Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2003, 11:55 am

I think the easiest way would be to purchase 1000 pts. for $12.50 directly from HHonors and I believe they are instantly available for redemption.
Old May 2, 2003, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Always Travel Ready:
TQ,

Do you have a MyPoints account? ..

Keep in mind that Mypoints transfers points into Hilton on Thursdays, so if you request the transfer on Thursday they will show up in your account on Friday. The transfer rate is one Hilton Point for every MyPoint.
</font>
Is MyPoints to HHonors still working? I did a transfer (UK MP) over a month ago and nothing has turned up in my Hilton account, an email to MyPoints.co.uk got a curt 'speak to Hilton' .. first time there has been a problem and I just wondered if the situation with United was starting to cause problems?

Old May 2, 2003, 1:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
Do I need to transfer in mypts/buy 1000, or is there an easier way&gt;</font>
If you have the points in MyPoints, why not use them? They are very quick to post.
MyPoints transfers points over to Hilton on Thursday evenings. You should be able to view them in you account sometime during the afternoon on Friday.

Old May 2, 2003, 6:08 pm
prh

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
I've heard rumors that Hilton has reinstated the 1,000 pt bonus for updating your profile. If true, that just requires you to go in and change something like bed preference.
Old May 3, 2003, 7:25 am

with mypoints...you could buy two tupperware gift certificates (separate link clicks from their site)...get 1600 points...mother's day is coming up anyway
Old May 6, 2003, 9:14 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I hope that MyPoints is quicker about posting their HH rewards to your account quicker than they are about sending out other rewards and/or for posting points for purchases on their website. Are you a member of e-rewards? I, and others, have noted that those transfers are virtually instantatneous.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:43 am

Need help topping points off for GLON

Hi everyone,

Need your help here. I've got a big 6-day NY trip coming up next month, from 8/2-8/8. I would really like to use the GLON award to pay for this trip, but am a little short on points. I currently have around 123k points, still about 27k short of the 150k needed for the GLON award.

If any of you can advise how to get a hold of 27k points quickly, in around a week's time frame, it would be tremendously appreciated. Granted, one of the way is to somehow obtain 7k, and buy the remaining 20k for $250. It may still be a better alternative than paying average of $200 * 6 ~ $1400 after tax for thet trip.

Much thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Old Jul 22, 2003, 7:54 am

Have you already checked to see if you can get a Glon reservation.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:16 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
To clarify.... GLON no longer exists.

Guessing you mean GLON2

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rewards/vip.jhtml
Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:31 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Using 10,000 miles from AA or CO, though the CO transfers take forever. Also, only good for orphan miles as the miles are worth more, IMHO, than the HH points, except at certain properties, i.e. Cannes Hilton, Rome, Waldorf, where the room rates are usually high. Of course, these are the places that are difficult to get award nights.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:51 am

That's right, you got me I meant GLON2

Jabez, do you mean Hilton may offer a GLON type reward even though I may be some what short?

Does United Mileage transfer into Hilton? I have a lot of those spare.

Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
MyPoints.com transfers 1 to 1 with HH if you already have a account and balance with them. UA no longer converts to HH. I have transferred around 10K mypoints to HH in the last 6 months. The transfer is pretty quick. There is also Erewards.com. Then just buy the rest. Your time frame is a bit short though. Good luck and have fun. A previous poster asked if you had already checked for availability for the reward. That is a good idea before you go through all the trouble gathering points.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 9:54 pm

need 500 Hilton Points quick

Greetings all - other than buying 1000 points for $12.50 form hilton can you suggest another way to get 500 points quick?
Old Jul 29, 2003, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Transfer Amex MR points to HH or try CO-&gt;Amtrak-&gt;HH

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 07-29-2003).]
Old Jul 30, 2003, 11:57 am

1,000 Hilton points here (but you may have less than 48 hours to get them as there has been talk of this offer expiring July 31):

http://www.gmacinsurance.com/hhonors/

[This message has been edited by jmartin (edited 07-30-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.