Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2003, 4:50 am
Suspended

You could stay at a local low cost Hilton/Hampton property as well, which would be the fastest. MyPoints can take forever sometimes.
Old May 1, 2003, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Isn't the 1000 HH points just $12.50?
Old May 1, 2003, 5:50 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
They can give you up to 3000 points - for Customer Service Reasons - like if you call and they can't help you OR to pacify you in case of a complaint, etc. I once got that without asking That's how I know about it.
Old May 1, 2003, 9:44 am

If they won't just give it to you, get a GMAC insurance quote, get 1,000 points. Make sure you do it by phone instead of internet, it seems to post in 2-3 days that way. Do a search in this forum for the link, I don't have it handy. I believe it is also on the HHonors website.
Old May 1, 2003, 11:01 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
http://www.gmacinsurance.com/hhonors/default1.asp
Old May 1, 2003, 9:54 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
Need 8k points quick for the ALON deadline. Help!

Any ideas on how to get 8 k points by end of may Posted to my acct. I could merge my husband's acct into mine (he has 12k) and i have 192 k but he's the one w/gold till april 04 and i just went silver. If i could transfer miles into points i'd be okay but how long does that take? i have AA, Delta, Northwest and some 6k Alaska orphan miles.
Old May 2, 2003, 12:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by T Q:
Any ideas on how to get 8 k points by end of may Posted to my acct. I could merge my husband's acct into mine (he has 12k) and i have 192 k but he's the one w/gold till april 04 and i just went silver. If i could transfer miles into points i'd be okay but how long does that take? i have AA, Delta, Northwest and some 6k Alaska orphan miles.</font>
The only miles that will transfer will be the AA miles - they may or may not make it in 30 days without paying AA an expedite fee.

That having been said, though, you can merge the two accounts into one (do a search on Mutual Fund accounts), and both accounts will reflect the higher status. In essence, you go from Silver to Gold.

Mike

Old May 2, 2003, 5:09 am
Suspended

You could sign up for the 50% extra promo, then stay at four cheap Hamptons. :-) That might put you over the top.

SHADO
Old May 2, 2003, 7:35 am

One of the HH credit cards has a 10K sign up bonus.

I believe HH will "lend" you the points if you dont have them and ask nice.
Old May 2, 2003, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
If nothing else works out you can always buy points for $12.50 per 1000 from Hilton.
Old May 2, 2003, 8:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Westcoaster:
If nothing else works out you can always buy points for $12.50 per 1000 from Hilton.</font>
And I believe that points purchased are credited immediately, so you can wait it out for transfers/stays/etc. to post until the last minute, and then purchase the points needed at the last minute.
Old May 2, 2003, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Silver, USAir Silver HH Silver
I recently applied for HH CITI Visa, the 10,000 posted as soon as I used the card, before I got the first bill.
Old May 2, 2003, 10:07 am
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
Thanks for all the great ideas! I may try the acct merge if they'll give us the gold with my account # as the survivor so that my hh amex charges can continue to dump into that acct. We have a HHV stay next easter reserved and we would like to be gold for that.

Lots of good ideas! Thanks much
Old May 2, 2003, 11:21 am

TQ,

Do you have a MyPoints account? If you are a new member there are a lot of free Mypoints you can earn by taking surveys, visiting sites, clicking on emails etc. They also have a Tupperware promotion where you can earn 800 Mypoints for each purchase, minimum $10 GC, which you can then turn around and use the gift certificate to purchase a Tupperware product and earn another 800 MyPoints. These points post over night into your account. There is lots of information on how to earn free MyPoints over on the Spam thread.

Keep in mind that Mypoints transfers points into Hilton on Thursdays, so if you request the transfer on Thursday they will show up in your account on Friday. The transfer rate is one Hilton Point for every MyPoint.

I really think it's worth a try to see how many free and affordable points you can earn there. Even if you can't earn the entire 8K it should be a good start. Good luck!!
Old May 2, 2003, 11:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SHADO:
You could sign up for the 50% extra promo, then stay at four cheap Hamptons. :-) That might put you over the top.

SHADO
</font>
If you do this, make sure you book online and pay with a Visa card to earn DOUBLE base points starting June 1st ~ August 31.

Sorry I originally thought this promotion began May 1st. so this will not help you for the VIP award

[This message has been edited by Always Travel Ready (edited 05-02-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.