Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2005, 4:43 pm

Call honors and ask them to loan you the extra points. Any good business will do this. Many simply give it to you. Only a lame company like Delta Airlines will refuse. If not, pay for it and take your business elsewhere after they refuse. Companies who refuse will usually cost you more money in the future when they find something in the fine print of their own contracts in which to deny you with.
Old May 29, 2005, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was a few hundred points short for an award cert and called to buy the points before booking the award over the phone. The CS rep comped them to me instead. I was silver or gold at the time; not sure if that makes any difference.

Last edited by linsj; May 30, 2005 at 6:00 am
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:11 pm

Still missing points...

Originally Posted by linsj
I was a few hundred points short for an award cert and called to buy the points before booking the award over the phone. The CS rep comped them to me instead. I was silver or gold at the time; not sure if that makes any difference.
As I am just the plain blue ordinary member, I was not given the 264 missing points.
The survey is not available for european members.
Any advice and help most welcome.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Relocating temporarily is an option in order to receive the 500 My Way points.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 1:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Aren't we talking about 8 or 10 Euros here? I'd just buy the points if I was within 1000 of an award.

Actually last summer I transferred 3000 Amex Membership Rewards points when I was about 3000 points short of a couple of nights in london.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 2:05 pm

Thanks

Originally Posted by kipper
Relocating temporarily is an option in order to receive the 500 My Way points.
Thanks. Maybe a little tricky, but it worked just fine...
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:06 am

Programs: Continental Silver Elite, *wood Gold, HHonors Gold, WN
Improved HHonors AmEx offer link (up to 25k)

This probably belongs here--

Earn 15,000 bonus points with your very first purchase*
Earn an additional 10,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points - that's 2,500 Hilton HHonors bonus points for each of your first four stays at any Hilton Family Hotel
Get 5 Hilton HHonors® bonus points for each eligible dollar spent on stays at over 2,700 Hilton Family hotels worldwide and for eligible purchases at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, dining establishments, the U.S. Postal Service, and for wireless phone bills
Get 3 HHonors bonus points for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases
Double Dip® and earn both hotel points and airline miles for the same stay
at HHonors hotels

https://www66.americanexpress.com/ca...=EzI%2Ap8oPimU
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:08 am

Programs: Continental Silver Elite, *wood Gold, HHonors Gold, WN
Also an improved HHonors Visa Link (15k)

http://citi-creditcards.bridgetrack....or_program.htm

# You'll receive 15,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points the very first time you use your card, no matter how big or small your purchase.* These 15,000 bonus points are enough for two night's stays at participating Hilton Family hotels.*

# You'll receive three HHonors bonus points for every dollar spent using the card at Hilton Family hotels, plus two HHonors bonus points for each dollar spent on net purchases (that's purchases less returns).

# You'll be able to Double Dip® and receive both Hilton HHonors points and airline miles for the same stay at over 2,500 hotels and more than 55 participating airlines.

# Complimentary Silver VIP membership for first year of cardmembership.

# You'll enjoy a special 2.99% introductory APR** on purchases and balance transfers for six months from account open date.

# Unlike other rewards cards, there's no annual fee.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Fly2005
This probably belongs here--

Earn 15,000 bonus points with your very first purchase*
Earn an additional 10,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points - that's 2,500 Hilton HHonors bonus points for each of your first four stays at any Hilton Family Hotel
Get 5 Hilton HHonors® bonus points for each eligible dollar spent on stays at over 2,700 Hilton Family hotels worldwide and for eligible purchases at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, dining establishments, the U.S. Postal Service, and for wireless phone bills
Get 3 HHonors bonus points for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases
Double Dip® and earn both hotel points and airline miles for the same stay
at HHonors hotels

https://www66.americanexpress.com/ca...=EzI%2Ap8oPimU
Thanks Fly2005! I just applied and got the Amex Hilton Card.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
You can redeem 1,000 American Express Membership Rewards points for 1,300 Hilton HHonors points.
Does anyone here really go this route? 1,000 MR points = 1,000 HA miles = 2,000 HH points.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to keep things up to date: with the Hilton Platinum AMEX card, you can now get five points/$ at supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores, and when paying for wireless phone bills.

I got my Hilton AMEX a little over a year ago, and got a second one (free) for my wife, since she does most of the grocery shopping. I run a lot of stuff through that card, and I think I've netted about 100,000 points with ordinary spending since I've received it. Not bad at all.

In addition, if you spend $20K/year or more through the card, you get an automatic Hilton Gold elite status for the next year. The rumor is that if you spend $50K, you get Diamond, but I've yet to see that confirmed.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 3:45 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, Rapid Rewards, Hertz, Hilton Honors, Marriott rewards
Christmas deal

Blindfaith, I can't find this offer - have gone to my points and registered, then to Overstocks - where is the link to this deal (or is it gone)

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:40 am

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by Nancy D
Blindfaith, I can't find this offer - have gone to my points and registered, then to Overstocks - where is the link to this deal (or is it gone)

Thanks for your help!
Are you talking about the deal posted for LAST YEAR's Christmas season? I guess the thread is a bit out of date.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
From the HH website:

Stays that are booked via third party websites other than the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status.
Simple (I hope) question: If I have to book Hilton via AMEX Travel's website (itn.net) for business reasons...do I get points for the stay (10 pts/$$)? From the above it would seem to be ZERO.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Marriott, American
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
From the HH website:

Simple (I hope) question: If I have to book Hilton via AMEX Travel's website (itn.net) for business reasons...do I get points for the stay (10 pts/$$)? From the above it would seem to be ZERO.
I highly doubt that Hhonors, who's had a longstanding partnership with AMEX in various ways, would dare not give you points for booking through the AMEX travel website,especially for business purposes.
This is how they get a vast amount of their business, doing business with AMEX.

Now if you booked your stay on cheapscatedeals.com, then they might give you a hard time about getting your hhonors points.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.