Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by wantan

Conrad on the other hand is older but better appointed (hardware & software). It is still a smoking hotel and non-smoking floors do have a faint musk if that's a concern.
Thanks for the tip.

Could you/anyone elaborate on the smokiness degree/factor? I'm debating a stay between both properties, and originally I was leaning towards Conrad, but with the smoke (and Hilton's giving back Lounge privilege to Golds) that might be a deal breaker.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gourmand73
Thanks for the tip.

Could you/anyone elaborate on the smokiness degree/factor? I'm debating a stay between both properties, and originally I was leaning towards Conrad, but with the smoke (and Hilton's giving back Lounge privilege to Golds) that might be a deal breaker.
I haven't noticed any smokiness in public areas, nor on the floors I stay at in years.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I never once sensed there was/had been any smoking taking place at the CR. And I can't stand the smell. I wouldn't worry.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I am going with my wife and 14 month old baby and have been deciding between Conrad & hilton.?
I was there last month. The Conrad doesn't allow kids 12 years and younger in the executive lounge proper, but they ask you to go to a separate room. It's like getting your private lounge!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I haven't noticed any smokiness in public areas, nor on the floors I stay at in years.
Originally Posted by Abidjan
I never once sensed there was/had been any smoking taking place at the CR. And I can't stand the smell. I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the input guys! That makes me feel better. I have made reservations at the Conrad. Crossing fingers!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Have a great stay! I enjoyed every second.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:52 am

Good choice, it is a lovely hotel.

Cheers,

PedroNy
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YariGuy
I was there last month. The Conrad doesn't allow kids 12 years and younger in the executive lounge proper, but they ask you to go to a separate room. It's like getting your private lounge!
Thats great, going there next month with three kids...my understanding was that the lounge was off limits to under 12s, so its good to hear that they have an alternative. (to be fair, i dont think we will be spending much time in the lounge, i think they will rather be down by the pool!)
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:05 pm

Weekend in Singapore

I will be spending a fairly business-intense weekend in Singapore and am debating between Conrad and Hilton. I gather that there are pros and cons to each. However, I worry about the possibility that there will be a lot of children at Conrad, because I saw a suggestion that it is close to an entertainment center. I have not been to Singapore for at least 20 years, so I do not know current lay of land.

Any suggestions as to which will be better on a weekend for a business person?

If it matters, I am a Diamond.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
What time of year?

I was at the Conrad in January. While there were a few children (I might have seen 5 or so), they all seemed well behaved. The rooms seemed fairly soundproof.

There are very healthy threads on both properties here in the HHonors forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...apore-sgp.html

Discussion of HHonors properties in Singapore:
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:59 pm

Thanks for the links.

The stay will be in March. I know that's a long way off, but I need to nail matters down now.

My concern about the Conrad --- on a weekend, please remember -- is that the CCS is apparently near a number of family-friendly tourist attractions (e.g., Sentosa and Singapore Flyer) and I feared that on a weekend there might be lots of children.

I gather that the major tourist attraction of the Hilton is "merely" Orchard Road shopping.

As I say, this is a business visit. Thus, I would like a reasonably sedate property.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I'm currently at Hilton Singapore and I'm kinda disappointed. Last stay here was 3 months ago with CCS stays in between.

For Hilton, no more macaroons, sweets and fruits available in room. Shower amenities shrank in size by 50%. If you're worried about kids, avoid Hilton. Lots of families with wild kids. Kids were running around in the restaurant, cutting queues and worst of all, they'll put the food back into the buffet after putting it in their plate(with some even mixing it with other food before scooping the mess back into the buffet).

I can hear kids yelling, screaming and singing at the top of their lungs in the middle of the night.

I don't blame the hotel for their wild guests, only the parents for not exerting positive control over their monkeys. But I didn't expect the walls to be super thin.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by observer
Thanks for the links.

The stay will be in March. I know that's a long way off, but I need to nail matters down now.

My concern about the Conrad --- on a weekend, please remember -- is that the CCS is apparently near a number of family-friendly tourist attractions (e.g., Sentosa and Singapore Flyer) and I feared that on a weekend there might be lots of children.

I gather that the major tourist attraction of the Hilton is "merely" Orchard Road shopping.

As I say, this is a business visit. Thus, I would like a reasonably sedate property.
The Conrad is in the downtown district. Yes, there is shopping and it is technically closer to Sentosa, etc, I think it will be much quieter and have less kids than the Hilton Singapore. Hilton Singapore is near Orchard road which has all the shopping, etc and is an easy ride to the attractions. If you want quieter I would recommend the Conrad. Though I do remember once about 12 years ago there was a huge thing nearby with loud music in the downtown district, but that was only once in about 6 stays there. I have to qualify this that I stayed there 6 times between 1998 and 2008, so has been a while. Hopefully someone can say if things have changed since then.

Last edited by Baze; Jun 13, 2015 at 9:16 pm Reason: Fixed typos, phone keyboard too small.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by RCTP
I'm currently at Hilton Singapore and I'm kinda disappointed.

I don't blame the hotel for their wild guests, only the parents for not exerting positive control over their monkeys. But I didn't expect the walls to be super thin.
Thanks very much for input.

In an earlier post this month you wrote that "The [Hilton] rooms are indeed a lot better than CCS."

So, all else being equal, and assuming equal numbers of unruly children, which hotel would you prefer? Is one EL much better than the other for breakfast?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by observer
I will be spending a fairly business-intense weekend in Singapore and am debating between Conrad and Hilton. I gather that there are pros and cons to each. However, I worry about the possibility that there will be a lot of children at Conrad, because I saw a suggestion that it is close to an entertainment center. I have not been to Singapore for at least 20 years, so I do not know current lay of land.

Any suggestions as to which will be better on a weekend for a business person?

If it matters, I am a Diamond.
Staying at the Conrad will likely provide you better "face" status with business people and be both more comfortable and accommodating for business purposes, IMO. You'll likely be closer to business venues here than at the Hilton, which is more of a place for those on holiday or here for nightlife or shopping.

I'd expect fewer children at the Contad, and children under twelve are entirely banned from the main Executive Lounge.

And for breakfast, you can not beat the Conrad's amazing restaurant buffet breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.