FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/594065-conrad-centennial-singapore-sgp.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Posts older than 2018 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Centennial Singapore

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

gil123 Jan 2, 2018 1:54 pm

Had a one night stay here Xmas week. Booked on points during one of the sales when the points rate came down to 43K, lower than the Hilton for the date we stayed. Was very happy w the property especially at that price. Rooms are nicely renovated and the sofabed came in handy traveling with a child (was big enough for a 9-year old and kinda fun to be near the picture window) and avoided hefty extra bed charges. Didn't pay much attention to room type but we did get diamond upgrade to a room with a great view, newly renovated as they all are now. Diamond amenity was decent, small box of good chocolates and some fresh apples. The temporary executive lounge really was not a problem- unless you care about having a view or want more room to spread out. Though a bit busy, we found seats and the evening spread was quite decent. Afternoon tea was excellent in fact, with fresh whipped cream and nice pastries. We chose breakfast buffet in the restaurant of course and it had a great variety (though I expected a bit more Indian stuff being in Singapore, like a dosa station would have been nice) of Asian and western items, all good quality. Heard zero construction noise (though we weren't in room much during the day) though there was a notice about sporadic work/interruption on the water system for a few days but that is over. Between the new rooms, location and better rates I would not hesitate to stay here.

Gasolin Jan 4, 2018 12:09 pm

Conrad Singapore upgrade question

Hi,

I am thinking of booking a stay in this hotel this year. I understand that as a gold member, you potentially get one upgrade in the class above. Now there are different kind of rooms in the list:
- Deluxe King
- Grand Deluxe King
- Premium King
- Executive King
- Centenial King Suite

My understanding is that if I book Premium, there is a high chance to be upgraded to Executive as a gold member. Is that correct?
Or do some of you just book Deluxe and "hope" to get upgraded to at least Executive?

Thanks!

PS: I am talking about booking a paid stay.

sbams Jan 4, 2018 3:11 pm

Many reports here on FT on this subject at Conrad Singapore. Seems the norm is only one level up, so Deluxe will rarely make it up to Executive.

Paid or points should not make any difference

PayItForward Jan 4, 2018 3:56 pm

Not sure when you are planning to be there but note that the property is currently undergoing re-modeling so the number of rooms are reduced.
You may also want to skim through this thread.for more information

Gasolin Jan 4, 2018 4:22 pm

Thanks, they are supposed to be completed in Jan 2018 right? I was hoping for a stay around Apr 2018.

I read the last messages on the thread that seems to be a year old and I just have the feeling that it's a bit tough to score an Executive room with a gold status even when booking a Premium room... I guess I won't know until the check-in day? Or is there a way to know in advance (the thread mentions that one can check availability for an upgrade on the phone)?

puchong Jan 4, 2018 5:03 pm

FYI, there is not much of a difference between an Executive Room and a standard (Deluxe) room at this hotel.

sbams Jan 5, 2018 12:00 am

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 29251289)
FYI, there is not much of a difference between an Executive Room and a standard (Deluxe) room at this hotel.

For a Gold member I would imagine the interest in an Executive Room is more for Lounge access than the room itself

vishalgupta22 Jan 5, 2018 2:10 am

Originally Posted by sbams (Post 29250871)
Many reports here on FT on this subject at Conrad Singapore. Seems the norm is only one level up, so Deluxe will rarely make it up to Executive.

Paid or points should not make any difference

+1
Both Hilton and Conrad in sg always gave me 1 level upgrade (as gold) so I always booked 1 level below executive to get executive. I generally got upgraded a few days before check-in

Gasolin Jan 5, 2018 3:14 pm

Thank you all, it answers my question! So no need to play the devil, I just need to book the Premium room, which I understand is right below the Executive room.

Arghmeinaugen Jan 6, 2018 2:52 am

We are staying between 19th - 24th January, but traveling with a toddler.

Does anyone know the arrangement in the lounge for children? We've always stayed at Park Royal Pickering, which always says no children in the lounge, but we've always been let in.

PayItForward Jan 6, 2018 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Arghmeinaugen (Post 29256856)
We are staying between 19th - 24th January, but traveling with a toddler.

Does anyone know the arrangement in the lounge for children? We've always stayed at Park Royal Pickering, which always says no children in the lounge, but we've always been let in.

Conrad allows children in the lounge. If it is still at the Temp area, there are no separate area. Back at the previous lounge, families with children are seated in one of the two meeting rooms.

gil123 Jan 6, 2018 8:32 am

Correct. We were there with a nine year old. No issue.

AndDee Jan 22, 2018 11:28 pm

So the lounge is closed til 2nd Quarter of 2018 it seems...

Thought it was due open earlier

kirkwoodj Jan 23, 2018 6:51 am

Recent stay, lounge on 4th floor was fine. I had a refurbed suite (1401), no funny smells, no noise. Would certainly rather have a sofa in the living room rather than the new thing. Only complaint I voiced on checkout was lack of a second rubbish bin by desk/in living room. All else was great. New bath amenities from Shanghai Tang, don't know if Conrad-wide, or just this location. Had the previous ST ones at not too far past stay at Conrad HK.