Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Nah Conrad Tokyo has gotten better about upgrades. Was upgraded from standard room to suite in Oct and Nov on Diamond + FHR bookings.

Agree that in the past they were pretty stingy. I remember I was there in March 2020 right before the country closed and they were totally dead, but would still give me nothing above a bay view room but were happy to offer a paid suite upgrade. Couldn't believe it.
Requesting an exec room as a Diamond is asking for too much?!?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Requesting an exec room as a Diamond is asking for too much?!?
No, but a one category upgrade is a one category upgrade, standard room to executive are two categories, what's so hard to accept their policy ??? Once again this is nothing new to this property, you saw plenty of reports in this thread base on years, so you should already well aware of, so why stay there if can't accept ? Or why not just book premium then you will get upgraded to exec ?
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
No, but a one category upgrade is a one category upgrade, standard room to executive are two categories, what's so hard to accept their policy ??? Once again this is nothing new to this property, you saw plenty of reports in this thread base on years, so you should already well aware of, so why stay there if can't accept ? Or why not just book premium then you will get upgraded to exec ?
or just send them an email and they gave me an exec in advance.

Not everyone back scrolls through "years" of reports.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:18 pm

Back in March I received an upgarde to a Centennial Suite from base room. Perhaps the high occupancy drives the return of one-category upgrade?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 6:07 pm

It’s not that hard. Upgrades are always 1 cat minimum if available. Anything else is down to a combination of luck, regularity, the full moon and what you are that morning.
of course they are only going to tell you they have a 1 category upgrade policy if that’s what you got.
all hotels mentioned above are the same- in Tokyo others get suites, some get “exec” (no real upgrade).
There has been no policy change here.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:51 pm

Does this Conrad offer online check-in with Room selection? And if so, which are the best Premier/Executive rooms to select in terms of view?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Does this Conrad offer online check-in with Room selection? And if so, which are the best Premier/Executive rooms to select in terms of view?
yes it does online check in & room selection, with digital key. Can’t really say about views
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:19 pm

Because of the way it’s angled and the surrounding buildings there aren’t that many good views.

If you can get a room facing the pan pacific you get a bit of the marina view. That’s about the best of it.
kirkwoodj and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:56 pm

Hmm okay thanks. As a follow-up question - does anyone have experience if this Conrad combines Gold/Platinum benefits and Impresario benefits without problem? Or are they troublemakers like the Conrad Washington (which I read in the Impresario thread)
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:11 am

When I was reading an online review of this hotel, the reviewer mentioned that he used his AmEx free night certificate. When he got to the Conrad, the hotel said that since it was a free night cert, he would not be eligible for his diamond benefits.

Looking through this thread, I haven't seen people mention this. I'm a diamond member through AmEx and I'm using two certs for a trip. Should I not be counting on lounge access, etc? Or was this person incorrect somehow?

Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
When I was reading an online review of this hotel, the reviewer mentioned that he used his AmEx free night certificate. When he got to the Conrad, the hotel said that since it was a free night cert, he would not be eligible for his diamond benefits.

Looking through this thread, I haven't seen people mention this. I'm a diamond member through AmEx and I'm using two certs for a trip. Should I not be counting on lounge access, etc? Or was this person incorrect somehow?

Thanks for the help!
This is incorrect. Certificate stays are absolutely eligible for Diamond benefits.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
This is incorrect. Certificate stays are absolutely eligible for Diamond benefits.
Thanks for the info. I thought it sounded weird but I appreciate the confirmation!
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:04 pm

Programs: Finnair Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Former Asiana Diamond
Stayed here on a Thursday night earlier this month on a FHR booking as a Diamond member. Was upgraded from Premium room to Exec room before check in and then upgraded to a suite at check-in (I did have to ask, but the available suite was in a different bed type than my original booking). Oscar's wasn't too crowded in the morning with immediate seating at ~9am
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:01 am

Are the Centennial Suites generally on lower levels, or also on high levels? Is it true that they all face the Convention Center (the "bad" view)?

Also, what is the difference between Premier Room and Executive Room (aside from lounge access)?

Last edited by ArnoldB; Feb 6, 2023 at 1:08 am
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Regular corner rooms have an extra small window, which is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.