program is useful here too...) to persist, but be sure to give them a little time.

This is why it is absolutely imperative to check our travel plans periodically - these things occasionally do happen with air and hotel bookings, at least.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold
thank you, everyone for their response. After much perseverance with the Hilton Guest Assistance department, I managed to get the hilton BA to rebook my reservation at the rate that was promised me originally.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is why I always try to have a paper trail (or email trail) when any changes are done. At a minimum the date, time and name of the person I spoke with.

I had a printout that guaranteed a free upgrade to the club level, if available, with club access at this hotel, and was denied it. Only by having the printout, and not accepting their first or second "no", did I end up getting club access, but still not club floor.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:07 pm

¡Asi es, amigo carterito! (Castilian for "you betcha".) Paper backup can be your friend.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:19 pm

hilton buenos Aires in two weeks

thinking of taking a long weekend from new york to BA (mile run) and am wondering about recent stays at this property. we are hilton diamond so that should help. looking forward to some warm weather but photo of the pool not presenting it as very inviting. also, the spa seems to be gone???? any recent stay information will be helpful.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just returned from there and quite happy--reward stay.

Hotel has been full every day though. We did not get upgraded to exec floor as a result (I checked for availability but there was none online or at desk) but had high floor and privileges in lounge etc. Room was very nice and other than robe and slippers didn't really notice difference from exec floor.

Staff were very good including giving us a late checkout (3 PM) which for a full hotel I was happy with.

Lounge food seems to have been improved for breakfast since last time and PM/evening offerings also but still can be spotty. No problem finding something to eat though. I think you can order various eggs as it seems some people were doing that but I wasn't paying attention as to whether they were paying extra etc--you might ask if you just want over easy eggs instead of scrambled (can be runny or good depending on the day). Service was good and tables were kept clean.

Didn't try pool area but was clean and nice looking and quite a few people were taking advantage of it, including going in the water, so I presume water was heated. Can't help on spa but there were people going to the gym. We just did a lot of walking.

Free internet for diamonds even though you have to sign in and apparently pay by checking off the 65 pesos a day charge to get online. When going to pay at the end, there were no charges (didn't have to ask).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:20 am

thanks. that is helpful. i think we will go.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:36 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Recently returned from six nights (points redemption).

Good:
  • Concierge team was friendly and well informed;
  • Front desk staff were enthusiastic and efficient;
  • Clean rooms and public areas.
  • Spacious bathroom with separate shower.

Poor:
  • Housekeeping staff repeatedly (every day!) failed to replenish coffee and also (every day!) removed used mugs, wine and water glasses without replacement. Each day, the front desk fixed things quickly and promised to make sure it didn't happen again.
  • Housekeeping's response to "do not disturb" sign was unpredictable and on three occasions amounted to disturbing us: twice they phoned, once they knocked.

The executive lounge at breakfast time was more of a family lounge, although of course this might be different outside of the Christmas holiday period. Lots of people in shorts, some without shoes, many talking loudly and several apparently determined to exceed their recommended daily calory intake before 10:00. We didn't try it in the evenings.

A pleasant enough stay overall, but nothing to justify the Category 6 classification IMO.

Last edited by IMH; Mar 15, 2011 at 11:05 am Reason: sentence structure
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Significant improvement since last year

We were among those very critical of this property. Our first stay in 2009 had been delightful, but in 2010 it had gone just about from first to worst on our list of Hilton properties, as I outlined in this post. I wanted to post a quick update of our impressions for anybody heading for EZE.

We arrived here around 1:00 p.m. for a one-night stay. The hotel was full last night and no rooms were available yet. The clerk at the front desk gave us a voucher for a beverage at the lobby wine bar, she offered us showers in the fitness room (unneeded since we'd only flown from Iguazu), and of course we had lounge access.

When we asked the concierge if a room was available about an hour later, she checked and said the only one ready at that point was on the second floor. She offered us the choice and we took it. It seems fine. It's obviously closer to the street but so far traffic noise hasn't been an issue. It's a quick elevator ride to the eighth floor and the lounge.

This is our first look at the renovated lounge. It seems much improved and includes a computer area with four free computers available.

We dropped back in the evening for some wine and appetizers. The improvement is significant since our previous visit in March 2010. There was a good array of appetizers, including some tasty little scallops and an Asian quasi-stir fry concoction.

We'll try the breakfast in the morning. Frankly, I doubt it could be weaker than what we experienced last year, and I'm anticipating it will be better. If not, I'll certainly update this before we check out to board our cruise ship.

The general attitude of employees also seems to be more positive. After feeling really disappointed last year, we're back to feeling more enthused about this property and would look forward to returning. ^

Last edited by Fredd; Mar 15, 2011 at 4:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.