Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
sounds like the Conrad is the place for us ; We arent into $$$ shopping but would like access to the famous hawker stalls and sights.....A walk to the raffles would be nice..
Needless to say, we leave the next day for KL anyways.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Which hotel to stay in Singapore?

Which is the better hotel to stay in:

Hilton on Orchard Road or Conrad??

Im using points + cash so no price difference, but I need the hotel to have easy public transport access to the airport and be near the main tourist attractions.
Which one is better for location/quality?

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help
Old Jun 15, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CX828

Im using points + cash so no price difference, but I need the hotel to have easy public transport access to the airport and be near the main tourist attractions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help
Thought: read the many threads comparing and contrasting these hotels:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Singapore
Hilton property in Singapore
Hilton Singapore hotel versus Conrad Centennial Singapore
Which Hilton Is Better in Singapore?
and many more, easily found with search.

Among the Flyertalk Rules and Guidelines you will find this:
"Before starting a thread, use the search feature to see if there's a recent thread on your topic. Many questions come up repeatedly on FlyerTalk. If you're wondering about a specific Hilton property in Chicago, for example, there's a good chance a thread - or 10 - already exists. The search link is located in the navigation menu near the top of the Forums page. Keeping information on the same topic confined to as few threads as possible helps members quickly find the information they need."
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
My apologise, for starting the thread, i should have paid more attention. Thank you for pointing me in the direction.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by CX828

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help
To quickly answer the question, both the Hilton and the Conrad are very near the MRT stations. Hilton is about a 10 min walk from the Orchard MRT.

Conrad is located within a 5 minute walk from the Promenade MRT (which is much less busy than the Orchard MRT).
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by warreng24
Conrad is located within a 5 minute walk from the Promenade MRT (which is much less busy than the Orchard MRT).
I would say Conrad is a 2-minute walk to the Promenade MRT station, and mostly under shelter in case it is raining. The orange line that runs past the Conrad is new (a year or two old, so the older reviews are outdated), but the line seems to run through/near all the major tourist attractions.

However, Orchard Road in a destination in itself, and the Hilton is generally in a more exciting location if you want the city 'buzz' and high-end shopping. The Conrad area is a little quieter, the only thing in the immediate area is a shopping mall and office complex (Suntec).

We just got back from the Conrad, and we will stay there next time we're in SIN.

Last edited by janetdoe; Jun 15, 2012 at 9:25 pm
Old Jun 15, 2012, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many rave about the Conrad, its lounge, and its treatment of HHonors elites. It would generally be considered a better hotel.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I recently stayed in the Conrad. Loved it.

Haven't stayed at the Hilton so can't compare.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
I have stayed at both multiple times. I just left the Conrad, it is by far the better choice.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
We have just stayed at the Hilton for 2 reasons-mrsdrron is a shopaholic and Iggys is now in the Hilton-Iggys is rated 28 in the world on the 100 best restaurants list.We love it.
Also the lounge seems to have improved with a better selection of evening canapes.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:53 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I agree with the opinions on the Conrad - stayed there last month and thought it was great.
I must have had the older reviews in mind with regard to proximity to the MRT. I arrived on the train expecting a 10 minute walk, came out of the station, turned the corner and saw the Conrad right in front of me.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:23 am

Not sure why people would rave about the Conrad Lounge in Sin unless they have not tried some of the other lounges, or I was there on an off week.

The lounge is quite small and frequently rather full. The canapes were ok but both the fullerton and fairmont offer a larger selection. The champagne was only Chandon (again, could just have been whilst I was there), compared with Moet in the Fullerton and Moet/Veuve in the Fairmont. Afternoon tea was very nice, and something I think the other two hotels do not offer.

Service was good in the hotel itself but there were not enough staff in the lounge and our glasses were empty for longer than normal. Breakfast by the pool was very nice but breakfast in the main restaurant again suffered from lack of staff and was very noisy.

As for MRT access, the circle line is pretty useless. The conrad is a 10 min walk from City Hall station which is much more useful and the walk is mostly airconditioned as you can go underground. The circle line is not yet a full circle so can take quite a while to get to the main tourist destinations.
I have only ever stayed in the Conrad Singapore once, last week for 4 nights, but do not think I will be returning any time soon, even though I have HH Diamond. Will give the Hilton a shot one day if the Fullerton and Fairmont are markedly more expensive options.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Cynicor,

It must have been an off week.

I disagree that the lounge is 'quite small'. There are two rooms, perhaps you didn't see the other room? I can't comment on the champagne but I'm sure that some like the Chandon more than the Moet, it's a personal matter of taste.

The circle line being useless is entirely a matter of where you need to go, isn't it?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Happy to be the outlier...I have stayed at both properties and actually prefer the Hilton on Orchard. Exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable staff, one of the best concierge services I have found in Singapore, lounge is fairly decent, rooms were very nice. The walk to the MRT station isn't bad at all.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Materdei
Cynicor,

It must have been an off week.

I disagree that the lounge is 'quite small'. There are two rooms, perhaps you didn't see the other room? I can't comment on the champagne but I'm sure that some like the Chandon more than the Moet, it's a personal matter of taste.

The circle line being useless is entirely a matter of where you need to go, isn't it?
I saw both rooms, the second room only has a few tables. My comparison is relative to the occupancy of the lounge, but I feel the Fairmont and Fullerton have much more space for the number of people there.

Chandon is just a cheaper champagne. Sure some people may prefer it, but when other hotels serve Moet or Veuve it's not quite in the same league. It's like serving JW red and saying people might prefer it to black. Or a single malt...

The circle line, sure, it's maybe better than useless but I prefer City Hall for minimising then number of line changes required.

Horses for courses, but I just think that it's not always quite as great as some of the comments on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.