Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
20,000 points for a Singapore property is very good value. It is a nice alternative to the posh and very expensive Conrad (I have never stayed at the Hilton due its location).
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:34 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
We just returned from a trip that included 4 nights in Singapore. We had just missed a window where HGI was offering a room for 10K points - and they raised it to 20K points. However, there was a flash sale with advance purchase for $75/night which we booked.
I would highly recommend it. No lounge though. But food is cheap in Little India and at hawker centers. It is not a luxury hotel, but will find it acceptable. It was also refurished in the last year.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kt85
5 nights is too long in Singapore. 3 nights is more than sufficient.
I'm not sure I'd agree that you've done everything that can possibly be done in a city of ~6 million people in three nights, but tastes vary I suppose.

Originally Posted by jxd
Wouldn't suggest the HGI if you'e using points. Cash is a better option.

I would go for the Conrad over hilton if using points. Newly refurbed as well.
On a five night trip, 80k points (fifth night free) at .5 US cpp estimated value (which I think is fairly reasonable for Hilton points) is $400 USD. $80 a night (especially considering the ++) for a good midrange hotel in Singapore is very good value IMO. Far better than paying 3x that (so $1200USD/$240 a night in points value). You have a lot more good Singapore hotel properties at $240 USD a night than $80 USD a night for sure.

I'd be willing to bet that that HGI will be bumped up from 20k to 30k a night at some point (it's already been bumped up from 10k). The HIX I stayed at in Singapore in 2014 for 20k (HIX Clarke Quay, so a midrange non-full service chain similar to HGI) is now a 30k a night property. I thought it to be pretty good value at 20k IHG. 30k not as much (but IHG devalues their points pretty fast much like Hilton).
WickedStepMother likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 6, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:37 am
jxd

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I'm not sure I'd agree that you've done everything that can possibly be done in a city of ~6 million people in three nights, but tastes vary I suppose.

On a five night trip, 80k points (fifth night free) at .5 US cpp estimated value (which I think is fairly reasonable for Hilton points) is $400 USD. $80 a night (especially considering the ++) for a good midrange hotel in Singapore is very good value IMO. Far better than paying 3x that (so $1200USD/$240 a night in points value). You have a lot more good Singapore hotel properties at $240 USD a night than $80 USD a night for sure.

I'd be willing to bet that that HGI will be bumped up from 20k to 30k a night at some point (it's already been bumped up from 10k). The HIX I stayed at in Singapore in 2014 for 20k (HIX Clarke Quay, so a midrange non-full service chain similar to HGI) is now a 30k a night property. I thought it to be pretty good value at 20k IHG. 30k not as much (but IHG devalues their points pretty fast much like Hilton).
I would pay cash if it were $80/night. Just my 2c.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jxd
I would pay cash if it were $80/night. Just my 2c.
I am not saying you are paying $80 USD a night cash. I am saying at a valuation of .5 cpp, 16,000 points per night is the EQUIVALENT of paying $80 USD. The cash rates I am seeing for the HGI are closer to $120++ USD a night. Using points for a 1/3rd discount instead of cash is a no-brainer for me. Perhaps you have different uses for them.

Most of the hotels I have seen for an $80 USD range in Singapore are typically in Geylang and are not quite up to HGI brand standards.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
I will be travelling with a 8 year old daughter and wife. How far of a walk is it from conrad to MRT? I know the hilton on orchard is very close by so I was thinking to stay there but by the comments I am a little bit put off?

Also is the EL accessible by children? And how is the pool at both properties?

My plan in singapore will be night safari, lego land (johor), universal studio, some shopping, marina bay and eating and relaxing And as much air cond as possible
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by k3nnis
I will be travelling with a 8 year old daughter and wife. How far of a walk is it from conrad to MRT? I know the hilton on orchard is very close by so I was thinking to stay there but by the comments I am a little bit put off?
Also is the EL accessible by children? And how is the pool at both properties?
My plan in singapore will be night safari, lego land (johor), universal studio, some shopping, marina bay and eating and relaxing And as much air cond as possible
Conrad is very close to Esplanade MTR, mostly undercover.
Pool is decent with view of the Singapore Flyer. Hilton pool is on rooftop and a little smaller (being an older hotel)

Pretty sure ive seen kids in the EL before. Note that from other reports it appears the EL is split in two, with paying guests going to a renovated Club Lounge on Lev 31 and Diamonds/ upgraded Golds to another Exec Lounge on Lev 4
Some of the regulars aren't happy - Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

If going to Johor Bahru for Legoland, I'd recommend a night or two at the Doubletree Johor Bahru, newish property and substantially cheaper. Quite close to a few malls as well. Has a nice pool, although doesn't get a massive amount of sun and a pretty good EL
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by moa999
Conrad is very close to Esplanade MTR, mostly undercover.
Pool is decent with view of the Singapore Flyer. Hilton pool is on rooftop and a little smaller (being an older hotel)

Pretty sure ive seen kids in the EL before. Note that from other reports it appears the EL is split in two, with paying guests going to a renovated Club Lounge on Lev 31 and Diamonds/ upgraded Golds to another Exec Lounge on Lev 4
Some of the regulars aren't happy - Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

If going to Johor Bahru for Legoland, I'd recommend a night or two at the Doubletree Johor Bahru, newish property and substantially cheaper. Quite close to a few malls as well. Has a nice pool, although doesn't get a massive amount of sun and a pretty good EL
Thanks moa. So the Conrad is convenient? No need to go to orchard hilton? We also want to go to the malls at orchard. I guess it's only a couple of MRT stops away from promenade? Also want to go to bugis

I was thinking only the dry legoland park, so same day trip, won't be staying over at johor. Do I just hire a limo that takes us from SIN to legoland?

Also will be in SIN for 8 nights. I will be using the 4 nights redemption and 5th night free using HH Gold status.

So the other 3 nights would be paid nights so don't want to spend too much. maybe around USD 200/night

Was thinking pay for the first 3 nights and then the last 5 will be redemption. For the dates I am looking at it's hilton, conrad and sheraton towers about the same price for the paid 3 nights for the dates I am looking at, then will either redeem 5 nights at hilton or conrad. This is from 26th dec - 3rd jan checkout

Cheers,
K.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why would you spent 8 nights in SIN? Way too much time IMO. 2-4 nights will do. Spend the rest of your time in KL
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:16 pm

My wife needs to do some stuff at the bank and the time we are going is Christmas period so need to allow a few working days in case there are delays.

also we can’t to take it easy
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why would you spent 8 nights in SIN? Way too much time IMO. 2-4 nights will do. Spend the rest of your time in KL
This type of comment is not uncommon, however there are plenty of things to do and sights to see in Singapore that can easily consume a full week (or even double that). There are of course a large number of other attractions in the region only a short flight away and so one must budget and prioritize one's time accordingly, however I'd hate anyone to feel that a longer stay in Singapore were simply waste.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We will have 3 nights in Singapore in March 2020. Two adults two teenagers. Right now have two standard award rooms booked at the HGI.

We've never been to Singapore and just plan to check out the city, popular sights, etc. No real itinerary yet. It appears that the HGI, Conrad, and Hilton are all generally in the same part of town with the Doubletree a bit outside the city.

Is there any real compelling reason to book Conrad over HGI? It's about 2x the points, although I have what feels like a bottomless pit of points. We are Diamond and would use the lounge assuming it permits teenagers, but we plan to spend most time outside in the city so location and ease of getting around is a bigger driver than the afternoon/evening lounge offerings.

The Hilton is more points than the Conrad so there doesn't appear to be a good reason to choose it.

The DT is very inexpensive but I'd rather not spend tons of extra time getting to/from the hotel each day from whatever we decide to do in the city.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Compelling reason? Not really, but if you can afford it, double the points/cash doesn't seem out of order.

I'd definitely ignore the Hilton given the rates for your dates.

Conrad is definitely more in the heart of the action for tourism, has the lounge, and will be that bit nicer in terms of rooms, space, location, and views.

So there is definitely value in the extra spend. If you already struggle to spend your points, I can't see why you wouldn't splash out but that is a decision only you can make. That said, the HGI is very convenient for the MRT and even Grab taxis, so the location is perfectly fine to explore from and Little India is worth a short visit in itself.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
We will have 3 nights in Singapore in March 2020. Two adults two teenagers. Right now have two standard award rooms booked at the HGI.

We've never been to Singapore and just plan to check out the city, popular sights, etc. No real itinerary yet. It appears that the HGI, Conrad, and Hilton are all generally in the same part of town with the Doubletree a bit outside the city.

Is there any real compelling reason to book Conrad over HGI? It's about 2x the points, although I have what feels like a bottomless pit of points. We are Diamond and would use the lounge assuming it permits teenagers, but we plan to spend most time outside in the city so location and ease of getting around is a bigger driver than the afternoon/evening lounge offerings.

The Hilton is more points than the Conrad so there doesn't appear to be a good reason to choose it.

The DT is very inexpensive but I'd rather not spend tons of extra time getting to/from the hotel each day from whatever we decide to do in the city.
The DoubleTree is actually in Malaysia, although very close to Singapore. DT is a good hotel but If you plan to visit the city I would choose between HGI and Conrad based on how important is for you breakfast and lounge.
Conrad breakfast is of course better and you have Lounge. Location is good for both. Conrad is closer to Marina Bay area while HGI is in little lindia area, public transport it is very good.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:16 am

Only ONE hotel in Singapore

For an early November stay (1-8 Nov) I was looking for hotels in Singapore and could find only one (the old Hilton on Orchard Road) for either love (points) or money - every other Hilton property including the Conrad, claims to be sold out. What is going on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.