Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
How does the hotel treat Gold members ?

I've emailed them a week ago, but till now surprisingly no reply yet regarding this

have stayed at this property once, through an executive room booking and no HHonors status. With the year end sale, looks quite tempting for a short getaway. Would Executive floor privileges be given to Gold's who book the lowest tier room ? (2- tier upgrade ?)
Which one? I stayed at the Hilton several times this year and booked the lowest room and got lounge access. Several years ago, they changed the policy to not giving access to golds unless they were in an executive room and giving only a 1 tier upgrade. But it has evidently changed again.

I can't speak to the Conrad. The last time I stayed there (sometime last year), the policy was not to give lounge access unless upgraded to an exec room and they limited the upgrades to 1 tier. That may have changed.

I love the Conrad and have stayed there despite knowing I wouldn't get lounge access. When I did have lounge access, it was very, very crowded.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Not sure if it's the time of year, but the Conrad EL was never crowded a few weeks ago. Oh, maybe a time or two - during breakfast - it was close to full. But never felt that way, and it wasn't loud. The majority of time, the EL was close to empty - morning, afternoon and evening. As for upgrades - still up one tier, yes.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It has been reported many times in this forum that at CCS you need to book a business room in order to be upgraded to Exec. room as HH Gold. CCS seems to be strict with 1 tier upgrade only.

If upgraded to business room only you will not get EL access.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:59 am

Gold member here and booking the standard king bed award room. We are a couple and a 14 months baby. Location is most important for us. Something very close to restaurants, not the fancy ones, stores, shops & food to purchase for baby. And close to the subway and the many of the attractions. Should I do Hilton or Conrad?
Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Gold member here and booking the standard king bed award room. We are a couple and a 14 months baby. Location is most important for us. Something very close to restaurants, not the fancy ones, stores, shops & food to purchase for baby. And close to the subway and the many of the attractions. Should I do Hilton or Conrad?
Thanks
The Conrad is adjacent to a mall with a supermarket, tons of shops and range of restaurants to choose from. Also the Promenade MRT station is right there as well. Convenience covered.. Attractions are all over the city, so I won't comment on that.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The Conrad is adjacent to a mall with a supermarket, tons of shops and range of restaurants to choose from. Also the Promenade MRT station is right there as well. Convenience covered.. Attractions are all over the city, so I won't comment on that.
Conrad no lounge access and Hilton lounge access for gold members booked on standard award. You still do get upgrade on higher floor & breakfast at Conrad right?
Which one provides better breakfast? better selection?
Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by fallinasleep
Back from a recent weekend trip at the Singapore Hilton.

Overall a very nice stay.

Had considered the Sheraton, Hyatt and Conrad for this family trip but settled on the Hilton due to its location and attractive rate, and the fact that the Conrad does not allow children under 12 years of age into the lounge. Was mainly concerned about room size (only 32 sqm), but it was ultimately quite adequate for an extra rollaway bed (with some creative moving around of furniture). The king sized bed is quite spacious as mentioned by others in Tripadvisor. I also read so many negative reviews about the Sheraton on FT that it really wasn't a serious option.

Location, as everyone knows, is great for the Orchard MRT station as well as visiting my favorite food court at Wisma Atria (tip - show your passport at the concierge and get 10% off the hawker stands at Food Republic on the 4th floor as well as at other shops).

Upgraded as a Gold to the executive floor without asking (it was a weekend stay), and my standard room location request was also honored (nicely done!).

Bathroom is on the smallish side but appears to have been renovated. Would be more than adequate for a single traveler though.

Swimming pool is also smallish but it is on the rooftop and there is a children's pool at 0.6m depth to the side. Not sure how crowded it gets as I was up there during a light drizzle and it was empty. Didn't use the gym but it had what I would have wanted (and didn't seem that much smaller than the main gym area at MBS IIRC).

Given option of having my complimentary bfast at the lounge or at Checkers on the ground/first floor. Chose Checkers, which had a selection of hot and cold items, an omelette station, fresh juices, and probably the best crispy bacon that I've had in Asia in some time. Overall selection was definitely sufficient but not as extensive as the Grand Hyatts and Shangri Las I've stayed at around the region. Can't beat the price though, and I really appreciate the option of taking breakfast downstairs.

Visited the lounge in the evenings. Three rotating hot items are offered along with coldcuts and alcohol from 6pm to 830pm. Selection is best before 7pm and finding a seat can be daunting if you arrive later.

Had wanted to eat at their Italian restaurant il cielo but didn't have time on this stay.

Finally, have read a lot of reviews that highlighted the good service and I would agree.

I would definitely return for a weekend trip unless I got a great rate at MBS or the Shangri La on Sentosa (and wanted a different location). For business, I would also consider it again but probably only if I knew I had some meetings next door in the immediate area or elsewhere outside the CBD.
Glad I read your post although it is old.I am going with my wife and 14 month old baby and have been deciding between Conrad & hilton. If Conrad has lots of restrictions on baby and child, It is not the place for us. I am using my points & am a gold member, wonder if they will allow us in any lounge or restaurant with our baby? SHouldn't have this problem at Hilton right?

I am seeing 48k points for 5 nights, 49800 for 6 and 51k for night. 5 or lesser is 60k. I need the standard award for 7 nights. Any trick to get all 7 nights for 48k?

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Feb 15, 2015 at 6:15 pm
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Conrad no lounge access and Hilton lounge access for gold members booked on standard award. You still do get upgrade on higher floor & breakfast at Conrad right?
Which one provides better breakfast? better selection?
Thanks
No lounge access for Gold on standard (lowest) room booking at either Hilton or Conrad. I stay at these properties at least 3/4 times a year.

Conrad breakfast is better in both selection and quality. Hilton is still undergoing renovation and during my Feb stay had to have breakfast in the function room. Rooms have only had light refurbishment and most still have no stand-alone shower.

Conrad on the other hand is older but better appointed (hardware & software). It is still a smoking hotel and non-smoking floors do have a faint musk if that's a concern.

Location really depends on what you want to do.

Conrad is linked to SunTec city (overhead walkway under renovation but should be completed by mid of this year). There are a few nearby food courts (5 mins walk) in the shopping mall. The cinema there is also newly upgraded & refurbished. You can also take the underground link to river side to a posh hawker centre (Gluttons Bay). I usually just have a late buffet at the PanPacific across the road, after 9pm it goes for half price for all you can eat

As I've only stayed at Hilton for work, not too sure if there's anything touristy nearby. Food is not a problem ranging from cheap (food court) to high end. It's closer to Singapore Zoo compared to Conrad but only by 10minutes ... so probably not a big enough difference.

Overall I'll recommend the Conrad, which can be cheaper than Hilton especially on weekends. Conrad also has complimentary DVD's to take back to your room.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:19 pm

No lounge access for Gold on standard (lowest) room booking at either Hilton or Conrad. I stay at these properties at least 3/4 times a year.

Conrad breakfast is better in both selection and quality. Hilton is still undergoing renovation and during my Feb stay had to have breakfast in the function room. Rooms have only had light refurbishment and most still have no stand-alone shower.

Conrad on the other hand is older but better appointed (hardware & software). It is still a smoking hotel and non-smoking floors do have a faint musk if that's a concern.

Location really depends on what you want to do.

Conrad is linked to SunTec city (overhead walkway under renovation but should be completed by mid of this year). There are a few nearby food courts (5 mins walk) in the shopping mall. The cinema there is also newly upgraded & refurbished. You can also take the underground link to river side to a posh hawker centre (Gluttons Bay). I usually just have a late buffet at the PanPacific across the road, after 9pm it goes for half price for all you can eat

As I've only stayed at Hilton for work, not too sure if there's anything touristy nearby. Food is not a problem ranging from cheap (food court) to high end. It's closer to Singapore Zoo compared to Conrad but only by 10minutes ... so probably not a big enough difference.

Overall I'll recommend the Conrad, which can be cheaper than Hilton especially on weekends. Conrad also has complimentary DVD's to take back to your room.
Heared conrad is a strictly business hotel and not too friendly for baby/kids? for example like I can't take my baby to any restaurant for breakfast hour?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Heared conrad is a strictly business hotel and not too friendly for baby/kids? for example like I can't take my baby to any restaurant for breakfast hour?
Don't have a baby so can't confirm although the main restaurant does get packed during peak hours. Normal to see a line of business suits lining up 0800-0930.

How long are you planing on staying ?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:43 am

Don't have a baby so can't confirm although the main restaurant does get packed during peak hours. Normal to see a line of business suits lining up 0800-0930.

How long are you planing on staying ?
7 nights but maybe 5 nights at Hilton or Conrad & 2 nights somewhere else because at 5 nights its 48K a night, 6 shows 49800 a night & 7 shows 51k for standard award. 4 or less nights shows 60k a night
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:00 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Thanks
I am headed to Singapore next month. Always like staying around Orchard Road. Just about anything you need is within walking distance. Even so there are some slightly less expensive hotels than the Hilton, being an elite member, I find myself going back to the Hilton....besides location, I really like their breakfast (in the restaurant).

Just yesterday booked 10 days at the Hilton on Orchard Rd.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I saw a couple with a baby eating breakfast on the 4th floor breakfast area (for Golds) while I was there a few weeks ago.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by jaynyc
I am headed to Singapore next month. Always like staying around Orchard Road. Just about anything you need is within walking distance. Even so there are some slightly less expensive hotels than the Hilton, being an elite member, I find myself going back to the Hilton....besides location, I really like their breakfast (in the restaurant).

Just yesterday booked 10 days at the Hilton on Orchard Rd.
what should i do here?
staying 7 nights but maybe 5 nights at Hilton and 2 nights somewhere else because at 5 nights its 48K a night, 6 shows 49800 a night & 7 shows 51k for standard award. 4 or less nights shows 60k a night.
any trick to get it for 48k a night for 7 nights?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:30 am
NCL

Programs: HH Diamond, BA blue, Virgin flying club silver, Skywards silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott silver.
Stayed at the Hilton 7 years ago which was excellent but chose the Conrad last month. It`s not a patch on the Conrad HKG and was the first stay in years that I didn`t receive an upgrade (there was availability as well). It was actually around the same price as the Hilton when I booked it back in March last year, but based on this and the location I would chose the Hilton again next time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.