Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:18 pm

If you haven't joined mypoints.com, sign up through the Hilton website and get 500 Hilton points. Go to HHonors.com, earn points, partners, mypoints and use the link.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by wsbombers
You should also be able to get 1000 points pretty easily from erewards (for $25 in erewards points). You should be able to earn the $25 by taking advantage of some of the earn points now offers. If you have more time and feel like reading some emails, the exchange rate for 3000 points ($50) is better.
To get $25 at e-rewards takes me almost 3 to 5 month.
Any hints how to get more e-rewards-$ faster?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Great idea canarsie ^ ^ ^

Some more promos

Asia
Hilton Narita
Code 2K double base points, reduced rate and includes breakfast

Japan and Guam
Code BP 1000 bonus points per stay, complimentary upgrade (excl suites), daily buffet breakfast

Current link to specials page

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 14, 2004 at 10:49 pm
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:40 am

Does re-depositing unused award certificates count as activity?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:54 am

Usually it takes a long time to earn erewards points. They recently made a change to their site which allows you to earn points quickly by responding to offers on their site. (A very limited number of offers and one time only per offer).
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It Works!

Originally Posted by linsj
I was 1000 points short, called to buy the miles and get the award, and the CS rep comped them for me. Worth a try.
I was just a hundred points shy of 175K. I needed to get me a GLONP2 for an upcoming stay, and I was going to call up and purchase 1000 pts, but after reading this post, I just called and nicely asked if they would comp the points to me. The nice CSR said "Sure, no problem".

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Free Upgrade Plus Double Hhonors Points From Avis

Hilton HHonors lately have been atrocious when it comes to bonus point promos these past months. So poor, I've cancelled about 5 stays, used awards instead, and rebooked at competitors racking in a huge amount of points. Nevertheless here's a promo not listed that came with HH Visa Signature card:

FREE UPGRADE PLUS DOUBLE HHONORS POINTS FROM AVIS
Valid through 12/31/2004
Saturday Night required
Holiday Blackout dates apply
Details and reservations, go to avis.com/HiltonCiti
or call 1-800-831-8000 and provide coupon #UUHA016

Upon trying the link they provided, it didn't work. Therefore call that 1-800 number or Avis. If anyone has the working link page, please post it.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 7:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation e-rewards updates last account activity date - preserves "slow" accounts

The best thing about e-rewards is the fact it is ACCOUNT ACTIVITY , if you are one of those infrequent users of Hilton properties and want to keep your account active / alive. You add a few miles, and update the last activity date - well worth it, if you have read the tales of woe from those who never raed the fine print and let their accounts lapse.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:07 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Ask for permission to overdraw/go into the red by 500 points. Assuming your wife has no status, it will take only $50 in charges to the room account to cover the deficit. It sounds nicer than asking 4A handout of 500, which you may be lucky enough to get.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:16 pm

Exclamation Try Again. . .

Originally Posted by Brendan
Ask for permission to overdraw/go into the red by 500 points.
While they have done this for us in the past, this is no longer an option. They are usually generous though, if you ask nicely, and get someone in a "customer friendly" mood.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Does anyone know for sure whether transferring MembershipRewards points will keep an account active? It is mentioned above, but the letter I received from HH says "if you do not take one of the actions above..." - and the "above" is either a stay or points from HH Partners. The URL for the partner list does not list MR, but does list myPoints and eBay points. (Yes, I am writing to them to be sure. And yes, I have done a search, but no definite answer)

Avis appears to be the only car rental location where I don't need to have a corresponding stay (give your HH number to Avis vs, presenting your rental contract at the hotel to qualify)
Old Oct 13, 2004, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Thumbs up

I added a link to this thread to "The all encompassing HH Sticky Thread with Lots of Good Info."
Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I added a link to this thread to "The all encompassing HH Sticky Thread with Lots of Good Info."

In the style of a football crowd.............

"Sticky...sticky....sticky.....sticky"
Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CPRich
Does anyone know for sure whether transferring MembershipRewards points will keep an account active? It is mentioned above, but the letter I received from HH says "if you do not take one of the actions above..." - and the "above" is either a stay or points from HH Partners. The URL for the partner list does not list MR, but does list myPoints and eBay points. (Yes, I am writing to them to be sure. And yes, I have done a search, but no definite answer)

Avis appears to be the only car rental location where I don't need to have a corresponding stay (give your HH number to Avis vs, presenting your rental contract at the hotel to qualify)
Its possible the form letter you received has not been updated since the recent changes to the transfer program.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by cressers
In the style of a football crowd.............

"Sticky...sticky....sticky.....sticky"
Perhaps you didn't notice this, but the moderator of the forum, in the thread I alluded to above ("The all encompassing HH Sticky Thread with Lots of Good Info"), does NOT want multiple stickies. Just one master sticky.

Your remarks would therefore be better addressed to the moderator(s) rather than to the crowd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.