Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:11 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by eltex
Hilton has tweaked their program this year, making it much harder to get enough points for the top quality hotels in the program.
Yep, they tweaked it enough for me to drop their chain from my stays. They want 30,000 points for a run down Hampton Inn and the final straw was looking to stay in Seattle over the weekend at the end of summer and they over 140,000 points a night. It's ridiculous.

I'll be splitting my 200 nights a year between Marriott and Hyatt where the points are worth something. The HH program is a joke IMHO and I'm voting with my feet and wallet.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by UATexasFlyer
Yep, they tweaked it enough for me to drop their chain from my stays. They want 30,000 points for a run down Hampton Inn and the final straw was looking to stay in Seattle over the weekend at the end of summer and they over 140,000 points a night. It's ridiculous.

I'll be splitting my 200 nights a year between Marriott and Hyatt where the points are worth something. The HH program is a joke IMHO and I'm voting with my feet and wallet.
Whoa. I've stayed there so many times, it's not even worth that one bit. _Maybe_ 100k, like during Bumbershoot or if the Seahawks were hosting a playoffs game. Crazy.

By the way, that price is pretty steep. I get in there for $160/night. So, some event must have been going on -- the convention center and Sheraton (which has events) is right down the street.

FYI you can book Waldorf Rome for that price in points!!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
the final straw was looking to stay in Seattle over the weekend at the end of summer and they over 140,000 points a night. It's ridiculous.
In fairness, I'm guessing that's not for a normal room. Their normal rate seems to be 50,000 points.

Last edited by docbert; Aug 16, 2013 at 5:57 pm Reason: Clarify which hotel this was referring to
Old Aug 16, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by docbert
In fairness, I'm guessing that's not for a normal room. Their normal rate seems to be 50,000 points.
LOL, the key words were "Run Down" hence the lower number of points required.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 3:55 pm

Run down? Which one? The Hampton near queen anne across from the QFC is not that bad at all - in fact just recently I stayed there and they had chefs in training from the culinary school dishing up gourmet omelettes for breakfast. And it's blocks from the space needle.

I don't know of another one downtown.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by relberger
Run down? Which one? The Hampton near queen anne across from the QFC is not that bad at all - in fact just recently I stayed there and they had chefs in training from the culinary school dishing up gourmet omelettes for breakfast. And it's blocks from the space needle.

I don't know of another one downtown.
Edison, NJ
Old Aug 16, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The 50,000 points was for the Seattle Hilton - compared to the 143,000 points that was listed for what I'm guessing was a premium room.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:07 pm

Edison, NJ
Yuck. I've stayed at the one in Somerset a lot and it sucks too.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Conrad or Hilton In Singapore?

Intending to use points for a couple of nights in Siingapore - what would be the better option - the Conrad or the Hilton (I'm HH Gold BTW)
Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Intending to use points for a couple of nights in Siingapore - what would be the better option - the Conrad or the Hilton (I'm HH Gold BTW)
Thanks
See these threads for relevant discussion (start at the last page and work forward):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...+conrad+hilton
Also see:
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Thanks for this - not sure how I did not find these threads on my original search.
Very useful.
Conrad it will be for me.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Good choice.

Make sure to book a business room if you are looking for an upgrade to Executive floor. I has been reported many times in this forum that booking a classic room will only get you upgraded to a business room.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Received: King Hilton Executive, 9am check-in, 2pm check-out, full breakfast in restaurant, 2 bottles of water per day, three red apples

I really like this hotel and rank it as one of my favourites in the Hilton portfolio worldwide, It has an excellent location, great lounge, spacious rooms and wonderful breakfast. This stay was a little disappointing, however.

I had two nights on a P+P (SGD114++ +24k HHonors points) and a third night at 60k. I booked a King Hilton Deluxe and received a King Hilton Executive.

This would be my 5th or 6th stay. The welcome amenity? Three red apples. Wow, what a joke. The wifi in the lounge was very patchy compared with the same activity in my room using the room wifi connection. An 8pm closure of the pool seems ridiculous given the climate.

The executive lounge had only reopened a few days prior and a lot of the staff enjoyed taking photos of the food with their cameras and phones over the three days I was there. The lounge is now modern and sleek, similar sort of styling to The Wing refurb in HKG. The cold drinks fridge is well overhead. I'm neither tall nor short but had to get on tip-toe to reach the top shelf. It seems to be in a ridiculous spot. And only five spirits (Smirnoff Red, Gordon's, Jim Beam, JW Red and Bacardi).

The food offerings weren't substantial but were very tasty and continually replenished. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a Hilton hotel and, even after being granted a late check-out at least the day prior to departure, not being disturbed. I had a 2pm check-out but at 1.05pm the phone rings with the front desk manager wanting to know when I was leaving, then a knock on the door from the housekeeper at 1.20pm. The same happened at the Hilton Bonaventure in Montreal and the Hilton Petaling Jaya in KL. Very poor. I also wasn't given any information on the lounge benefits. I only found at the night before leaving that I could have had an item of clothing pressed free of charge (which would have worked out nicely in preparation for brunch at the Ritz-Carlton).

Breakfast in Checkers was complimentary and, as usual, very nice.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:52 pm
jxd

HHonors credit card in Singapore?

Is there any HHonors credit card that I can apply in Singapore?

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...rds/index.html

Not anywhere in the list here.

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jxd
Is there any HHonors credit card that I can apply in Singapore?

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...rds/index.html

Not anywhere in the list here.

Thanks
There are no CCs in SIN that earns HHonors points directly (not even other hotel chains in general).

The only 2 Cards that I know of that can transfer points to HHonors are Amex cards directly from Amex Singapore or Citibank PremierMiles Cards.

For Amex Singapore Cards:
1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,250 Hilton HHonors Points

For Citibank PremierMiles Cards:
1 Citi Mile = 1.5 Hilton HHonors points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.