Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by puchong
For an early November stay (1-8 Nov) I was looking for hotels in Singapore and could find only one (the old Hilton on Orchard Road) for either love (points) or money - every other Hilton property including the Conrad, claims to be sold out. What is going on?

Hi,

The other hilton brand hotels ( HGI & Conrad) are being used as quarantine hotels ( SHN iirc)
The Conrad was mentioned as continuing to be a SHN hotel until March 2022

Details here

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
Regards
TBS

The new Hilton will be open in March IIRC ( website says 1 April) with the current hillton switcihng brands in Q1 2022

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 14, 2021 at 11:40 am
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:31 pm

Thanks for the clarification, T_B_S. However, I wonder how many people are being quarantined every day in Singapore when Hilton alone has the Conrad + HGI (I would guess 450-500 rooms together) + other chains (e.g Marriott has the Sheraton, Marriott Tang Plaza, Courtyard & Four Points plus a few others - at least 1,250 rooms per night) on a permanent "Sold Out" block)? Presume the same applies to other chains with a significant footprint in SIN. So how many people are they quarantining every day?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Thanks for the clarification, T_B_S. However, I wonder how many people are being quarantined every day in Singapore when Hilton alone has the Conrad + HGI (I would guess 450-500 rooms together) + other chains (e.g Marriott has the Sheraton, Marriott Tang Plaza, Courtyard & Four Points plus a few others - at least 1,250 rooms per night) on a permanent "Sold Out" block)? Presume the same applies to other chains with a significant footprint in SIN. So how many people are they quarantining every day?
Probably not that many as you suggest, however at the same time business and tourist traffic to SIN is virtually zero at the moment, so from the hotel's perspective a little revenue from the govt's quarantine program is better than no revenue otherwise.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Probably not that many as you suggest, however at the same time business and tourist traffic to SIN is virtually zero at the moment, so from the hotel's perspective a little revenue from the govt's quarantine program is better than no revenue otherwise.
However Singapore is opening up with its Vaccinated Traveller Lanes (Germany has been open since last month and US/Canada are due to start later this month); SQ is bringing back its A380 flights. So where wll all these passengers stay? I discovered since posting my message yesterday that apart from the Hilton & Marriott chains, even the IHG properties are all blocked. What on earth is going on?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Hilton
However Singapore is opening up with its Vaccinated Traveller Lanes (Germany has been open since last month and US/Canada are due to start later this month); SQ is bringing back its A380 flights. So where wll all these passengers stay? I discovered since posting my message yesterday that apart from the Hilton & Marriott chains, even the IHG properties are all blocked. What on earth is going on?
Many hotels are used by the government as quarantine facilities for incoming travelers from non-VTL destinations. This includes ones from Hilton, Marriott and IHG.

There are still a few nice ones left though rates are already back to pre covid levels due to the demand from locals.

Might wanna try kempinski which is pretty new and centrally located.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Decisions decisions.. Conrad or Hilton Orchard for a 5 night reward stay?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Schwann

hi

I have not stayed at the new reflagged hilton on orchard ( stayed at the old Hilton which has now left) but stayed at the conrad and loved it. Lounge was excellent.

the conrad is handy for the marina area and gardens by the bay with some rooms having nice marina views.
hilton orchard would be handier for orchard Road shopping and the botanical Gardens etc.

Regards

Tbs
Might head back later in the year if I can get a reasonable price
Schwann likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 16, 2022 at 11:38 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

I have not stayed at the new reflagged hilton on orchard ( stayed at the old Hilton which has now left) but stayed at the conrad and loved it. Lounge was excellent.

the conrad is handy for the marina area and gardens by the bay with some rooms having nice marina views.
hilton orchard would be handier for orchard Road shopping and the botanical Gardens etc.

Regards

Tbs
I don't even think the Orchard is open yet. Debating taking one for the team!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

Regards

Tbs
Might head back later in the year if I can get a reasonable price
They have pretty robust public and private transportation systems in Singapore , so I would look at the amenities, price etc. differences once the new hotel opens, rather the location per se.
The _Banking_Scot and Schwann like this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Probably a stupid question but is there a reason why 2 Conrads in Singers, rather than say a Curio or even Waldorf?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by dannybhoy
Probably a stupid question but is there a reason why 2 Conrads in Singers, rather than say a Curio or even Waldorf?
1.They belong to same owner
2.Curio is a soft brand - maybe the owner did not like that
3. Waldorf is the ultimate luxury brand of Hilton - maybe the old Regent does not reach that level, or the owner did not want to spend enough money to renovate it to Waldorf-level.

Regards,
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by billabong
1.They belong to same owner
2.Curio is a soft brand - maybe the owner did not like that
3. Waldorf is the ultimate luxury brand of Hilton - maybe the old Regent does not reach that level, or the owner did not want to spend enough money to renovate it to Waldorf-level.

Regards,
What does it mean "soft brand"?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Luger
What does it mean "soft brand"?
A soft brand is an affiliation between an independent hotel and a hotel chain which can provide hotel operators with lower costs and added flexibility when compared with traditional franchise agreements. The arrangement allows independent hotels to retain their existing branding and identity while benefiting from the chain’s marketing and distribution resources as well as other potential economies of scale.

https://str.com/resourcesglossary/so...e%20agreements.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
I dont think its a stupid question at all! I wondered exactly the same thing. I'm really looking forward to seeing some FT reviews in the near future. For me Asian Conrads are (in general) quite simply wonderful hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.