Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by san888
I have the same question.... based on what I see doesn't seem so. Hopefully more people chime in.
I’m in the same boat.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
I doubt its a volume issue. Could well be an IT issue - tracker incorrectly reset on Jan 1? Will be good to get some DP and figure out when the last FNC was issued.
My tracker has over 8K since January 1st so don't think it's that. Hopefully we see some positive posts soon. No rhyme or reason with AMEX offers in my experiences.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
I called them to inquire and after about an hour hold, the agent said she saw my 8k spend but it needed to be "verified" as qualifying which makes no sense. She said to wait two weeks and check again. Lame
san888 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
My tracker has over 8K since January 1st so don't think it's that. Hopefully we see some positive posts soon. No rhyme or reason with AMEX offers in my experiences.
Thanks, that's good info.
san888 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Just called AMEX and the agent said I had already met the $8k spend and the FNC was issued Jan 23. I had been told this 2 days ago via chat. Afterward I realized I was close to receiving the renewal FNC (Aspire card). Today phone agent verified this was for the $8k offer, not the renewal. She also said it could take a few weeks to be notified but she was able to give me the certificate number, which is 9 digits just like previous certs I've received.

BTW, I called because I didn't think I had completed the $8k. Looking back at the statements, I realize AMEX did not deduct the resort credit and dining credit in the total spend.
_kurt likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by MellieAZ
Just called AMEX and the agent said I had already met the $8k spend and the FNC was issued Jan 23. I had been told this 2 days ago via chat. Afterward I realized I was close to receiving the renewal FNC (Aspire card). Today phone agent verified this was for the $8k offer, not the renewal. She also said it could take a few weeks to be notified but she was able to give me the certificate number, which is 9 digits just like previous certs I've received.

BTW, I called because I didn't think I had completed the $8k. Looking back at the statements, I realize AMEX did not deduct the resort credit and dining credit in the total spend.
Great news. Going to chat with them again but that's pot luck as to what answer you get.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:34 pm

Thanks for this info, I just called Hilton and they confirmed a FNC came in my account yesterday expiring Jan 26 2023. That's from this promo. Never received anything from Amex.
_kurt likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:34 pm

Great news. Going to chat with them again but that's pot luck as to what answer you get.
Easier to confirm with Hilton directly.
_kurt likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Here's my DP...paid the bill where I crossed $8K at 2 pm today. Just got the cert at 4 pm.
pharmawalk likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:42 pm

I guess even though I met the spend it hasn't updated yet. I chatted with Amex and here is what they said:

I checked and see that the spend have not updated on the account yet as they are made after the last statement closed and will update soon...
7:27 PM
The Free Night Reward will be issued in the form of a redeemable code and sent in an email from Hilton Honors to the email address listed on your Hilton Honors account up to 16 weeks after the Threshold Amount has been reached.
This is the maximum time frame that it may take however usually it's done much earlier than that.

Like I said no consistent responses, based on this it tends me to believe I won't get it till my next statement date. Then again it might show up earlier because AMEX reps don't seem to know their own promotions.

Last edited by san888; Jan 26, 2022 at 5:42 pm Reason: misspelling
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:48 pm

I guess even though I met the spend it hasn't updated yet. I chatted with Amex and here is what they said:

I checked and see that the spend have not updated on the account yet as they are made after the last statement closed and will update soon...
The Free Night Reward will be issued in the form of a redeemable code and sent in an email from Hilton Honors to the email address listed on your Hilton Honors account up to 16 weeks after the Threshold Amount has been reached.
This is the maximum time frame that it may take however usually it's done much earlier than that.

Like I said no consistent responses, based on this it tends me to believe I won't get it till my next statement date. Then again it might show up earlier because AMEX reps don't seem to know their own promotions.
My statement closed on 1/12. Met spend 1/16. So I don't think its tied to either statement or payment date. The Amex reps just make up their own rules.
san888 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond

BTW, I checked Awardwallet today and it shows the certificate in my account. (Had to check there since the Gilton website doesn't show my status or my available certificates!).
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:12 pm

+1. If you think you’ve completed the spend, don’t bother calling Amex. Just call Hilton and you might find that it’s posted already. That was the case for me. Seems the night posted a few days after the charge.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
When we got our cert a couple of days ago, I thought this was interesting:

"You must complete your stay by the expiration date 2023-01-25. Please note, your free night reward will not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your records. List of excluded properties. The document is not a confirmation of a room reservation. Please read the Terms and Conditions for more details."

Strange that some people are not getting the e-mails, but are seeing the certs in their Hilton accounts. Our situation is the opposite, got the e-mail but it is NOT in the account.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:26 pm

I finally got the email from Hilton. But it doesn't have the full certificate number. Instead under certificate # it has xxxxxx+last 4 of my registered phone number.

Not too concerned as Hilton has confirmed they see it on my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.