Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by RJ77
Hi fellow forumers,
I would appreciate your opinion on the each of three properties that I've narrowed down and intend on booking
1. Hilton on the Park Lane
2. Conrad London St. James
3. The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection.

It's for a leisure stay and I'd like to be centrally located to do the touristy things. The stay will be in late May-early June.
The Hilton on Park Lane is a big hotel, nicely located across from the Park, and near several tube stations. The Conrad is nicely situated very close to many of the touristy things and is definitely not tacky! That would be my choice given your needs. I dont know The Trafalgar, sorry.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I know it's not on the list but I love the Waldorf Hilton. I'm assuming you're flying and the hotel is on the underground line from Heathrow and a very quick walk from the Covent Garden station. Near plenty of theater (a couple theaters are literally only a one minute walk), nice lounge (love the Clotted cream and scones in the afternoon), nice breakfast and I usually get upgraded. Easy walk to at least two other underbground stations.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Have you read through the thread on London hilton properties:
DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

your question (and very similar ones) gets asked very often, and there is lots of discussion in the thread comparing details of the various properties that you're considering. I personally like the Conrad if you'll have lounge access.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
I just got back from London and spent endless hours deciding where to stay. I originally had booked at Trafalgar but moved to the Conrad before we left It was lovely and in a fabulous area. Literally a block or so from Westminster Abbey and Parliament, easy walk to Buckingham Palace, across the street from a tube station and not in a high tourist area. The executive lounge was very nice. We used points and did the 5 nights for 4 with Hilton points - but we also had to get 2 rooms. I walked past Waldorf and I like the location of the Conrad much more so. Another interesting tidbit, the bar/restaurant at the Conrad is a hangout for Parliament. They have a bell in the bar that rings if Parliament goes back in session!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Thanks for the replies. I think these 3 properties are close to each other, and the rates are pretty similar. The reason I mentioned Hilton Park Lane, is its huge room inventory which might make upgrade for a Gold member easier? What's your experience in upgrades in these properties?

I've never stayed in a Curio Collection property, so am a bit tempted given its very central location but I admit Conrad is a very good and safe choice but could lack a bit of character.

As for Waldorf Hilton, not doing theaters this time around as it's a short stay, must have been 20 years ago that I did "Chicago" in London. But good to know it's near to Heathrow-link tube station, will definitely consider it next time around.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:18 am

Thanks for the replies. I think these 3 properties are close to each other, and the rates are pretty similar. The reason I mentioned Hilton Park Lane, is its huge room inventory which might make upgrade for a Gold member easier? What's your experience in upgrades in these properties?

I've never stayed in a Curio Collection property, so am a bit tempted given its very central location but I admit Conrad is a very good and safe choice but could lack a bit of character.

As for Waldorf Hilton, not doing theaters this time around as it's a short stay, must have been 20 years ago that I did "Chicago" in London. But good to know it's near to Heathrow-link tube station, will definitely consider it next time around.
My experience there as a diamond is that I have not been upgraded during any of my stays (probably 10-12 over the last 4 years).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:45 am

Another vote for the Conrad. One thing not mentioned above is ease of movement around town. When traveling to London on Holiday use the Tube and Bus system extensively and there is a bus stop very close to the hotel and the Tube station is literally across the street. Can’t beat it for ease of getting around town. Also hotel while centrally located is in a quiet area that give you respite in the evening.

Lounge also very nice although they have started charging for special order egg dishes in the morning.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by meducate
My experience there as a diamond is that I have not been upgraded during any of my stays (probably 10-12 over the last 4 years).
In every Hilton property in London that youve stayed?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:41 pm

In every Hilton property in London that youve stayed?
At the Park Lane property.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Two stays this year at the Park Lane. I booked a deluxe room each time, once i got a Mayfair suite and once a Mayfair view room, both on high floors (eg over 20th.) For the moment this is my go to property. Back next month.

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Apr 25, 2019 at 3:26 pm
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:42 am

Conrad has the best location. I would highly recommend it
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
WADR the Conrad is a good hotel but the immediate surrounding area is a little sleepy, particularly on the weekend. The Waldorf, Trafalgar, and Park Lane are all in better locations.

RE point above about being intrigued by a Curio I would temper your expectations. It doesn't really mean anything across the portfolio, not even a cookie like DT or the duck motif like HS (my kids refer to HS as the duckie hotel )
Old May 1, 2019, 3:09 am

1 vote for Hilton Bankside ^
Old May 1, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Another vote for Hilton Bankside
service is great, nice lounge, indoor pool, lovely breakfast, good value at weekends
downside is it's location for sightseeing London compared to Conrad St James and Hilton Park Lane
Hilton Park Lane is quite old and Conrad St James lets itself down with poor service and noisy street view rooms
if you decide on Conrad ask for courtyard facing room which are much quieter
Old May 1, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My 10 pence worth:-

I haven't tried the Conrad - we don't seem to have a company rate.

Park Lane is OK, but nothing special, it feels very corporate and a bit tired. I have had some decent upgrades and the views out of the front are good. However, they also pissed me off on a couple of occasions by asking for my passport to photocopy at check-in. As a Brit, I don't need a passport with me to travel around the UK, but the check-in staff couldn't grasp that concept.

I like the Waldorf, but historically they've been very stingy with upgrades for a Diamond and some of the rooms can be quite dark and lack views.

I prefer the Trafalgar as they've always looked after me and it has much more of a boutique hotel feel. Also if you can get one of the rooms with a Trafalgar Square view, it makes the place very special.

Tower Bridge is a decent alternative, handy for my office, but potentially a bit out of the way if you don't need to be at that end of town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.