Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dax1956
Does anyone have any information on the new Hilton in terminal two? I am diamond by the way. Do you know how far from the train station it is? Would we have to get on a hotel hopper somewhere at the train station to get to the actual hotels. Same question I suppose for the Hilton at terminal five . Thank you, you have all been so helpful.
It appears to be right outside the terminal, it would be the worlds shortest bus ride but HAL is not beyond charging £6 for a 2 minute bus ride.

Not sure Diamond makes any real difference at HGI beyond a free breakfast
Old May 6, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska

Many thanks!
Old May 6, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Depending on the property, I have used a bike rack, hotel storage and my room to store my bike. I've never caught a strange look while wheeling my bike through the lobby to the elevator. I imagine some high end properties might frown on it, but if your bike is valuable I think the room is the safest place for it.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I now stay at Terminal 4 Hilton.

Have had very poor taxis from Hilton T5, so avoid that now. Also avoid the expensive Hoppa, which goes to several other hotels en-route.

From the terminal 4 Hilton, I get the free bus to terminal 5.

It really is simple and Terminal 4 Hilton has a great lounge and breakfast in the main restaurant.

Back there in a couple of weeks.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Have had very poor taxis from Hilton T5, so avoid that now. Also avoid the expensive Hoppa, which goes to several other hotels en-route.

It really is simple and Terminal 4 Hilton has a great lounge and breakfast in the main restaurant.

I've had six stays at the T4 Hilton in the last 2 months. The bus between T4 - T5 is straightforward and prompt and I have never experienced the crowding issues that someone else alluded to. I also have not found the rooms at the T5 Hilton to be that much larger than T4.

The last time I stayed at the T5 Hilton (about 2 months ago) using the Hoppa was not the bother that I remembered but I also feel it is not worth it considering the free TfL bus transfers between T4 -T5 and the difference in room cost between the properties has been negligible for my stays. I have also found the lounge and lounge offerings at T4 to be better.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; May 6, 2019 at 12:42 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold

can you tell me if the train goes to terminal four from Paddington? Also is it a direct ride to terminal five or do you have to change somewhere? Thank you, I normally use Gatwick, and find it less confusing.
​​
Old May 6, 2019, 2:26 pm

Agree with all this.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
can you tell me if the train goes to terminal four from Paddington? Also is it a direct ride to terminal five or do you have to change somewhere? Thank you, I normally use Gatwick, and find it less confusing.
​​
The Heathrow Express goes to T2/3 and then to T5, the TfL train goes to T2/3 and then to T4 as mentioned above. To use the train between T4 and T5 you have to change at T2/3. The Indian restaurant at the T5 Hilton mentioned above is excellent if that is of interest and the Hoppa is not too painful.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

You can also use the underground to access all the terminals.

Depending upon how you get to Paddington this might be easier.

It is certainly the cheapest, with the Heathrow Express being the dearest, especially if you purchase last minute.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I asked about this at the Hilton Metropole in Edgware Road this morning, and I was somewhat impressed by the above and beyond response.

They have a bike rack under the hotel in the sub-level car park, which of course is used mainly by the staff - give the huge numbers employed there and the shift hours that some staff have to work. But there is no problem at all if a customer wants to use the rack, and they have had no reports of security issues there, the place is covered in cameras. It's free of charge.

But the concierge team said their main storage room has space for a bike, that there were other spaces they have access to as well, and that it wouldn't be a problem to have the bike in the room if the tyres were dry and clean. Moreover they invited anyone on this ride to contact the concierge team in advance so that this could be made an easy process.

I guess this is an area where in the past this was seen as a bit of a nuisance, but these days it is not.

OP (hi!): I'll PM the card the concierge handed over, he was quite insistent that they be contacted to help!
Old May 7, 2019, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
I take my bike with me all over the world and I bring it right into my hotel room. London, Germany, Netherlands, France. Never had an issue. I wait for an empty elevator an go right up to the room.
I've definitely had a companion pop the back door open for me so I can run the bike up the back stairwell to the room...
Old May 7, 2019, 1:45 pm

I think maybe my last question .Taking Tfl to terminal 4 from Paddington, how do we then get to the Hilton in terminal 4? Can we walk, or have to get on the hopper? And how far will we be from the station? Thanks again.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I think maybe my last question .Taking Tfl to terminal 4 from Paddington, how do we then get to the Hilton in terminal 4? Can we walk, or have to get on the hopper? And how far will we be from the station? Thanks again.
Covered walkway from Terminal 4. About a 5 to 10 minute walk.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:14 pm

Thanks so much.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Form the T4 station take the lift to departures/check in area and head to Zones F/G where the covered walkway will start ( and is signposted)

https://www.heathrow.com/file_source...row_T4_Map.pdf

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.