Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by kauppias
Its about a 22-25minute walk from hatton cross to the double tree if you are a brisk walker 😁 but the HGI is fine for a night for sure
Got it.

I’m a pretty brisk walker. I usually cover over a mile in 10 minutes.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
Got it.

I’m a pretty brisk walker. I usually cover over a mile in 10 minutes.
If the weather is nice its not a bad walk to be honest. If you have luggage then perhaps not, I only had a 13kg backpack with me. The roads are well lit and seemed safe. I enjoyed the walk. Google Maps helped it was a fairly easy route.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:37 pm

Hello!

Which option gets you closest to T3? My mom and I will be traveling together in September. We’re considering staying at LHR the evening before our flight home. Currently booked Hilton T4, but considering Paddington as well.

Thank you!
Old May 24, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by HardToConcentrate
Hello!

Which option gets you closest to T3? My mom and I will be traveling together in September. We’re considering staying at LHR the evening before our flight home. Currently booked Hilton T4, but considering Paddington as well.

Thank you!
Hi,

Welcome to flyertalk HardtoConcentrate!

From T4 by the time you walk the covered walkway to T4 and get to the platform for the train to Heathrow central ( for T2 & T3) your could have made the journey from Paddington to T2/T3 on the heathrow express as the paddington hilton is very near the platforms for the heathrow express so the time difference ( even allowing for waiting for the train is likely to be small ( T4 might wing it by a few minutes)

The new HGI at T2 will probably be closer ( walking distance to T3)

Regards

TBS
Old May 24, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The HGI seems to fit your requirements.
Also see this thread from last year:
Pubs walking distance from LHR Hilton or HGI
Old May 24, 2019, 7:41 pm

Thank you! I appreciate y’all taking the time to respond. I’ll discuss these options with my mom.

This will be her first trip to the UK. We’ll be visiting London, Wales, and Liverpool. I’m working on making our trip as relaxing as possible for her.

Have a a lovely day!
Old May 25, 2019, 8:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by enviroian
all good tips here thanks so much. Since I'm coming in from the tube on the piccadilly line I was looking for a place I could walk to and that seems to be the HGI. Is the Doubletree tube accessible?
I stay at that DT a fair bit. If coming from London I would take the tube to West Hounslow, cross the main road in front and take a bus to the DT, it's rare I have to wait 5 minutes for a bus, which then goes to the Tesco by the DT. The alternative is to go T2/T3 on the the tube anyway, then a bus back to the hotel, but West Hounslow is better. The hotel features as an arrival/destination point on TfL's Plan A Journey.

The HGI is a 7 minute walk from Hatton Cross, see the relevant hotel thread for more information.

I personally prefer the DT simply because there are more facilities locally compared to the HGI at Hatton Cross but many FTers like the HGI (and it's fine too).
Old May 25, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Read the last few pages of this thread, but wanted to specifically ask about my situation.

Spouse and I are thinking of a quick 5 night trip to London in July.
Because it's 5 nights, I will probably use Points for the stay.
Neither of us have ever been to London (I spent 4 hours out of the airport on a layover once, but that hardly counts).
We won't have kids with us, so it is just the two of us, and we are HH Diamond.
Bare minimum would be a 4* property, and prefer what would be considered 5*
We will for sure want a place with a decent lounge for breakfast
We will want to sight-see, and are comfortable walking a bit (5-6 Miles a day out walking is not terrible).
We will want to hit at least one nice restaurant during our stay (Michelin) - though I have not done any research for that yet

What I am thinking is the Conrad London St. James, but would like to see if folks have other recommendations that I should consider.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
What I am thinking is the Conrad London St. James, but would like to see if folks have other recommendations that I should consider.
Yes, a good idea, and well located. Slightly less well located but still fulfilling your criteria is Bankside. Both hotels have their fans here. Alternatives to consider are Waldorf Aldwych, perhaps Hiltons Tower Bridge or Park Lane. There is also the Trafalgar St. James, which doesn't meet your criteria in that it doesn't have an executive lounge, but it is so centrally placed, and has a rooftop bar, that you could probably manage without that facility. But the Conrad would be where I would start given what you have said.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Read the last few pages of this thread, but wanted to specifically ask about my situation.

We will for sure want a place with a decent lounge for breakfast
As a Diamond, most London hotels (all?) will allow you to have a full breakfast in the restaurant (no upcharge), even if there is a lounge. For 5 stars I think the Conrad is probably the best choice. It's in Westminster. The Traflagar (Curio) has a better location, although the Conrad is not far, at Traflagar Square. Covent Garden and the theatre district are right on your doorstep. But it has more limited facilities and no lounge.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
...I personally prefer the DT simply because there are more facilities locally compared to the HGI at Hatton Cross but many FTers like the HGI (and it's fine too).
And my personal reason for favouring the DT is the excellent Indian takeaway (hole in the wall) across the road from the DT
Old May 25, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I stay at that DT a fair bit. If coming from London I would take the tube to West Hounslow, cross the main road in front and take a bus to the DT, it's rare I have to wait 5 minutes for a bus, which then goes to the Tesco by the DT. The alternative is to go T2/T3 on the the tube anyway, then a bus back to the hotel, but West Hounslow is better. The hotel features as an arrival/destination point on TfL's Plan A Journey.

The HGI is a 7 minute walk from Hatton Cross, see the relevant hotel thread for more information.

I personally prefer the DT simply because there are more facilities locally compared to the HGI at Hatton Cross but many FTers like the HGI (and it's fine too).
This might be the winner (adding to it the post after yours about indian takeaway and a Dominos)
I will be traveling on a SE train ashford to St Pancras then I use my Ipay to beep my way onto the tube. Can I use my Apple Ipay to gain access to the bus as well?
Old May 25, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
... quick 5 night trip to London in July...
...I will probably use Points ...
Neither of us have ever been to London ...
What I am thinking is the Conrad London St. James, ...
...the Conrad would be where I would start given what you have said.
Completely agree with c-w-s
For a first-time visitor, paying on points, who is diamond, I'd look no further than the Conrad. The Waldorf Hilton is also very suitable, even if a bit less smart than the Conrad. The other excellent Hiltons in London are slightly less attractive in terms of location for a first-time tourist, so I'd only look at Bankside and Tower Bridge if room availability for the standard points rate at the other two was a problem.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Completely agree with c-w-s
For a first-time visitor, paying on points, who is diamond, I'd look no further than the Conrad. The Waldorf Hilton is also very suitable, even if a bit less smart than the Conrad. The other excellent Hiltons in London are slightly less attractive in terms of location for a first-time tourist, so I'd only look at Bankside and Tower Bridge if room availability for the standard points rate at the other two was a problem.
Completely agree with the others. Grab the Conrad, you won’t be disappointed. I asked a similar question a couple of years ago and got the same advice. I took the advice and have since had several more great stays at the Conrad, including one booked for this fall. I love this hotel and the lounge is excellent. Tube station is right across the street.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Finkface
Completely agree with the others. Grab the Conrad, you won’t be disappointed. I asked a similar question a couple of years ago and got the same advice. I took the advice and have since had several more great stays at the Conrad, including one booked for this fall. I love this hotel and the lounge is excellent. Tube station is right across the street.
Thanks everyone, I have booked the Conrad as it was available. Looking forward to my stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.