FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:29 am
EGW1

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by escape4
I cannot blame Conrad for their business decision. That said, it seems like there are several hotels in Singapore still open for reservations during the lockdown. I hope that Conrad did the right thing and moved guests to comparable hotels if they had a valid reservation before they closed their doors. Assuming that was their wish, of course.
Just for clarity, in SG there are “dedicated facilities” which have been booked out in entirety (such as Conrad, and I believe Pan Pac, Swissotel) and then there are many hotels that are offering subsidised stay home notice “SHN” rates for those who are serving stay home notices for 14 days. I’m not sure how comfortable I would be in a hotel that has several SHN guests (effectively in isolation for 14 days) and also accepting “regular” guests, given the ability for cross contamination. With the further tightening of rules today (all returnees have to service a 14 day SHN in a hotel / serviced condo), the volume of such guests is likely reasonably high. As far as I know, hotels / serviced condos can no longer accept any new “regular” guests during lockdown, all recreational facilities closed (even in standard condos). When I departed the Conrad I don’t think there were more than 5 guests total ... and yes I miss room service . Stay safe and healthy everyone.