Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 2:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by enviroian
This might be the winner (adding to it the post after yours about indian takeaway and a Dominos)
I will be traveling on a SE train ashford to St Pancras then I use my Ipay to beep my way onto the tube. Can I use my Apple Ipay to gain access to the bus as well?
Yes, you can use your iPay gizmo or GooglePay, in fact you can't pay with cash. I would have a contactless card to hand as a backup. You should use the same card as the tube just in case there is any fare capping involved. Unlikely unless you do other trips. Personally I do have an Oyster card, even though I don't live in London, since it's convenient and fast. It's actually Hounslow West, not West Hounslow. You want buses 81 (the most frequent), 222 or H98 to Waye Avenue, which is by Tesco, you can't miss the DT which will be on the right side of the bus.

The DT does have its own restaurant, which is a bit over priced but if the weather is bad at least gives you the option, they also serve some of the items over the bar area. In addition to the locations mentioned, there is a sit down Indian restaurant over the road called VII. There is Moniz which I certainly recommend, it's a genuine Portuguese expat casual restaurant, if you like watching soccer while eating inexpensive mixed grill or grilled fish. There's a kebab shop and a fried chicken place (never tried), Domino's is take away only. Tesco's already mentioned, it's only a small branch. And KFC and Starbucks a 10 minute walk away in the direction of Heathrow Central. There are a few more places by the library but I haven't got that far yet. It's not an upmarket area, but a lot of people live around there, it's reasonably safe, and there are quite a few facilities.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:46 pm

Hilton properties in London

Hi all, I’m in London for one weekend night. I’m thinking of the Trafalgar, Hilton towerbrige or the Waldorf. This is my friend’s first time in London and I wants to be in a nice central area. I’m a diamond member using a weekend certificate. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by joesph
Hi all, I’m in London for one weekend night. I’m thinking of the Trafalgar, Hilton towerbrige or the Waldorf. This is my friend’s first time in London and I wants to be in a nice central area. I’m a diamond member using a weekend certificate. Any suggestions?

Hmmmm.....I would definitely choose the Waldorf over tower bridge if location is key.....the lounges are roughly the same size but TB lounge does have an outside terrace which is lovely in the summer.
That said, Waldorf has a great spa too for relaxing in after a day in London and location is absolutely great....Waldorf is more classy but TB is more modern........I would still choose the Waldorf.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Hmmmm.....I would definitely choose the Waldorf over tower bridge if location is key.....the lounges are roughly the same size but TB lounge does have an outside terrace which is lovely in the summer.
That said, Waldorf has a great spa too for relaxing in after a day in London and location is absolutely great....Waldorf is more classy but TB is more modern........I would still choose the Waldorf.
thanks a lot Wizla.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:19 pm

thanks a lot Wizla.
how about park lane if compared to Waldorf?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:16 pm

how about park lane if compared to Waldorf?
I didn’t think it was in the running?, however yes it would be another good choice but park lane is an acquired taste......personally I like it, I had the best executive lounge experience there ever with awesome canapés and great wines, beers etc, the sky bar ( galvins ) is great too but others on here and trip advisor report issues......... I still think the Waldorf beats it location wise.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
I didn’t think it was in the running?, however yes it would be another good choice but park lane is an acquired taste......personally I like it, I had the best executive lounge experience there ever with awesome canapés and great wines, beers etc, the sky bar ( galvins ) is great too but others on here and trip advisor report issues......... I still think the Waldorf beats it location wise.
booked the Waldorf as advised. Thanks a lot
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:44 am

booked the Waldorf as advised. Thanks a lot
It’s the right call!, couple of tips -

SPA - don’t forget to pack swimwear, the sauna, pool and steam room are very nice here but be aware the floor poolside is very slippery!

EXECUTIVE LOUNGE- it’s a great longe but get there early for evening service, it can get very busy

CONCIERGE - these guys are a book of information, very helpful.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Family of three (two adults, a 16 y/o) options in London UK

We're looking at spending five nights in London at the end of this month. Ideally the room would have a bedroom with a king or queen size bed and a separate area with a sofa bed (similar to the Residence Inn layouts in the USA).

What properties in London are likely to have something like this, if any?

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:30 pm

Hi
Hilton Bankside has some rooms which would fit your purpose. Its also very well run, modern, well decorated and in a good location. It also does a great breakfast.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The Metropole has family rooms that would work
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I stayed 12 years ago at the Hilton Park Lane with my then teenager. I contacted them before booking, and they had a small sofa in the room, which was too small for my daughter. They begrudgingly brought a rollaway bed after complaining.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jul 15, 2019 at 2:55 pm
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:07 pm

It’s not Hilton, but Citadines has a number of locations across London that are 1-bedroom with couch and a small kitchen.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:12 pm
PeS

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, BA Gold
Or Queen Suite at Hilton Paddington - bedroom + living room with sofa bed. Two bathrooms too if I remember it right. One od the best Hiltons in London, location wise. Walking distance to all major attractions - well, at least per European measures. However this room probably won’t be exactly cheap.
Edit: as a bonus, you get lounge access and that lounge is amongst the best in London Hiltons. Hot snacks, liquors and an interesting view.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
North London UK Hotel suggestions with cheap/ free parking and close to tube station!

Hi

As in thread title I am looking for suggestions for Hilton properties north of London which are both close to a tube station (preferably northern line) and offer free or cheap parking.
I need to attend an event in London next Tuesday, when there may be strikes at Heathrow (as yet not confirmed).
As there may well be drink involved, I need a Hotel close enough to get back to by tube, where I can leave my car at on the way down.
So the important features are proximity to tube station and not getting fleeced for congestion charge and parking. Also sensible number of points for a rewards stay.

All suggestions welcome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.