Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton Honors Points” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2004, 2:54 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Need 500 more points for a reward, anyone have ideas?

Hello, my wife's account which is never used is just 500 points away from a reward stay. Does anyone have any ideas how to get 500 points without a lot of effort?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 13, 2004, 3:00 pm
cjd

you can purchase points

from the HHonors website:
HHonors members can now purchase up to 20,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points per calendar year that can be used towards hotel stays, airline tickets or any other Hilton HHonors reward. Purchases may be made in increments of 1,000 points, and each 1,000 points are available for only US$12.50. This offer is available worldwide, however your credit card will be charged in U.S. dollars
Old Jun 13, 2004, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton HHonors Points” Thread

There have been many, many threads devoted to earning Hilton HHonors points either to:
  • Top off a Hilton HHonors account for an award, or
  • Keep a Hilton HHonors account active to prevent the account from being closed, thereby forfeiting all of the points that were in the account.
This thread is devoted to offering all of the different ways to earn Hilton HHonors points, including limited-time-only special offers. This way, all of the other threads pertaining to this topic — especially future ones that will not have to be launched — will not be necessary.

Much of what is posted here can be found at the official Hilton HHonors Internet web site, where more details can be found about each offer.

Any assistance from fellow Hilton HHonors FlyerTalk members would be greatly appreciated.

I will update this first post as necessary to keep the information in this thread up to date.

---------------------

LIMITED TIME OFFERS
  • HiltonHHonors Mypoints Christmas shopping extravaganza Please see this milepost for more details.
HOTEL STAYS
  • Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, and Hilton Garden Inn Earn 10 Base points for each eligible U.S. dollar charged to your room, including telephone and room service charges for eligible rate stays at all participating hotels.
  • Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Homewood Suites by Hilton Earn 10 Base points per dollar spent on room rate only for eligible rate stays.
  • Scandic hotels Earn 1,000 Base points per night.
ELITE LEVEL BONUS POINTS
While you are a VIP member of the following Hilton HHonors Elite levels, earn the following bonuses on all Hilton HHonors Base points credited:
  • Silver 15% bonus
  • Gold 25% bonus
  • Diamond 50% bonus
GROUPS, EVENTS & MEETINGS
Note: Ensure that the event and the property both qualify to earn Hilton HHonors points!
  • United States, Canada and Carribean Earn one HHonors bonus point and one airline mile for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on guest rooms and meeting room rental.
  • Latin America Earn 1,000 HHonors bonus points and 1,000 miles for every ten guest rooms booked in conjunction with the event, up to 50,000 bonus points and 50,000 miles per event.
  • Asia, Pacific and Middle East Earn one HHonors bonus point and one airline mile for every eligible US dollar spent at all HHonors hotels throughout the Middle East and Asia Pacific with the exception of Japan. In Japan, Event Planners earn one HHonors bonus point and one airline mile for every eligible 150 spent.
  • Europe and Africa Earn 5,000 HHonors points and 500 airline miles (or equivalent) per qualifying night.
CAR RENTALS
Earn 250 HHonors bonus points on all qualifying vehicle rentals whenever you rent from the following rental car companies:
  • Alamo Car Rental*
  • Avis Car Rental Effective now through December 31, 2004 at all participating Avis locations worldwide. Just present your Hilton HHonors account number when making your car rental reservation or at the Avis counter.
  • Europcar, even if the rental is not in conjunction with a stay at a Hilton HHonors hotel. Please quote your Hilton HHonors account number when making a reservation and present your Hilton HHonors membership card at time of rental. [put membership level information here]
  • National Car Rental*
  • Sixt Car Rental, even if your rental is not in conjunction with a stay at an HHonors hotel. To qualify, just present your Hilton HHonors membership card when collecting your Sixt car.
  • Thrifty Car Rental*
*In conjunction with a qualifying stay at any Hilton HHonors hotel. To qualify, present your car rental agreement or car keys when you check in at any Hilton HHonors hotel.
PUBLICATIONS PURCHASES
  • The Wall Street Journal Earn 2,000 Hilton HHonors points when purchasing a 30-week subscription to The Wall Street Journal for US$99.00, or earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors points when purchasing a 17-week subscription to The Wall Street Journal for US$59.00
  • USA TODAY® Earn 5,000 Hilton HHonors points when purchasing a one-year subscription to USA TODAY® for US$119.00, or earn 2,000 Hilton HHonors points when purchasing a six-month subscription to USA TODAY® for US$71.50, or earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors points when purchasing a three-month subscription to USA TODAY® for US$34.50.
CREDIT CARDS
Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express
  • Earn 3 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every U.S. dollar (or U.S. dollar equivalent) charged for everyday purchases anywhere American Express® Cards are welcome.
  • Earn 5 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every U.S. dollar (or U.S. dollar equivalent) charged at Hilton HHonors hotels.
  • Additionally, earn 10,000 Hilton HHonors points when you make your first purchase with the Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card.
Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card from Citibank
  • Earn 2 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every U.S. dollar (or U.S. dollar equivalent) charged for everyday purchases anywhere Visa cards are accepted.
  • Earn 3 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every U.S. dollar (or U.S. dollar equivalent) charged at Hilton HHonors hotels.
  • Additionally, earn 10,000 Hilton HHonors points when you make your first purchase with the Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card.
Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card
  • Earn 2 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every one pound spent.
  • Earn 3 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every one pound spent on stays at Hilton HHonors hotels in addition to the points you earn for your stay as an HHonors member.
  • Additionally, earn 5,000 Hilton HHonors points after your first spend with the card.
This card is valid only for residents of the United Kingdom.
FINANCE & REAL ESTATE
  • Earn 3,250 Hilton HHonors points for every US$10,000.00 financed for your home.
  • Earn 6,500 Hilton HHonors points for every US$10,000.00 for every US$10,000.00 in home value, whether the home is bought or sold.
  • Earn 2,500 Hilton HHonors points for every US$1,000.00 for van line moving services.
  • Earn 3,250 Hilton HHonors points for every US$10,000.00 for refinancing a home.
  • Earn 3,250 Hilton HHonors points for every US$10,000.00 borrowed for a home equity loan.
  • Additionally, earn 10,000 bonus Hilton HHonors points when any of the above services are combined.
Capital One Auto Finance
  • Earn 7,000 Hilton HHonors points for a vehicle loan.
SIRVA Relocation
  • Earn 5,000 Hilton HHonors points for every US$10,000.00 in home value (the minimum home value must be US$75,000.00), whether the home is bought or sold.
  • Additionally, earn up to 2,500 bonus Hilton HHonors points for a self-move truck rental and up to 5,000 bonus Hilton HHonors points for van line moving services.
MISCELLANEOUS
  • BostonCoach® Earn 250 Hilton HHonors bonus points when you book executive sedan service with BostonCoach®.
  • Critics Choice® Video Earn 10 Hilton HHonors bonus points per dollar on the latest DVD and VHS releases. For a limited time, you can earn 10 points per dollar spent, plus an additional 500 points on your first purchase of at least $75 when you buy the latest in DVD and VHS releases from Critics' Choice Video.
  • EarthLink® Subscribe to EarthLink Internet service and earn 12,500 Hilton HHonors bonus points after six paid months.
  • eBay Exchange 1,000 eBay Anything Points into 1,000 Hilton HHonors points. eBay Anything Points members may exchange up to 25,000 Hilton HHonors points per transaction in 1,000 points increments. The Anything Points program gives eBay users extra spending power on eBay.com. Members can spend Anything Points on virtually anything on eBay where PayPal is accepted. In order to take advantage of this offer, you need to register on eBay.com as well as be a member of the Anything Points program. Please visit http://anythingpoints.ebay.com/hhonors to learn more about the Anything Points program and to exchange your Anything Points into HHonors bonus points.
  • FTD.COM Earn 500 Hilton HHonors bonus points at FTD.COM each time you send flowers or gifts.
  • Mobistar Earn 500 Hilton HHonors bonus points the very first time you use the Mobistar network in Belgium when enrolling online. Once you have joined you will earn Hilton HHonors bonus points every time you use your mobile phone on the Mobistar network in Belgium. Call the UK for example and earn one Hilton HHonors bonus point per minute. The International Bonus programme is only valid for HHonors members travelling to Belgium — it does not apply to HHonors members who live in Belgium.
  • MyPoints® Receive 1,000 Hilton HHonors points in exchange for every 1,000 MyPoints® Points, plus earn 500 HHonors bonus points when you sign up with MyPoints.com for free.
  • PeoplePC Online Earn 7000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points after two paid months of PeoplePC Online service for US$10.95 per month. This offer is for US HHonors members only. To sign up or for additional information, visit www.peoplepc.com/go/hhonors or call 1-888-5-TRYNOW and mention offer code: HHonors.
  • RewardPlanner Earn 1,500 Hilton HHonors points for purchasing a US$40.00 annual membership to the RewardPlanner Travel Service.
  • City of Hope Earn 5,000 Hilton HHonors points for registering online to participate in a Walk for Hope event to help fight breast cancer by helping to find a cure.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 18, 2004 at 1:43 am
Old Jun 13, 2004, 3:41 pm

How to Keep Your Hilton HHonors Account Active

In addition to earning points as outlined in the previous post, one can keep one’s Hilton HHonors account active by:
  • Transfer miles and/or points
  • Award stay
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES
  • e-rewards Exchange US$25.00 for 1,000 Hilton HHonors points or US$50.00 for 3,000 Hilton HHonors points.
  • American Express Membership Rewards Redeem 1,000 American Express Membership Rewards points for 1,300 Hilton HHonors points.
PURCHASE HILTON HHONORS POINTS
Purchase up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points per calendar year, which can be used towards any Hilton HHonors reward. Purchases may be made in increments of 1,000 points, and each 1,000 points are available for only US$12.50. When purchasing at least 10,000 Hilton HHonors Points at one time, the cost is only US$0.01 per point. This offer is available worldwide — however, credit cards will be charged in United States dollars.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 18, 2004 at 1:20 am
Old Jun 13, 2004, 4:22 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I don't understand your airline section. I thought you were making a list of ways to earn Hilton points.

There are only a few airlines which allow exchange of airline miles for Hilton points like American, Virgin, Lan Chile, South African, Midwest, Aero California. I don't even know if all of these are valid any longer since so many of the airlines have dropped out of the miles to points exchange in the past year.

The list you have are the airline programs that you can earn miles with on a Hilton paid stay.

Diners Club and Amex Exchange are other ways to earn Hilton points.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by satori
I don't understand your airline section. I thought you were making a list of ways to earn Hilton points.
You are correct — thank you for catching me on that, satori. I had it backwards.

One can earn miles on a partner airline, not Hilton HHonors points from traveling on that airline.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was 1000 points short, called to buy the miles and get the award, and the CS rep comped them for me. Worth a try.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 5:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Such courtesy credits are not unusual. If you get turned down, just call back. Find someone in a cheerful (generous) mood. I think they can do up to 5,000 points credit.

And you might want to check out www.MyPoints.com

Earn MyPoints for reading e-mail. Transfer 1,000 MP into 1,000 HH points. Should take about two weeks I'd guess.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 8:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up

Excellent thread, Canarsie!! The way to maximize points and miles is the main reason for the existence of FT. And your initial post is a great glossary to which everyone can refer. Updating the initial post on a regular basis with the input of other FT'ers is invaluable in that we won't have to search through pages and pages of posts to find the pertinent information.
This is especially useful to me as Hilton is my secondary hotel chain and I'm not as familiar with the opportunities at Hilton as I am with Marriott.
Thanks for your work here.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thumbs up Great thread, Canarsie!

Go, Canarsie! Great idea...

As I am replete with AA miles this year, I signed up on the HHonors website for the offer of 50% bonus miles instead of the 500 airline miles per stay. This offer is good through December 31, 1004 (I am thinking they may extend this in some modified way, as this is a longer repeat of a similar offer.)

As a Diamond member, I'm getting 100% base miles, of course, and 100% bonus miles (plus any other offers I can use, like Tokyo Narita Hilton's 2nd anniversary offer of double bonus miles, or their BB + 1k bonus...)

This thread bares watching!
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:21 pm

Love the post and the info Canarsie!

Don't forget Erewards:

$25 level
1,000 Hilton HHonors Points - Deposited to your HHonors account.

$50 level
3,000 Hilton HHonors Points - Deposited to your HHonors account
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Rewards Network (iDine)

While not directly affiliated with Hilton, they do earn Mypoints that convert 1:1, so basically the same thing if one is intrested.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:29 am
cjd

UK Credit Card

Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card — Earn 2 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every one spent. Earn 3 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every one spent on stays at Hilton HHonors hotels in addition to the points you earn for your stay as an HHonors member. Additionally, earn 5,000 Hilton HHonors points after your first spend with the card. This card is valid only for residents of the United Kingdom.

Hi Canarsie,
The above quote from the credit card section should relate to UK pounds spent. Eg:2 HHonors points for every pound spent. 3 points for every pound spent at Hilton Hotels. All foreign currency is converted back to pounds on the card statement and then HHonors points awarded.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:24 am

Programs: UA slave, DL hostage, HGP tool, HH captive, SPG reject
thanks for the great post ^ ^ ^

Originally Posted by Canarsie
eBay Exchange 1,000 eBay Anything Points into 1,000 Hilton HHonors points. eBay Anything Points members may exchange up to 25,000 Hilton HHonors points per transaction in 1,000 points increments.
with the AA promo at points.com that runs through the end of June you can launder your ebay points through AA and get a 2-1 exchange rate, something like 5000 ebay points -> 5000 AA miles -> 10000 HHonors.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 12:08 pm

You should also be able to get 1000 points pretty easily from erewards (for $25 in erewards points). You should be able to earn the $25 by taking advantage of some of the earn points now offers. If you have more time and feel like reading some emails, the exchange rate for 3000 points ($50) is better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.