Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I received an email today saying I had earned my free night cert for spending $8K. The final charge for the $8K posted just in the last day or so. It is valid for a year from yesterday. It says that I need to give the cert number in order to book the night. It took some searching to figure out that the number was in the instructions above the title of the email. And only the last 4 digits are shown on the list of my free certs in my Hilton account.
Don't need the cert number. Used the 8k cert last week for a future reservation and the Hilton rep had no issues seeing it in my account.
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
What's the chance these ultimately get extended past the 1 year (12/2022) expiration? Seems like travel is back so there's no good reason they'd extend them but you have to wonder.

I'd love to roll 2 over to next year to combine with others
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by StangGT909
What's the chance these ultimately get extended past the 1 year (12/2022) expiration? Seems like travel is back so there's no good reason they'd extend them but you have to wonder.

I'd love to roll 2 over to next year to combine with others
I wouldn’t count on it.
san888 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Has anyone gotten their free night after meeting the spend requirement in the last days of the eligibility period? Any fellow procrastinators here?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Has anyone gotten their free night after meeting the spend requirement in the last days of the eligibility period? Any fellow procrastinators here?
Yes, I did.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I had a purchase for $700 post on 2/28. It put me over the $8000. No Free Night Certificate yet.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I had a purchase for $700 post on 2/28. It put me over the $8000. No Free Night Certificate yet.
That is pretty much my situation.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:37 pm

That is pretty much my situation.
How long are you waiting for before you call Amex?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long are you waiting for before you call Amex?
I’ll probably give it week.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:36 am

I’ll probably give it week.
Check your Hilton account. Mine appeared there this morning. No email from Amex or Hilton.
notquiteaff and san888 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:41 am

Met my spend on Jan12 but still no certificate. I keep calling and they tell me to be patient as it may take 8-12 weeks. Not sure I believe them so will probably continue calling weekly…..
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Labmom
Met my spend on Jan12 but still no certificate. I keep calling and they tell me to be patient as it may take 8-12 weeks. Not sure I believe them so will probably continue calling weekly…..
I think if it doesn't show up automatically then you will have to wait the full 12 weeks.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Depending on how you define last days, I finished up on 2/24, cert appeared in my account 2/28 and I got an email 3/1 from Hilton telling me I got it.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check your Hilton account. Mine appeared there this morning. No email from Amex or Hilton.
Same! Thanks, I had checked a couple days ago and it wasn’t there yet, but now I see it with expiration 3/4/2023.
ChinaShrek and levilevi like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
I received mine the end of January, 3 weeks after hitting spend. Never received any email from Hilton or Amex. They really should have sent one but once I saw it in my account I stopped worrying about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.