Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Wow thanks for the itinerary! I think that is exactly what we will do. I'm assuming we take a cab from Conrad to Singapore flyer?

And any reason why one would pay 250SGD instead of points? higher valuation of Hilton points(I have so many points in so many programs I need to burn them...)?

EDIT:NVM, looks like it's a 10 min walk to the singapore flyer!! wow
Walking from Conrad along Temasek Blvd and then Raffles Blvd to Singapore Flyer is less than half a mile.

YOU CAN can walk from Singapore Flyer to MBS via the Helix bridge ( the little curved road in Google Maps) beside Bayfront Ave and continue in a clockwise direction to visit Fullerton Bay and One Fullerton. Then visit the Merlion and then cross the Esplanade Dr Bridge to visit The Esplanade and back to the Conrad.

Helix Bridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Helix_Bridge
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, LH SEN, CZ G, QR G, CX G, BA EC, HH D, MR S, SPG G, IC A
Originally Posted by SKYEG
[...]

And any reason why one would pay 250SGD instead of points? higher valuation of Hilton points(I have so many points in so many programs I need to burn them...)?

[...]
The Conrad in SIN is relatively affordable when compared to the Conrad properties in HKG and NRT for example. I would consider burning points there. But if your travels do not take you to places where you get more for your points, then the Conrad in SIN is as good a place to burn them as any.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
I would like to know if anyone has recently logged a stay at either of these properties and can attest to the OPs claims. I will have 3 days in Singapore this coming July, and would like some guidance in choosing a property. Price is equivalent in both paid and award rates, but I'm not sure if the Conrad location is as good as the Hilton.
Thanks,
Timmy83
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Conrad by a mile - was there in November and the service was as fantastic as ever.

Although I used the lounge for breakfast, I seem to remember being offered the option of the restaurant instead which has a fantastic buffet selection.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Just read the Conrad Singapore forum, many many people compare both properties there. Conrad is far better at every level.

Diamonds get choice for breakfast, lounge or buffet. Buffet is good, but also good at Hilton.....

Last edited by shawntobi; Feb 7, 2013 at 9:04 am
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Agree with the above, the Conrad is excellent
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by thegoderic
Although I used the lounge for breakfast, I seem to remember being offered the option of the restaurant instead which has a fantastic buffet selection.
Last year we stayed a couple of times at the Conrad and we were also allowed to have b/fast at the restaurant.
We went down in the 1st stay and it was really fabulous, they even have ice-cream.
In the 2nd stay it was too busy and we went to the lounge.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Fully agree with the above posters. Conrad beats Hilton, hands down. And the breakfast downstairs is truly incredible - worth a visit just for that, in my opinion! ^
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
Conrad!

In September returned to the Hilton due to it's convenient location on Orchard Road (very short stay for shopping) and to see if one bad experience had probably triggered some kind of prejudice.
But this confirmed my verdict: Conrad is in a different league, much better!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by PaxCGN
In September returned to the Hilton due to it's convenient location on Orchard Road (very short stay for shopping) and to see if one bad experience had probably triggered some kind of prejudice.
But this confirmed my verdict: Conrad is in a different league, much better!
Well said. Location was my biggest concern about the Conrad, but it appears it just wins from every other angle.

My stay has been booked! Thank you all!
Old May 28, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: Royal Orchid Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold, St. Regis Astor Card, Hyatt Gold Passport
Newbie: Hilton or Conrad Singapore. Need Advices

Hi, I'm a new HHonors Gold and just new to this forum. I've been reading all the threads about the Hilton properties in Singapore while planning to book for family holidays on Aug. 3 - 6 this year. Looks like I'll need you guys help on a few doubts:

1. Mom, dad and I, at first, were going to book a deluxe room at the Hilton using Great Getaway package, but if I'm not mistaken this package hasn't included breakfast, not to mention an extra bed yet, and that means either one of us has to buy breakfast and extra bed, right? While looking at Conrad, 3 people can fit in a room with a little extra payment with all entitled to brakfast. In both cases, if I opt for a room without bf included and get upgraded, will the other left out one (not entitled to HHonors rules) get bf as well?

2. Why does the rate per night at Hilton remain stable (S$264) while at Conrad change during the stay? (S$276 - S$318 - S$318) Does this have something to do with the brand or location or something?

3. At what type of room will I be entitled to the comp. upgrade, if I book the cheapest rate room, keeping in mind about the availability. And if so, would it last for an entire stay or only on day-to-day basis? Would there be additional expenses we have to cover at checkout?

I'm sorry for asking long questions but I see all of you here are hotel masters and think your advices could assist me big time. I also want to make it a special trip since this is my mom's first time in Singapore. Thank you all.
Old May 28, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I don't like the Hilton. I love the Conrad. Think about the location, though. They are in very different places. The Hilton is along Orchard Road where the shopping is. The Conrad is a bit isolated out by the convention center.

Upgrades are hit and miss. I've always been upgraded at the Conrad, once at the Hilton. Generally I can talk the Conrad into giving me lounge access, but not the Hilton.

IIRC, Golds are entitled to one breakfast plus one for a guest. You will have to pay for a second guest. I'm not sure about getting a third breakfast at the Conrad with an extra bed.

I've gotten upgraded on the cheapest room. It depends on availability.

I don't have the answers to all your questions. These are based on my experiences at both hotels.
Old May 28, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Reviews and comparisons can be found in these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...+conrad+hilton
Old May 28, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Skip the hilton and go for the Conrad.

Much better service and location for sight-seeing / family holiday - near to Singapore Flyer / Esplanade / MBS / F1 pit / Gardens by the Bay.

As per new policy - cheapest room will only get you upgrade to Business room, and your HH Gold will only get you 2 free B, NO lounge access.

However, for 3 adults with no additional bedding, the King Bed will be tight squeeze. Best to request for additional bedding.

You may want to book the Business room and get upgrade to executive => lounge access, and maybe you can get free BF in the lounge for all 3pax. Best to email them and ask them - [email protected]

On a interesting note, the area outside Hilton looks like a high-class patpong at night.

Enjoy your holiday in SIN.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
First timer to SIN and thinking of staying in one of these properties end of this month as HH Gold.

As on a midnight flight back home and likely going to book a AAA-rate room in a Classic room (Conrad) or Deluxe (Hilton), where is an upgrade with access to lounge more likely and most important, which hotel would give out late check-out (4pm or 6pm)?

Not really into shopping but rather smart city sightseeing and smart local (street/hawker) food, which one could be our preferred choice?

Thanks for your advice. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.