Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Staying here currently. A change I've noticed is that bathroom amenities are now generic instead of PeterThomasRoth: shampoo, cond, hand soap, lotion. Perhaps due to govt embargo on foreign products? Otherwise great staff as usual, EL is ok, upgraded to Exec Suite (again)
Jealous I love Buenos Aires and the Hilton is great too. Is your Exec Suite on the top floor or the EL level? I was lucky enough to get a upgrade to the top level, center, facing downtown, while the Olympic Committee was holding their meeting there last time- couldn't believe it! Haven't gotten a Suite upgrade, but only stayed there 2 times so far..
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hilton Buenos Aires

8th floor/EL level. Very handy! City view.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
Looking at potentially staying her in Sept. and wondering if this is a better deal to use points or book and pay in local currency due to the "blue dollar" exchange rate?
Old May 12, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Xelint
Looking at potentially staying her in Sept. and wondering if this is a better deal to use points or book and pay in local currency due to the "blue dollar" exchange rate?
Rates have been in $US for as long as I can remember, in order to avoid squirrelly exchanges for the collapsing, propped-up currency. Wonder if they'd even accept ARG peso cash?!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, TK Elite+ *G, ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum, LH MM
hy, i will be in BA on Oct. 25-27. As Diamond i will stay at the Hilton. is there a way from EZE to Hilton with train, subway, bus or only with taxi/limo ? What is the actual cost of a taxi (or Train, subway,bus)?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by SerocoOl
hy, i will be in BA on Oct. 25-27. As Diamond i will stay at the Hilton. is there a way from EZE to Hilton with train, subway, bus or only with taxi/limo ? What is the actual cost of a taxi (or Train, subway,bus)?
Could do bus, but I wouldn't. No trains. Take a licensed taxi. Hotel can arrange a driver to meet you as well, but it's pricey (~US$80 if I recall).
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
One of the few unpleasant things about going to Buenos Aires is the issue of getting back and forth from the airport. Viator.com (they're a Priceline company) is something you might try - much cheaper than a taxi or something arranged through a hotel. They are efficient and uncomplicated. You'll get into town without being stressed to start your trip.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Buenos-A...-5239EZEAPTHTL
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Sea Cat to

Has anyone tried this service, which is very close to the Hilton, to go to Colonia for a day trip?

Sea Cat - http://www.seacatcolonia.com/terminal-salida-arribo.php

I don't remember it being around the last time I was BA..
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
TiendaLeon http://www.tiendaleon.com/home/ has -- amongst other fairly-priced transport options -- a relatively cheap shared bus service. You can get the shared bus service to include the transfer to the hotel from a city center distribution point. Another option is to take the shared bus into the city and then catch a taxi to the hotel. It's a pretty cheap taxi ride from the TiendaLeon station. The joint-shared vehicles method using TiendaLeon will see a travel time of around 20 to 45 minutes more than if you took a taxi.

TiendaLeon has a hired car transfer service too that is well priced relative to taxis too: approximately $55 (US) at official exchange rate. The shared bus service will cost about a third of that, but your travel time will be somewhere around 30-70% more time than a taxi or a hired ("remis") car from TiendaLeon. Tiendaleon's hired car is cheaper by around a third than what Hilton provides -- both are very reliable IME.

I've had many stays at this hotel and taken various options, but the government-operated public buses and other public transport options are not a good option from EZE into town.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 16, 2014 at 3:52 pm
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Rates have been in $US for as long as I can remember, in order to avoid squirrelly exchanges for the collapsing, propped-up currency. Wonder if they'd even accept ARG peso cash?!
The last forex laws only require payment in foreign currency/international wire transfer/international credit or debit card, applying to foreign individuals, when buying airline/cruises tickets with a foreign to/from destination, land services provided in off-borders, and of course the ferry boat to Uruguay. If being a national, an income tax of 35% applies but can be applied to annual income tax filling.

Any other requesting payment in foreign currency is just taking advantage. So you can pay your hotel bill, taxi rides, restaurants and whatever shopping you do in pesos cash.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Has anyone tried this service, which is very close to the Hilton, to go to Colonia for a day trip?

Sea Cat - http://www.seacatcolonia.com/terminal-salida-arribo.php

I don't remember it being around the last time I was BA..
This is another option to Buquebus. The port is about the same distance as Buquebus. If thinking of going to Colonia which is just 45 minutes away, either will do. Price difference is not huge, but Buquebus has more options.

If Montevideo is the choice, then only Buquebus.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Very good stay here, upgraded the Exec level. Exec lounge breakfast was excellent, although the service/availability at other terms was hit and miss. 2 hours before closing there was only water or coffee available.

One slight annoyance was the organisation of getting a car to the airport, even asking the night before, the hotel had no cars available and were unwilling to book any kind of taxi. It's either their own (expensive) service or nothing...
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
[QUOTE=noubliepas;23749128]
One slight annoyance was the organisation of getting a car to the airport, even asking the night before, the hotel had no cars available and were unwilling to book any kind of taxi. It's either their own (expensive) service or nothing...[/QUOTE]

Not sure about "...or nothing..." I take one of the black and yellow taxis (in the rank out front) to the downtown terminal - a short ride - and the bus on to the airport. The reverse of my m.o. getting into town. All clean, efficient, and likely the cheapest.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind

Not sure about "...or nothing..." I take one of the black and yellow taxis (in the rank out front) to the downtown terminal - a short ride - and the bus on to the airport. The reverse of my m.o. getting into town. All clean, efficient, and likely the cheapest.
I get your point, but I don't expect any hotel at this level to refuse to call a cab other than their own executive service.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:54 pm

not sure why you would take the shuttle bus when a private car, not the one from the hotels, would cost about 40/50usd...

the hotel has "an agreement" with the car company they use...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.