Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by SFOFlyer2
thanks.. When you say "was" is it not the case anymore?
I meant was as in I "was" there in April.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
I've stayed in both during visits to Singapore. I much prefer the Conrad over the Hilton as I'm not a huge fan of battling the crowds on Orchard Road. I'll be in Singapore again in September and will be at the Conrad.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mnbp
I didn't like Hilton Singapore last time I was there - lobby felt like a cheap shopping mall.
Is it still prostitute central outside of the Hilton Singapore in the evenings?

I prefer the Conrad by a wide margin.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Conrad is a great location from which to explore; walking distance to Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, the Quays plus other sights, and great transport connections elsewhere. Loads of restaurants close by as mentioned, plus the huge variety of food courts at Suntec City Mall and the upmarket outdoor hawker style centre of Gluttons Bay. It's also by far the better hotel.

In relative terms the Hilton has very little going for it in my opinion.

P.S. I'm living temporarily in Singapore, and live not too far from the Hilton and work very close to the Conrad, so know both areas quite well.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
Conrad is a great location from which to explore; walking distance to Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, the Quays plus other sights, and great transport connections elsewhere. Loads of restaurants close by as mentioned, plus the huge variety of food courts at Suntec City Mall and the upmarket outdoor hawker style centre of Gluttons Bay. It's also by far the better hotel.

In relative terms the Hilton has very little going for it in my opinion.

P.S. I'm living temporarily in Singapore, and live not too far from the Hilton and work very close to the Conrad, so know both areas quite well.
+1

The Hilton property, although it has been updated, is hindered by the shackles of its intrinsically dated infrastructure design originating in the late 60's. It actually reminds me very much of the Marriott Key Bridge in Arlington. The lobby shopping concourse does little to create a positive first impression. Staff are solicitous and helpful, if not quite as professional or sophisticated as that of the Conrad. The Executive Lounge is quite a bit below the Conrad in terms of offerings and panache. F & B outlets at the Conrad are also markedly superior, JMHO.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Originally Posted by SFOFlyer2
Planning a 6 day trip to Singapore for Leisure have lots of Hilton points to burn any recommendations on which hotel to pick?
forgot to mention traveling around Christmas & New Years
Just read on the Conrad website that they are doing an extensive refurb from June 2017 to January 2018.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:03 am

Another one for Conrad. Hilton looks run down frankly.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AA 2MM EXPL, DL 2MM GLD, Hilton DMD, Starwood GLD, Marriott
Has anyone been there during the renovation? I am concerned that it will be messy. I will be there for five nights in mid October. Thanks for any thoughts....
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
They do renovatiuons very well in Singapore; I was at Swissotel during its extensive renovation, they do 10 floors at a time and it really doesn't affect the rest of the hotel. Even noise is well contained (they have things like sound insulated tarps -- quite a bit more sophisticated than in the US). Imagine the Conrad will be similar quality and wouldn't worry about the impact.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Just returned from the Conrad, and provided with a newly renovated room. Compared to the Hilton, I find the Conrad much better, and if you're planning to stay for NYE, you might even catch the fireworks from their Executive Lounge.

Conrad is in a much modern area but a bit quieter during the weekends. Hilton is nearer to the malls. Both are walking distance to the subways but there are more subway lines around the Conrad for better accessibility.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:29 pm

No "standard" rooms to use free night certificate at Singapore Conrad or Hilton

I'm trying to use my free weekend night certificates at either the Singapore Conrad or the Singapore Hilton. I've looked at a ton of different dates, and the lowest priced room is always referred to as a "deluxe" room. As such, when I called Hilton, they told me I could not use my certificates at either of these properties since they did not list any room as "standard." It doesn't seem fair to me that a property can just title their lowest class of room a "deluxe" and then refuse to accept a certificate.

I do not believe there is a standard room available for either of these properties for ANY date. Am I out of luck?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
lol the "Deluxe" room is the "standard" room at both of these properties. You just need to find a competent agent.

btw, you can check availability by searching for an award stay on the Hilton website. If it shows a "Standard Room Reward" as available, you should be good to use your cert.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hilton Gold Continental Breakfast at Singapore properties

Hi All,

If you're a hilton gold member, do they provide free continental breakfast for a party of 3?

i.e. me and my wife and my 7 year old daughter? If not what will be the charges?

This will be for Singapore Hilton or Singapore Conrad.

Thanks,
K.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Hi All,

If you're a hilton gold member, do they provide free continental breakfast for a party of 3?

i.e. me and my wife and my 7 year old daughter? If not what will be the charges?

This will be for Singapore Hilton or Singapore Conrad.

Thanks,
K.
We stayed over Christmas in the Conrad Singapore as Gold members with 2 kids, aged 4 and 7. A full breakfast (not just continental) was given to all of us, without charge.
ConsultanSea likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:06 am

IME almost all properties have extended it to the rest of my party (usually a second room of 2 for 4 people total) as a courtesy beyond the stated benefit of the member +1. You should ask the front desk if they are willing to extend it to you. If they don't extend it to the third person, the price will be whatever the restaurant charges for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.