Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom (to 2015)

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 5, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:55 am

Arrow [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

I have a flight coming up for my family and am going to use points for 2 twin rooms at gatwick.

Both the hilton and hampton are 30,000 a room, so price is not a factor.

The Hampton is new and in the north. Hilton is old and in the south. I am arriving via train (south) and flying from the north, so have to take the monorail regardless. thus north v south is irrelevant to me.

Reviews for the Hampton are good. Hilton are mixed. However I am aware that reviewers expect much more from the Hilton so the negative reviews must be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'm unlikely to be eating in either and definitely wont be having breakfast in the hotel so the Hampton's free breakfast is not an issue

So with the cost neutral. Which of the hotels is best?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
IMHO if you are booking (or can expect an upgrade from status) to an executive room in the new wing of the Hilton Gatwick then book that. That will give you a modern room and access to the lounge which gets busy but has a good spread.

Otherwise I might be tempted by the Hampton.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:20 am

No status. Using miles earned from e-rewards surveys!

Standard rooms all the way.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Unless you get in the new wing of the Hilton, I would recommend the Hampton. The Hilton is very tired (except for the new wing).

The Hampton is very convenient for North Terminal which is a bit of a trek away from the Hilton.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:32 am

Thanks. Looks like the Hampton then!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:21 pm

For what it's worth, I'd go for the Hampton every time. Service is much better and far more friendly than the Hilton.

The Hilton is old, tired (apart from the new wing) and not worthy of its tariff. Food is at best mediocre and staff are rude, on a good day. You also have a heck of a walk to get to the new wing.

So, yes, go for the Hampton every time.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
We'll be in London mid january. Need a hotel which is close to the Picadilly line, so that we can quickly get to the airport via tube, so my favourite hotels Canary Wharf and Wembley are pretty much out of the question. I've seen that the Doubletree Kensington is available for a cheap price. Would you recommend that hotel? Where does it rank compared to the Wembley and Canary Wharf?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by grayh
We'll be in London mid january. Need a hotel which is close to the Picadilly line, so that we can quickly get to the airport via tube, so my favourite hotels Canary Wharf and Wembley are pretty much out of the question. I've seen that the Doubletree Kensington is available for a cheap price. Would you recommend that hotel? Where does it rank compared to the Wembley and Canary Wharf?
Does it have to the tube? You can stay in Paddington, and take the expensive HEX or the cheaper slower normal train to get there.

If booked at longer notice, you can get a lot cheaper HEX tickets too. 90 days in advance you can get 12 return, which great compared to the 44 pounds it would cost you at the station...
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by grayh
Hilton Park Lane is very close
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:41 am

New Year Eve 2016 London

Hi all

Looking at nye 2016 and just wondering what hotel will be the best to watch the fireworks?

Thanks

Last edited by craigmmorq4; Jan 16, 2016 at 10:11 am Reason: Missed London
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Err assume you mean London?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:11 am

Yes sorry lol

Originally Posted by wizla
Err assume you mean London?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Thank You Citi Rewards
Hey guys,

Will be making my first visit to London with my wife and 1 year old. After reading several pages of reviews from many sites, I've decided to narrow my list to the Conrad St. James vs The Trafalgar Hotel. I'm also a Diamond member for Hilton btw...

Which hotel do you guys recommend? We want to do a lot of the tourist stuffs, shop and eat a lot. Any help will be awesome!

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Chimmy31
Hey guys,

Will be making my first visit to London with my wife and 1 year old. After reading several pages of reviews from many sites, I've decided to narrow my list to the Conrad St. James vs The Trafalgar Hotel. I'm also a Diamond member for Hilton btw...

Which hotel do you guys recommend? We want to do a lot of the tourist stuffs, shop and eat a lot. Any help will be awesome!

Thanks!
Trafalgar- better location.

Conrad- better hotel/property/amenities.

If you are ok walking 20-30 minutes at a clip I would suggest the Conrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.