Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Au, BA Mauve
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Doubletree Kingston upon Thames. Brand new hotel opened last year. Great location by the river. You can take the train to Wimbledon in about 10 minutes, Earlsfield in 14 mins. Trains run every 15 minutes. The hotel is about 200 meters from the the station. There are also lots of bus options.
There's P&D parking outside the hotel, which is free from 10PM till 7AM. If you use the RingGo app, you can keep it topped up. Depending on how long you're staying, this may be preferable. There's also a massive car park opposite (well, nearly) which may work out to be quite cheap in combo with the P&D

Perfectly safe on street parking. I used to live 100m away

And it's a great hotel also, and just 5 min walk from the station which takes 12 mins to Wimbledon
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:08 pm

If I'm using a Hilton weekend night cert, what's the most luxurious hotel? Definitely would like it to have a nice spa.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
If I'm using a Hilton weekend night cert, what's the most luxurious hotel? Definitely would like it to have a nice spa.
The Waldorf or Bankside.

Waldorf has sauna but no jacuzzi , Bankside has jacuzzi but no sauna, however both good......Bankside is very modern, Waldorf is Art Deco with marble everywhere....... I prefer the Waldorf myself.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by wizla
The Waldorf or Bankside.

Waldorf has sauna but no jacuzzi , Bankside has jacuzzi but no sauna, however both good......Bankside is very modern, Waldorf is Art Deco with marble everywhere....... I prefer the Waldorf myself.
have you been to the conrad?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
have you been to the conrad?
I have..... nice hotel but the OP wanted a decent spa, the Conrad only has a small gym.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I have..... nice hotel but the OP wanted a decent spa, the Conrad only has a small gym.
Of course.. but you are answering the "OP" directly, not in third person..
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:29 pm

ok thank you!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Of course.. but you are answering the "OP" directly, not in third person..
Gotcha...... yeah I see that now, cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Late check out

Anyone that can advice on London hotels likely to give late check out until 2.30 pm to Diamond members on a Sunday? Any properties infamus for not giving late check out at all?

Last edited by Chriscross; Aug 22, 2019 at 9:36 am
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Anyone that can advice on London hotels likely to give late check out until 2.30 pm to Diamond members on a Sunday? Any properties infamus for not giving late check out at all?
canary wharf, tower bridge or the doubletree tower hill would be my suggestions.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Chriscross
In my experience, most Hilton properties anywhere in the world give late check-outs to Diamonds depending on availability. If they have other Diamond guests checking in early that have been allocated your rooms, they will be reluctant to grant a late check-out, although in my experience 2:30 is usually very easy to arrange.

The worst property for late check-outs in my experience is the Hilton JFK/Queens. They insist on charging even Diamonds for any check-out past 3:00, whereas every other property has offered at least 4:00 for free (unless they need the room), and some have offered 6:00 and a few 8:00 pr even 9:00.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I'm torn on where to stay for 2-3 nights the weekend before Christmas. I usually hole up at Bankside, Paddington, or the airport for my random 1-2 night stays. Ideally something festive where I can be in the centre of London yet be utterly lazy and spoiled if I so incline. The 25th is my birthday (I'll be in Paris) and I'm finally spending it alone after several years of being bombarded with insane travel plans and international family get-togethers. So I'm looking for luxury and festivity, but not chaos. I've stayed at the Bankside during holiday season and that was cute. But my memories there aren't great due to personal reasons.

Thinking the Waldorf. Is it festive? Will it be overrun by families? The Trafalgar? I'm half tempted to go all in for the Biltmore Mayfair but it's new and all...
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would think there would be more likely to be children in most hotels just before christmas ( maybe less likely in the top end hotels)

How about the Conrad?

I would think that by December any opening issues with the Biltmore mayfair would be resolved ( perhaps book a couple of cancellable rates at the moment to lock in the reservation and amend them as your plans firm up?

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by AStarr
I'm torn on where to stay for 2-3 nights the weekend before Christmas. I usually hole up at Bankside, Paddington, or the airport for my random 1-2 night stays. Ideally something festive where I can be in the centre of London yet be utterly lazy and spoiled if I so incline. The 25th is my birthday (I'll be in Paris) and I'm finally spending it alone after several years of being bombarded with insane travel plans and international family get-togethers. So I'm looking for luxury and festivity, but not chaos. I've stayed at the Bankside during holiday season and that was cute. But my memories there aren't great due to personal reasons.

Thinking the Waldorf. Is it festive? Will it be overrun by families? The Trafalgar? I'm half tempted to go all in for the Biltmore Mayfair but it's new and all...
I stayed at the Waldorf in the gap between Xmas and the new year about 3 years ago, I thought it was quite festive and Christmasy ...... there was a great atmosphere with port and mince pies during afternoon tea in the lounge....... I would definitely choose the Waldorf.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: AC SE
I'll be taking my wife for a quick weekend in London around mid-December. Neither of us has ever been in the city proper so I'm looking for something nice and near the major sights of the city. We will be staying on points. We are both fans of the Conrad brand so the St. James does appear to be a great option. However, I see that the Waldorf, Park Lane and Bankside also appear to be well located and seem like quite decent options. So I guess my question is, which of the St. James, Waldorf, Park Lane or Bankside would you recommend to someone who has never seen London?

I should also add that my wife wants to experience a proper British afternoon tea. Can we find that at most properties? Or should we plan on going out for that? Suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.