Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a property and room-type specific question. Anecdotes about what happened elsewhere some other time won't be helpful at check in.

The simple answer is to do what others did, call the property, explain the situation and move from there.

You don't want to find out at check-in that your room-type won't handle 3 and that there are no rewards for the room you need, so it's cash.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I called the West End Doubletree and they said they can put an extra mattress on the floor if the worst comes to the worst and they can't upgrade me. ^
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:49 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I called the West End Doubletree and they said they can put an extra mattress on the floor if the worst comes to the worst and they can't upgrade me. ^
Hopefully you get an upgrade as Diamond.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Question

Question about best upscale Hilton with full service lounge.
I prefer the Hilton Canary Wharf, but I would like a different Hilton this time.
Any tips for a upscale Hilton in center London with Ex.lounge with spirits and full breakfast for Diamonds?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Question about best upscale Hilton with full service lounge.
I prefer the Hilton Canary Wharf, but I would like a different Hilton this time.
Any tips for a upscale Hilton in center London with Ex.lounge with spirits and full breakfast for Diamonds?
I too use Canary Wharf as my " go to " hilton on trips to London but the Waldorf is my actual favourite, exec lounge is great with quality spirits and prosseco, get there early in the eve as it does get busy sometimes.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:44 pm

Which Hilton property do you recommend in London to use the 2 free nights certificate

Hi,

I have two free night certificate and thinking to redeem them in London. Which Hilton property will have the best value to redeem? Conrad or Hilton London The Waldorf? Which property will have better lounge access and free upgrade opportunities for Diamond member?

Also does Diamond get free breakfast at those two properties?

Side question, will Waldorf Astoria Chicago have better redemption value over those two London properties?

thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
HHD Award stay or free night should be treated the same as a paid stay (unlike with IHG)

If not limited by brand (like a BMG cert) then consider what you want most from use of certs and from hotel eg priciest use, location, bigger/newer rooms, xxx in walking distance

My vote = 1st Choice CONRAD, 2nd Choice Hilton Trafalgar, 3rd Choice Waldorf Hilton, 4th Choice Park Lane

1. Hilton-PL ... Not one outstanding thing to recommend staying here
Exec rooms rather small and eg a deluxe with no view is bigger and has bath+shower whereas some Exec Room with hydepark view is tiny and bathroom is shower only bathroom. Lounge so so, restaurant breakfast so so.
Location:- great for buses up Parklane to Hydepark corner or buses to Victoria. Green Park and Buckingham Palace a 30minute walk as is Picadilly Circus.

2. Conrad St James ... Recommend for Rooms and breakfast and Possibly Location
HHD get as standard nicer larger, better and newer rooms than an Exec Room at Hilton-PL
Lounge is nice, evening drinks are fine, lounge b/f fine, afternoon tea and evening nibbles ok. Restaurant b/f is very good
Location is 50m from tube station, 15min walk Buckingham Palace, Green Park, Westminster Abbey, 30mins Trafalgar Square, Parliament.

3. Hilton Waldorf .. Location is best part of this hotel experience
Lots of HH Elites here Likely just +1 cat room upgrade often zero/terrible views. Lounge is very good here but crowded (full, overfull).
Location is probably the most central/useful along with Hilton Trafalgar if you like walking to everywhere

4. Hilton Metropole ... Big 1000+ rooms
Nice enough rooms you'll only get Deluxe or Exec In tower (late check out hard to get even 1hour extra). lounge rather small but good food+drinks offering. Restaurant b/f nice food but with 1000 rooms at weekends unless lucky many guests get taken to basement cavernous conference room for b/f. Same offerings but a bit depressing.
Location is great for tube/buses though. 20min walk to Hyde Park corner

5. Trafalgar Hilton .. Location Location Location
Just about perfect location for tourism base, right on trafalgar square, buses and tubes right outside. 10-30min walking to Leicester square, National Gallery, Westminster Cathedral, Buckingham Palace and more.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
FWIW I stayed at the Hilton Waldorf London and had a great time. One cat upgrade but I'm not in London to be in the room so I didn't care.

Location can't be beaten. If you're driving there yourself it's a pain, but with public transport or cabs/uber no problem. Haven't stayed at the others, but I wouldn't feel like I wasted my certs at this property (if you don't have a truly aspirational stay planned like maldives/seychelles/french polynesia).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Careful at the Waldorf they have rooms with porthole windows with no views, just stayed in the Astor suite on 6th floor, still with small windows and a very small shower cubicle. It's a nice hotel location wise and often stay there. Or we will stay at Park Lane, avoid Euston and Green Park though.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Depends on what is important to you?, my fav all rounder is the Waldorf....there are Hiltons with better areas within but Waldorf has a great lounge ( get there early though as it gets busy in eve ) , great pool/sauna and great gym.....it's also very central in London, also the concierge service is very good.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:40 pm

Thanks for all the input and suggestion!

I'm still torn between the Waldorf and the Conrad as the Waldorf is in a really convenient location and perhaps better diamond upgrade at the Conrad! decision decision!!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Depends on your interests, but the Conrad is also in a very good location. Executive Lounge is very nice, better than most Hilton Lounges I have seen. Of course, as Diamond you would get access, and breakfast is fine. Your room should be upgraded.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:43 pm

Hi All,

Now I have another problem! I checked the dates I would like to use my certificates (9/30-10/2 or 10/9-10/11), the Saturdays on both dates are not available for standard room (and it is for Conrad Hilton, haven't checked Waldorf yet). I think the certificates can only book the standard rooms and then it is up to the hotels for any upgrades. If I email Conrad, how likely will they let me use the certificate to non-standard rooms? And can the hotel book the rooms with certificates? or only the 800 number agent make the booking with certificates? I also read that some folks were able to use their certificates on Thursday and Mondays at some Hilton properties. Does this work in Conrad Hilton or the Waldorf??

One more questions. The two certificates are my mom's which she received from the Citi Hilton Reserve sign up bonus (who is only a HHonor Gold), can she gift the certificate to me (I'm a Diamond member)?

thanks!!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver & HHonors Diamond
I would chose the Conrad as well but I am very fond of the Metropole.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:54 pm

I met my son who was doing his semester abroad in London for spring break last year and did a lot of checking where to use my certificates. I ended up at the Conrad St. James and can't recommend it highly enough. The location is incredible and the hotel is superb. The breakfast was really something special. I'm running out of adjectives. The advice I got was the Conrad over the Waldorf. I can't comment on the Waldorf but I can say I am happy I chose the Conrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.