Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Are the Centennial Suites generally on lower levels, or also on high levels? Is it true that they all face the Convention Center (the "bad" view)?
Have been both high and low. View includes the Fountain of Wealth and surrounding buildings, as you have about 270 degrees viewing
Old Feb 7, 2023, 1:22 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
how are the lounge offerings nowadays ? still an open bar policy from open to 8pm IIRC ?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by wantan
how are the lounge offerings nowadays ? still an open bar policy from open to 8pm IIRC ?
We were well lubricated from full bar from 6-8pm, can't say about the rest of the day, as I'm not in Singapore for the EL . Usually some solid food items during this time, some dim sum, hot apps like wings or empanadas, charcuterie, and desserts.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
How is this property for early check-in? Our flight to SIN arrives at 5am. Considering just booking a room at the Yotel at Changi to snooze a bit and maybe wander around the Jewel, but if they will let us in during the early morning would just go ahead and leave the airport.

Haven't kept track of my Hilton status and whatever is going on with status extensions, so will either be Gold or nobody at time of check-in.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 3:42 pm

Variable based on occupancy. They are pretty good but 6am arrival is basically an extra day…
Old Feb 19, 2023, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Variable based on occupancy. They are pretty good but 6am arrival is basically an extra day…
Ok I figured as much. Will book a few hours at the Yotel!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
How is this property for early check-in? Our flight to SIN arrives at 5am. Considering just booking a room at the Yotel at Changi to snooze a bit and maybe wander around the Jewel, but if they will let us in during the early morning would just go ahead and leave the airport.

Haven't kept track of my Hilton status and whatever is going on with status extensions, so will either be Gold or nobody at time of check-in.
We received early checkin at 6:55am (Diamond). However, the room (2716) smelled like an aquarium, had water damage (brown stains) on the ceiling to the point where parts were falling off and black mold in the corner. Were changed to another room now, but no more Marina View anymore...
Old Feb 20, 2023, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
We received early checkin at 6:55am (Diamond). However, the room (2716) smelled like an aquarium, had water damage (brown stains) on the ceiling to the point where parts were falling off and black mold in the corner. Were changed to another room now, but no more Marina View anymore...
Uh, ick and ick.

David
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yikes, that's no good. Hopefully an exception rather than the rule. Will be a bit picky about our room as we're there for a week.

Hoping to actually spend the morning at Changi as I've not been back to SIN in decades so the Jewel and everything is actually something to explore. Just working out the best places to store luggage and get a nap/shower in with the early arrival (Yotel doesn't allow day rates until 8am for some reason).
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
2 different people have posted recently about damp smells and visible mould stains in the room.
What's going on at this so called 5 star hotel ?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
2 different people have posted recently about damp smells and visible mould stains in the room.
What's going on at this so called 5 star hotel ?
Indeed. Have stayed here many times, including 3 times in past 6 months. Never seen anything like that.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:24 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
I too noticed that there is a damp smell on some floors (and it’s noticeable that some of the corridor wallpaper is showing signs if you look closely), but I had thought it was only me. Didn’t encounter any problems in the rooms, although I would say the air con is not as “fresh” as previously, and that the shower drain area may be a contributor - seems to be something that has occurred in the past 3 months. Perhaps the air con system needs a deep clean or adjusted to dehumidify. Personally, I find this to be a very common problem in SG.

It has been excessively wet/raining in SG over the past couple of months, so that could be a reason.

I’ve never really encountered this as a problem in the past at Conrad that I can recall.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:29 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Anyone have experience here of Diamond benefits being applied to 2 seperate rooms on same booking (guest in 2nd room has no Honors status)?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by NoY
Anyone have experience here of Diamond benefits being applied to 2 seperate rooms on same booking (guest in 2nd room has no Honors status)?
Yes - no problem. Did only get one room upgraded to suite but all other benefits applied. Needs to be same booking for both rooms.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: some
Duplicate post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.