Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
As I have shared elsewhere in this thread, I personally prefer the Hilton on Orchard Road as it is close to the MRT station, near lots of shopping and dining options, etc. and it's just a great hotel. I've stayed there several times and have had wonderful experiences (nice rooms, outstanding concierges, more than adequate executive lounge, etc.). If you're more into sightseeing than shopping, it may be that the Conrad is a better option. It's closer to the Marina Bay area which has museums, also good dining options, the Marina Bay Sands complex with a cool roof-top bar, etc.

Either way, I don't think you could go wrong with either option.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
At the Conrad they are pretty strict on upgrading one level, so from a classic room you would be upgraded to a business room. They sometimes allow you to trade your daily laundry allowance for lounge access, but not always.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Thanks a lot for your replies ^

As late check-out is also an important criteria for us, I think Conrad would win the race.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Definitely recommend the Conrad over the Hilton every time. As a Gold member the Hilton told me they couldn't upgrade me (from Deluxe Plus to Executive) because the hotel was "busy" (despite the fact Executive Rooms were still available for sale on the website for my dates - very suspect).

I asked for Executive Lounge access, but was told no, only if I was upgraded to an Executive Level Room (bang in line with Hilton policy, of course).

In contrast, the Conrad seemed calmer, quieter and therefore more chance of an upgrade. The staff were excellent and the Executive Lounge was decent.

Conrad all the way
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:29 am

My husband and I have visited Singapore and stayed at the Hilton at least a dozen times. Once I traveled there without him and he booked an award room for me at Hilton Singapore. It was the only time I have ever been denied his Diamond member benefits at any Hilton that I've ever stayed at without him. The Conrad Centennial gave me all his Diamond benefits when I stayed there without him last year, so it will get all our Singapore stays from now on, which will be 4 times this year.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by fkaway
Thanks a lot for your replies ^

As late check-out is also an important criteria for us, I think Conrad would win the race.

Finally went to the Conrad and based on your replies, I did not regret Luckily, the haze was gone and had a great sunny weekend.

Fantastic stay, fantastic treatment as Gold with Exec floor access and late-checkout. As only interests was in sightseeing and not shopping, this hotel in a quieter neighborhood has short airport transfer time (20mins. in the early and late evening) and is 2mins. walk to MRT (Circle Line, Promenade or Esplanade station) and 5mins. walk to Singapore Flyer. Therefore great location plus nice view out of room and Exec lounge, especially in night time! Hotel gym was fully equipped, small pool a bit of an disappointment as only max. 1.30m (4ft) of depth.

When comparing the Exec lounge food offer, must admit I was more in favor of my recent stay at the Shangri-La Edsa in Manila due to their variety of fruits, warm and cold choices, for breakfast and hors d'oeuvre.
Comparing to Hilton's location off busy Orchard Road I was glad - based on your comments - having chosen the Conrad over the Hilton, thanks. ^
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Could anyone please pm me the Conrad SG GM contact details (email).

Many thanks,
Globalist
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Yes

Exactly right. The Conrad is great with a wonderful lounge and view.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:58 am

best way to get HH points from Singapore

Looking for HHpoints to book hilton hotels and whats the cheapest way to get them? i am not residing in US.

many thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tboons
i am not residing in US.
THe obvious question then is which country are you residing in? The answers still might depend on that!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: HH D
Got almost all of my HHpoints for free by staying at Hilton Family Hotels and Resorts. I believe this works all over the globe, could be wrong though.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: HH diamond
How many more points do you need for your award? The cheapest way may be to buy the rest of the points to top off your acct.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:15 pm

I am in Singapore which unfortunately has no hotel points with hilton...
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:04 am

Have you considered this might not be the best rewards programme for you?

The general way of earning Hhonors points is to stay at Hilton hotels. There are other ways such as converting airline miles and Hilton credit cards but these are really just for topping up the points you earn from hotel stays.

As it's a rewards programme for rewarding you giving Hilton money that is the primary way of earning points - your unlikely to be able to earn enough points through alternative metrhods without spending far more money on airline trips or credit cards than you'd spend on the cost of just paying for the room you want?

Unless I've misunderstood your point - if so I apologise.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:44 am

Hilton has tweaked their program this year, making it much harder to get enough points for the top quality hotels in the program. If you are planning on staying at smaller hotels that aren't in the top categories, you might still find some value in the HHonors system. However, if you want to stay at premium properties, Hilton is probably not a good choice as a points program, especially overseas where getting the large credit card bonuses isn't usually available.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.