Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2001, 2:38 pm

Another tip: if you're legally maried, ask your wife to enroll for new account online (1 K points) and update her profile twice (more 2 K points). Than you can combine the 3 K points in her account with yours.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 1:59 pm

Wow! My faith is renewed in HHonors! I updated my profile twice today (after reading the posts that it is working!) and then called HHonors. They comped my like 760 points to get me to 20,000!!! Thanks for the suggestion Davidlee, I never would have believed it would work until you mentioned it. Thanks to all the other fliers too!

SkyBoy! :-)
Old Mar 14, 2001, 2:06 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great news!
Old Jan 2, 2002, 12:54 pm

Need points in HH from other sources

I need 45k points in my HH acct for a reward. What way is the most beneficial? Is Delta 2 for 1? What about other airlines? NW, AA, CO, UA? Thanks

------------------
Old Jan 2, 2002, 1:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dilly:
I need 45k points in my HH acct for a reward. What way is the most beneficial? Is Delta 2 for 1? What about other airlines? NW, AA, CO, UA? Thanks
</font>
dilly -- DL --&gt; HH transfer is 1:2 (5,000 miles generates 10,000 HH points). Same deal with CO and UA. AA --&gt; HH transfer is 1:1, and NW does not participate in the HHonors Rewards Exchange.
Old Jan 2, 2002, 1:33 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You'll want to go with DL unless speed is not important. UA and CO use a completely electronic process that typical takes at least twice as long to get the HHonors points posted as DL's paper process (DL sends you the award and you mail the award to HHonors).

Isn't technology grand?

The DL process takes about two weeks including the round trip mailings ... UA and CO much longer usually (month +)
Old Jan 2, 2002, 1:40 pm

Other sources for earning HH points:
-hilton stays
-AMEX membership rewards points
-dining miles (then transfer the miles as described above)
-AMex or Visa Hhonors enrollment bonus, then daily spending with the card. (10,000 bonus, then 2 to 3 points per dollar spent)
-HH shopping
-E-rewards
-my points
-Countrywide home loans. I got 35,000 from this for a refinance.
-profile updates (2,000 points per quarter)
-there is possibly a telephone long distance deal with Hhonors but I can't remember.
Old Jan 2, 2002, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
If want to use AMEX points, launder them through Delta if time permits.

1 AMEX point converts to 1 HHonors point
or
1 AMEX point converts to 1 DL mile, which converts to 2 HHonors points
Old Jan 2, 2002, 11:18 pm

Actually, 1,000 MR poins convert to 1,300 Hhonors points but it's pointless because, as pointed out, going through an airline first will net you 2,000.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 6:44 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
Don't forget Radisson / Goldpoints ==&gt; airline ==&gt; Hilton, although the triple points promo is over.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 9:08 am
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pointman:

-Countrywide home loans. I got 35,000 from this for a refinance.
</font>
Can you point to a link on this one ?

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"
Old Jan 3, 2002, 9:15 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dcwcce:
Can you point to a link on this one ?

</font>
http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/poi...ml#countrywide
Old Jan 4, 2002, 9:15 am

Could one of you help me with the Delta &gt; HH conversion - I have 6500 'orphan' Delta miles that I would like to convert - what do I do? Is this a phone transaction with Delta or can I do it online? Any help would be appreciated, either by posting here or emailing me at [email protected]
Thanks in Advance, Lynne
Old Jan 4, 2002, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
5,000 DL miles = 10,000 HH points
Old Jan 4, 2002, 2:14 pm

Do a search in the Hilton forum. Several times people have posted the award codes. Just call delta, redeem the award and they will mail you a certificate, which you must then send to Hilton...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.