Search

Pubs walking distance from LHR Hilton or HGI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Pubs walking distance from LHR Hilton or HGI

Unfortunately I have to head back to Kent in a few weeks after just being there as my step dad died two days after I left. I plan to arrive into lhr Saturday the 23rd of June on the evening flight from Chicago. The HGI is walking distance to Hatton cross tube which is convenient for Sunday morning. My question is are there any pubs and late night food options near that hotel? If not how about the lhr Hilton? That appears to be walking distance from T4 but I’m arriving into T3.

Thank you.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Have you thought about the LHR Hilton itself? Whenever staying at the HGI and arriving late, I would usually have a late dinner and drink there and then head to HGI. It isnt cheap though, sometimes our meal is more than our room at the HGI. The restaurant at the LHR Hilton is open til 12.30. I do not remember any pubs walking distance from the HGI. If you are sold on a pub, you may be better to just take a bus to one along/near Bath Rd and then bus it to the HGI. I would think you could do that all in the free zone. I dont have a recommendation for a pub though as I typically stick to the hotel restaurants.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:09 pm

Not walking distance unless you are a little agressive, but I have previously enjoyed The Pheasant. Take free zone bus to near the Radisson and walk up the side street a couple of blocks.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:27 am

This app is useful for finding a pub anywhere in UK
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Unfortunately I have to head back to Kent in a few weeks after just being there as my step dad died two days after I left. I plan to arrive into lhr Saturday the 23rd of June on the evening flight from Chicago. The HGI is walking distance to Hatton cross tube which is convenient for Sunday morning. My question is are there any pubs and late night food options near that hotel? If not how about the lhr Hilton? That appears to be walking distance from T4 but I’m arriving into T3.

Thank you.
Sorry about your step dad.

The Green Man pub, on Green Man Lane, is half a mile from the HGI at Hatton Cross. They serve food until 10pm.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xooz
Not walking distance unless you are a little agressive, but I have previously enjoyed The Pheasant. Take free zone bus to near the Radisson and walk up the side street a couple of blocks.
Is that the place with the weird interior architecture -- tables on ledges at various heights and such? If so, it is an OK place, I agree.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Is that the place with the weird interior architecture -- tables on ledges at various heights and such? If so, it is an OK place, I agree.
The downstairs is pub-like with some outside tables.. don't remember anything weird. But the upstairs "restaurant" area did have some funky elevation changes as I recall. Haven't been in several years but was my go to place when stuck at the Renaissance.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
My condolences on the death of your step-dad.

The Hilton Garden Inn by Hatton Cross does have a functional restaurant - they can cook food and have a typical chain hotel menu - and a reasonable bar (we have done the FT post-flight-sim debrief there several times). I have eaten there a few times, it was fine.

If you want to get out of the hotel, I do see that The Green Man is not far away but I haven't been there.

The Pheasant, north of Heathrow, does do good food and is a reasonable place to drink. They have a drinking/bar food side and a table service restaurant side which I'm sure serves the same drinks as the pub. Food quality is quite reasonable while service can be a bit slow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.