Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:46 am
jxd

Originally Posted by lcpteck
There are no CCs in SIN that earns HHonors points directly (not even other hotel chains in general).

The only 2 Cards that I know of that can transfer points to HHonors are Amex cards directly from Amex Singapore or Citibank PremierMiles Cards.

For Amex Singapore Cards:
1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,250 Hilton HHonors Points

For Citibank PremierMiles Cards:
1 Citi Mile = 1.5 Hilton HHonors points
Thanks! It's hard to accumulate hotel points and airline miles in singapore!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jxd
Yeah we're too small of a market to attract them.

Ironically we are the biggest spender on food in Asia Pacific. They should come out with some restaurant loyalty program in the region.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Went to Hilton Singapore recently. The renovated executive lounge is huge with 3 types of seating. The evening service beats Conrad for sure with a good canape selection.

I have another stay coming up, shall see if I get upgraded again to the executive floor. The lounge seats probably 80-90 people.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Update:

I just stayed at the Hilton Singapore again over the last weekend and wanted to share my latest review. I really enjoyed the Executive Lounge for its space and quiet. Overall a great stay and will definitely stay there again.

Full Review: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...pore-revisited

Last edited by markcwj; May 4, 2014 at 9:12 pm
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by jxd
Hi jxd, if you're interested in earning approximately 19 HHonors Points per SGD$1, please check out my blog. You just need to spend $1,500 over 3 months (only $500 a month).
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: SQ Solitaire, HH Diamond, Shangrila Golden Circle Diamond, Leaders Club (LHW)
Originally Posted by markcwj
Hi jxd, if you're interested in earning approximately 19 HHonors Points per SGD$1, please check out my blog. You just need to spend $1,500 over 3 months (only $500 a month).
Poor conversion rate. Better to convert to air miles.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by kynd
Poor conversion rate. Better to convert to air miles.
How's earning 30,000 HHonors Points for spending $1,500 poor?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm looking for some advice...

Planning a long weekend/mileage run to Singapore in January. Here are the rates for the properties (with the 25% off, "year end," deal):

* Hilton: S$255/night
* Conrad: S$296/night

Is the Conrad worth a little more?

Are both properties pretty easy to get to from the airport via transit? I'll have an ~8am departure flight, so I'd need to leave the property around 5:30 on my last morning.

It looks like the Conrad has an outdoor pool (20m), which I could swim some laps in. The Hilton's pool is 12m
How do the breakfasts compare?
Do Golds usually get lounge access at either?

It will be a short trip, and I'll mostly be checking out the city (my first time there), and doing some touristy things.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aztimm

Planning a long weekend/mileage run to Singapore in January. Here are the rates for the properties (with the 25% off, "year end," deal):

Are both properties pretty easy to get to from the airport via transit? I'll have an ~8am departure flight, so I'd need to leave the property around 5:30 on my last morning.

It looks like the Conrad has an outdoor pool (20m), which I could swim some laps in. The Hilton's pool is 12m

It will be a short trip, and I'll mostly be checking out the city (my first time there), and doing some touristy things.

Thoughts?
Taxi fare is relatively cheap compared to other cities. You are looking at approx. 17.00 to the airport from Conrad. So I would not even bother with public transportation. There is a premium charged after hours for taxis but still considered cheap. Both the Hilton and Conrad have great breakfast spreads but I like Oscar's better at Conrad. The spread is huge, larger than most Conrad locations. Also, Conrad is just one MRT stop away from Marina Bay which I highly recommend visiting. You can go to the top floor where the pool is without paying fees if you go to the bar for drinks. The executive lounge at the Conrad was busy for the evening last Saturday when I was there. You had to wait a little to find a place to sit. As gold I did receive access to the lounge/Oscars/or their other restaurant by the pool. I do visit the property yearly so I'm not sure if that plays into consideration. There are more accessible shops around Orchard, but if you plan on more relaxation I would recommend the Conrad vs the Hilton.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Thoughts?
I love the Conrad. There is actually a lot going on in the area along the bay/river mouth near the hotel. I just found this out. It's also closer to the restaurants I like. I really don't like the location of the Hilton, though I'm sure many prefer it over the Conrad.

I had really not liked the Hilton, but I've stayed there four times this year. As a gold, I've gotten lounge access. The last time I stayed at the Conrad, I did not get lounge access (I think if you book the business room as a gold they will upgrade you to an executive room. I usually book the cheaper room and they upgrade me to business, but that doesn't get lounge access. This may have changed. The lounge access for the Hilton has changed from not allowing lounge access to golds unless in an executive room to allowing access.)

Access to/from the airport is a bit faster and easier to the Conrad, but there isn't much difference.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I plan to visit Singapore in January for 21 days (maybe, leaving Singapore to explore nearby countries during weekends). Do any of the properties offer long term discount? Any tips to stay in the area cheaper than the $250 SGD/night.

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Thoughts?
I have stayed at the Hilton in SIN once, 10+ times at the Conrad. Not sure what to read into that
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I have stayed at the Hilton in SIN once, 10+ times at the Conrad. Not sure what to read into that
haha, thanks for your input, as well as everyone else ^

I've also solicited the advice of a local, who thinks I'd enjoy the area around the Conrad more (he said the area near the Hilton can be rather busy).

I'll book the Conrad.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I've stayed at both and agree the Conrad is the better of the two. All my stays at the Hilton have been very pleasant and I would not be disappointed staying there. One thing the Hilton has going for it this time of year, is the Christmas Decorations on Orchard Road. The Christmas decorations are way over the top compared with most US cities main street Christmas Decorations. I would stay at the Hilton now just for the Christmas decorations.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
How does the hotel treat Gold members ?

I've emailed them a week ago, but till now surprisingly no reply yet regarding this

have stayed at this property once, through an executive room booking and no HHonors status. With the year end sale, looks quite tempting for a short getaway. Would Executive floor privileges be given to Gold's who book the lowest tier room ? (2- tier upgrade ?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.