Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Tell me if this is "gaming" the system and if I have to worry...I have several recurring bills (utilities, phone, cable, etc.) spread across several cards. Because of this promo, I have moved them all to the Amex card where I'm heading for the $8K. Is that a problem? I may or may not move them back after February, depending on what the next promo is and where.
Not a problem at all and the credit card companies actually encourage it. There is a reason you often see offers for cable or phone bills or bonus points for streaming services. Obviously, they hope you change to that card and leave it there or forget about it after the promo is over.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
You could always buy new grandkids...

David
I kinda like the ones we have. And I bet new ones would cost a heck of a lot more than $8K. They got a trip to Maui this year and will get another next year...too bad it's not between now and February!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I kinda like the ones we have. And I bet new ones would cost a heck of a lot more than $8K.
Well then, you'd get the FNA really quickly!

David
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:50 pm

Well I just got a nice surprise because of loading everything onto my Surpass card for this promo. The Surpass card gets 6x on supermarkets, but there was one store by me that was not considered a supermarket by Amex, so it only gave 3x., so I just used random cards there. All of a sudden it has started giving 6x Amex points, and I never would have found out if it wasn't for this promo. It was one of those huge places (like a Walmart superstore) that had, besides groceries, clothing, furniture, garden, etc., etc. So nice little added bonus.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Anyone received the free night confirm yet who has met the $8K spend?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Anyone received the free night confirm yet who has met the $8K spend?
See post #64 in this thread.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Well I just got a nice surprise because of loading everything onto my Surpass card for this promo. The Surpass card gets 6x on supermarkets, but there was one store by me that was not considered a supermarket by Amex, so it only gave 3x., so I just used random cards there. All of a sudden it has started giving 6x Amex points, and I never would have found out if it wasn't for this promo. It was one of those huge places (like a Walmart superstore) that had, besides groceries, clothing, furniture, garden, etc., etc. So nice little added bonus.
Freddie’s?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Freddie’s?
Correct!

In August in was still 3x, but in November it's been 6x (I didn't charge it to this card - Surpass - in September or Oct so not sure when the change occurred). Unfortunately gas there is still 3x ("other purchases") and not 6x for gas. But 6x for groceries is great...but shhhh in case it's a mistake!
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Come February I may be making a large deposit to the UA Travel Bank.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:14 am

I admit I'm an honest nerd, but can someone explain what exactly "no gift card purchases" means? I know they're trying to avoid MS (I think?) but are they saying that if you buy gift cards as Christmas gifts for people, the ones they sell in your local supermarket to restaurants, stores, etc., that those would not count towards this promo? If I buy a bunch of gift cards along with my groceries how would they even separate them out from the rest of the purchases?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I admit I'm an honest nerd, but can someone explain what exactly "no gift card purchases" means? I know they're trying to avoid MS (I think?) but are they saying that if you buy gift cards as Christmas gifts for people, the ones they sell in your local supermarket to restaurants, stores, etc., that those would not count towards this promo? If I buy a bunch of gift cards along with my groceries how would they even separate them out from the rest of the purchases?
Especially for larger chain stores, Amex often gets a breakdown of the purchase details ("L3 data").

It's more relevant in the Amex forum, but the consensus there is that merchant-specific gift cards are OK, it's the Visa/MC/Amex gift cards that Amex targets.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
Especially for larger chain stores, Amex often gets a breakdown of the purchase details ("L3 data").

It's more relevant in the Amex forum, but the consensus there is that merchant-specific gift cards are OK, it's the Visa/MC/Amex gift cards that Amex targets.
OK, thanks, so without a "countdown" that will make it even more difficult to know how far along towards the $8K I am - I was just doing a "date range" on purchases but now I'd wonder if not all of it counts. The Visa etc. cards are a rip because (at least around here) I believe there are fees associated with them, so we tend to avoid them anyway.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I sent a DM to Hilton Honors Ambassador, but posting my questions here in case anyone can help.

I have an Amex Aspire card that was targeted for the $8k spend promo.

I had been planning to downgrade to the Surpass card. Would the promo would be retained on my account if I downgraded the card?

Separately, if I downgrade from Aspire to Surpass, will my year-to-date spend on the Aspire count toward the $15k FNC counter on the Surpass? What if I've already exceeded $15k... will I just automatically get a FNC when I downgrade?

Appreciate any help anyone can provide. I tried calling Amex, but the rep didn't seem very confident about any answers.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
Data Point -

I completed the Aspire $60K spend and the Aspire $8K spend on Dec. 6th. The $60K spend status bar showed completed and congratulations message within the Amex system.

I received a single email letting me know that I was granted an award - assuming this was the $60K completion.

Dec. 7/8 - middle of the night- I received both awards in email with instructions to call in to use the reward, same process etc. as the annual award. expiration is 12/31/22 on both certs.

As an aside, the timing could not have been better for me on the $8K spend promo... once that was received and registered, I had about $9K left to go on the $60K spend target. Also, we did a complete kitchen and first floor remodel so normally do not spend this amount on the Aspire card.

Now the issue is - where to go... Cabo would be nice but no award availability.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I completed the spend almost a month ago and offer is showing up in my available offers tab on my am ex account but still don't have the award Has me concerned since others are seeing it post right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.