Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Stay at home.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS, Malaysia Airlines Enrich Platinum
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Time to put your money where your mouth is and head over to the JW Marriott. Hilton's loyalty programme is a huge flop. Only saving grace is their sweet spots in Malaysia with rooms going for 10k points a night.
I am Hilton Diamond and Marriott Titanium.

My experience, Hilton beats Bonvoy 99% of the time.

And Hilton KL as well as DoubleTree KL are amazing! They are great value if you pay as well. I thinbk Hilton KL Exec Lounge is by far the best for the "Hilton" brand (i.e. excluding Conrads).
Old Apr 5, 2020, 3:56 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
I was in residence (and had been since January) up until the day before the hotel was turned into a “stay home notice” facility. There was much uncertainty and it was announced last minute it seems. I suspect occupancy was in the very very low single digits, and given the owners of the hotel (prominent Singaporeans), not surprising. The government is likely paying a reasonable rate, and there is additional funding for disinfecting etc. There are several such hotels and serviced condos currently in SG, with many more partially closed (certain rooms or floors) for stay home notice guests (you can Google for the list). Now that “lockdown” has been announced, from Tuesday 7th, many hotels are closing for a month, or at the least closing to new guests.
Cynicor and escape4 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:03 am

Where are you going? Where do you "live" if there is such a thing in your life?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
I moved to a furnished condo on a 6 month lease, just in time!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EGW1
I moved to a furnished condo on a 6 month lease, just in time!
But does it come with room service?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by EGW1
Now that “lockdown” has been announced, from Tuesday 7th, many hotels are closing for a month, or at the least closing to new guests.
I cannot blame Conrad for their business decision. That said, it seems like there are several hotels in Singapore still open for reservations during the lockdown. I hope that Conrad did the right thing and moved guests to comparable hotels if they had a valid reservation before they closed their doors. Assuming that was their wish, of course.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by escape4
I cannot blame Conrad for their business decision. That said, it seems like there are several hotels in Singapore still open for reservations during the lockdown. I hope that Conrad did the right thing and moved guests to comparable hotels if they had a valid reservation before they closed their doors. Assuming that was their wish, of course.
Just for clarity, in SG there are “dedicated facilities” which have been booked out in entirety (such as Conrad, and I believe Pan Pac, Swissotel) and then there are many hotels that are offering subsidised stay home notice “SHN” rates for those who are serving stay home notices for 14 days. I’m not sure how comfortable I would be in a hotel that has several SHN guests (effectively in isolation for 14 days) and also accepting “regular” guests, given the ability for cross contamination. With the further tightening of rules today (all returnees have to service a 14 day SHN in a hotel / serviced condo), the volume of such guests is likely reasonably high. As far as I know, hotels / serviced condos can no longer accept any new “regular” guests during lockdown, all recreational facilities closed (even in standard condos). When I departed the Conrad I don’t think there were more than 5 guests total ... and yes I miss room service . Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:17 pm

For anyone interested, a local news channel featured Conrad Singapore on how they converted to quarantine facility (still does, as of October 2021):

The _Banking_Scot and Abidjan like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We had a reservation there for December 2021. Just got an email two days ago that the hotel will remain designated as quarantine facility until March 2022. They cancelled our reservation and the hotel is not bookable online. The only Hilton option in Singapore is now Hilton Singapore which sucks, and for our dates charges similar rates to Andaz. Interestingly many of the Marriott properties are also designated as quarantine facilities. Given that they are opening to tourists starting Oct 19th, it will be quite a squeeze due to limited hotel availability.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by outgoing
We had a reservation there for December 2021. Just got an email two days ago that the hotel will remain designated as quarantine facility until March 2022. They cancelled our reservation and the hotel is not bookable online. The only Hilton option in Singapore is now Hilton Singapore which sucks, and for our dates charges similar rates to Andaz. Interestingly many of the Marriott properties are also designated as quarantine facilities. Given that they are opening to tourists starting Oct 19th, it will be quite a squeeze due to limited hotel availability.
Sorry to hear, guess I have an email coming soon then too
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Sorry to hear, guess I have an email coming soon then too
Here is the email with exact dates so that folks can make alternative arrangements or inquire at the hotel:
Thank you for your support to Conrad Centennial Singapore.

In light of the current COVID-19 situation, Conrad Centennial Singapore has been further extended as a SHN-Stay Home Notice Dedicated Facility Hotel (SDF) until 04 March 2022. (subject to extension).

In our effort to cooperate with the local government, it is therefore with deep regret, we are unable to accommodate your stay with us during this period.

In view of this situation, may we recommend an alternative accommodation, “Hilton Singapore” located at 581 Orchard Road for your upcoming stay between October to 31 December 2021 instead? We will be able to connect you with Hilton Singaporeforthe stay to check on the room availability and rate.

Alternatively, we may also postpone your reservation at our hotel to the next available date from 07 March 2022 onwards, subject to room availability. We will also keep you informed should our facility will be extended beyond March 2022.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not saying you would want to stay at the Hilton (which will become an IHG voco in 2022, when the 'new' one opens), but of the current rates at Hilton were higher than your booking at Conrad (shudder), I would push them to move you and get the same rate honored (even if standard is of course lower at Hilton).

On IHG side same story, only IC Bugis is bookable with rest all still being SHN hotels, but I would take that any day over the Hilton as it is quite nice and hopefully a tad cheaper than Andaz. YMMV.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:38 am

Got an email from staff at the property, will now be opening up for stays after 22 December. They reinstated my prior reservation for January. Now just need an acceptable VTL flight.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Anyone stayed here recently who can share what things are like at the hotel please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.