Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by adobbing
Hi

As in thread title I am looking for suggestions for Hilton properties north of London which are both close to a tube station (preferably northern line) and offer free or cheap parking.
I need to attend an event in London next Tuesday, when there may be strikes at Heathrow (as yet not confirmed).
As there may well be drink involved, I need a Hotel close enough to get back to by tube, where I can leave my car at on the way down.
So the important features are proximity to tube station and not getting fleeced for congestion charge and parking. Also sensible number of points for a rewards stay.

All suggestions welcome!
Tricky one that, the only one that springs to mind is Hilton Watford ( Free parking ) , no tube but train service is nearby if I remember correctly........ if it was me I would choose doubletree excel as it has free parking too and reachable by tube / DLR , Doubletree Greenwich is easy too but parking is pre booked @£20......obviously the last two are not in north London but depends on how important to be reached by tube / DLR

Last edited by wizla; Aug 1, 2019 at 4:35 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:43 am

A bit further across but if you are coming in by car I guess it's not too much more of a journey - the West Park Lodge is a few minutes by taxi from Cockfosters station at the end of the Piccadilly Line, or around a 10 minutes walk (approx). I'm fairly sure parking is free for guests (it was when I last stayed there).

https://www.westlodgepark.co.uk

Hope this is of use.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:58 am

Maybe more west than north but DT Ealing has a car park and is two mins from Ealing Common Station (District and Piccadilly lines)
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
+1 to Ealing.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Thanks for suggestions, I’ve weighed up the various benefits/ issues and Ealing may be the best option.

Is the parking £14.50 per day, or do they discount for Diamonds at all?
Presumably it’s chargeable to the room?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Was thinking of Watford myself, but remembered that it’s a taxi ride or bus to the Station.
I stayed once thinking it was walkable, but found out the hard way!
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:12 am
Suspended

Hilton Angel and DoubleTree Angel. Both are near the Northern Line. Where exactly is the event?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:24 am

Wembley is also an option, close to tube and rail. Parking used to be free but now chargeable.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Event is actually a funeral near Wimbledon, which is miles from the nearest Hilton!

Plan A is I’m flying down and back the same day, next Tuesday.

Plan B comes into play if the planned strike at Heathrow, means I can’t get down there from the Northwest and have to drive down.

Was looking for somewhere where I could leave the car and then get the tube direct to Tooting Broadway tune station, quickly!

Wembley might also be a good option for me to consider!
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Hilton Angel and DoubleTree Angel. Both are near the Northern Line. Where exactly is the event?
Near Wimbledon, did look at those two but the parking looks a bit costly and awkward.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 17, 2021 at 8:37 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Event is actually a funeral near Wimbledon, which is miles from the nearest Hilton!

Plan A is I’m flying down and back the same day, next Tuesday.

Plan B comes into play if the planned strike at Heathrow, means I can’t get down there from the Northwest and have to drive down.

Was looking for somewhere where I could leave the car and then get the tube direct to Tooting Broadway tune station, quickly!

Wembley might also be a good option for me to consider!
Definitely doubletree Greenwich if it was me, Wimbledon reachable by bus/ tube....your call though.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Oneworld
Doubletree Kingston upon Thames. Brand new hotel opened last year. Great location by the river. You can take the train to Wimbledon in about 10 minutes, Earlsfield in 14 mins. Trains run every 15 minutes. The hotel is about 200 meters from the the station. There are also lots of bus options.

Last edited by BrianWBrazil; Aug 1, 2019 at 12:55 pm
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Doubletree Kingston upon Thames. Brand new hotel opened last year. Great location by the river. You can take the train to Wimbledon in about 10 minutes, Earlsfield in 14 mins. Trains run every 15 minutes. The hotel is about 200 meters from the the station. There are also lots of bus options.
Good point!...... I completely forgot about that one, I’ve not stayed but did pop inside for a coffee last summer, looked nice.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If it doesn’t have to be a Hilton try the Village, Elstree as it’s just off the M1 and a 5 minute cab ride to Edgware tube. Plenty of free parking.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:44 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Actually the parking situation at Kingston is not that great, but it would be the closest to Wimbledon. Park on Hampton Court Road (council paid), or free on the residential roads around Hampton Wick station then walk to the hotel. Otherwise I feel Ealing would be best, free parking on Warwick Road by Ealing Common 3pm to 11am.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Well, I don't know what to compare it with, but 12.50 for 24 hours parking seems like a reasonable fee considering the convenience of the hotel to the intended destination and the cost of rooms at that hotel. When I stay there I mentally add the parking to the room rate of the hotel and find that I am still getting a bargain compared to the rates of the more centrally-positioned hotels.

Last edited by BrianWBrazil; Aug 2, 2019 at 2:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.