FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:09 pm
manneca

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm looking for some advice...

Planning a long weekend/mileage run to Singapore in January. Here are the rates for the properties (with the 25% off, "year end," deal):

* Hilton: S$255/night
* Conrad: S$296/night

Is the Conrad worth a little more?

Are both properties pretty easy to get to from the airport via transit? I'll have an ~8am departure flight, so I'd need to leave the property around 5:30 on my last morning.

It looks like the Conrad has an outdoor pool (20m), which I could swim some laps in. The Hilton's pool is 12m
How do the breakfasts compare?
Do Golds usually get lounge access at either?

It will be a short trip, and I'll mostly be checking out the city (my first time there), and doing some touristy things.

Thoughts?
I love the Conrad. There is actually a lot going on in the area along the bay/river mouth near the hotel. I just found this out. It's also closer to the restaurants I like. I really don't like the location of the Hilton, though I'm sure many prefer it over the Conrad.

I had really not liked the Hilton, but I've stayed there four times this year. As a gold, I've gotten lounge access. The last time I stayed at the Conrad, I did not get lounge access (I think if you book the business room as a gold they will upgrade you to an executive room. I usually book the cheaper room and they upgrade me to business, but that doesn't get lounge access. This may have changed. The lounge access for the Hilton has changed from not allowing lounge access to golds unless in an executive room to allowing access.)

Access to/from the airport is a bit faster and easier to the Conrad, but there isn't much difference.