Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by paradox
I got the offer on my no-fee card. If I meet the $8K, then upgrade to Surpass, would I get another night with $7K more spend? Or would the clock reset with the upgrade and require $15K more for the second night?

P2 has the same offer on the no-fee card. If we are not traveling together, can I give her my award (or vice-versa)?
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
My understanding (you can also read back in the thread as this has been discussed) is that the $8k spend also counts for the yearly $15k spend.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Only from January on...what you spent for this promo in Nov & Dec does not, unless you were topping off what you needed for 2021.
I believe the earlier scenario did not include a product change (spending $8K on the Surpass counted towards the yearly $15K). I asked an Amex agent via chat if I could upgrade from the no-fee to Surpass, so that all of the spending would count towards the yearly $15K. Was told that an upgrade would void the earlier $8K offer. I then posed the scenario in my original post: if I meet the $8K spend, then upgrade, does the initial $8K count towards the $15K. The agent gave contradictory answers: 1) All yearly spend, including that before the upgrade, would count towards the $15K and 2) I would need to spend $15K *after* upgrading to earn a second free night. I pointed out both couldn't be true. I think the agent gave up at that point and said that's what she knows. I believe in the collective wisdom of FTers more than this agent.

I would upgrade to Surpass now if I could get two nights for the $15K spend, but I lose the $8K offer if I upgrade.

EDIT: I haven't put any spend on the card since the promo started. I wasn't going to hit $15K in 2021, so I decided to wait until 2022 to start spending towards the $8K, in case I could double dip.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Last edited by paradox; Jan 12, 2022 at 6:48 pm
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by paradox
I believe the earlier scenario did not include a product change (spending $8K on the Surpass counted towards the yearly $15K). I asked an Amex agent via chat if I could upgrade from the no-fee to Surpass, so that all of the spending would count towards the yearly $15K. Was told that an upgrade would void the earlier $8K offer. I then posed the scenario in my original post: if I meet the $8K spend, then upgrade, does the initial $8K count towards the $15K. The agent gave contradictory answers: 1) All yearly spend, including that before the upgrade, would count towards the $15K and 2) I would need to spend $15K *after* upgrading to earn a second free night. I pointed out both couldn't be true. I think the agent gave up at that point and said that's what she knows. I believe in the collective wisdom of FTers more than this agent.

I would upgrade to Surpass now if I could get two nights for the $15K spend, but I lose the $8K offer if I upgrade.
I would agree that you need to complete the $8K spend on the card with the offer. My recollection is that calendar year spend on the no-fee card transfers over when upgrading to Surpass (or at least it used to). But you might want to check that thread:
The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
How long is it taking for the FNC email after 8K spend? I've met the spend last weekend and still don't have the email from Amex...
_kurt likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
How long is it taking for the FNC email after 8K spend? I've met the spend last weekend and still don't have the email from Amex...
I just met it too but I wasn't expecting to get it until the bill was paid?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Some have reported 'right away' - not sure what that means. I was expecting it in couple of days like most Amex SUB'/offers.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Should post within a few days of the charge hitting. I never received and email and it wasn't in my redeemed offers on my Am Ex page but is under my free night ccertificates
san888 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I received my $8k cert a few days after the last charges posted. I also paid my bill around that same time.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:44 pm

I completed the spend more than 10 calendar days ago and haven’t seen anything. I wonder if it matters that I didn’t register until late December, the day before I started spending. On the plus side, I have a whole month to sort it out with AMEX and do a few additional charges if needed.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Completed the spend either 12/10 or 12/12 -- received certificate via email 12/14 (though did not notice it to a few weeks later - went to my Outlook clutter folder). Statement for the month did not close until 12/17 -- so not tied to statement close or payment.

I hit part of the spend with refundable deposits on a trip for this summer - which I then had to cancel - so was worried whether I needed to spend more to not have the free night clawed back (and how would that work if already applied to a reservation). But fortunately also had a stay over the winter break that balanced out all the credits.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:09 pm

Somehow I missed this thread (and email) and just enrolled my card. I assume the $7k I spent for a new year trip that was after the offer was sent, but before I enrolled, will not count toward it? Any data on this?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KRUXED
Somehow I missed this thread (and email) and just enrolled my card. I assume the $7k I spent for a new year trip that was after the offer was sent, but before I enrolled, will not count toward it? Any data on this?
From the terms and conditions:
Starting from the time you complete enrollment, you will have through February 28, 2022 ("Purchase Period") to meet the Threshold Amount. Purchases completed prior to enrollment will not count towards the Threshold Amount. Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and Additional Card Members. Limited to 1 enrolled Card per Card Account.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:33 pm

Yeah that’s what I figured. Typical. It wouldn’t make sense for Amex or Hilton to appreciate those who have continued to travel the world for the past 2 years and stay in their hotels; being loyal…. When the fine print and a spam filter can minimize a cost of a promotion to them. Still better than being bonvoyed I guess. Lol

edited: what a joke
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by KRUXED
Yeah that’s what I figured. Typical. It wouldn’t make sense for Amex or Hilton to appreciate those who have continued to travel the world for the past 2 years and stay in their hotels; being loyal…. When the fine print and a spam filter can minimize a cost of a promotion to them. Still better than being bonvoyed I guess. Lol
AFAIK no e-mails were sent to anyone - it was in your offers, which appear right under your statement on line, along with "$10 off at Walmart, $15 off at Wayfair" etc., etc., etc....you just have to look frequently and register when you see something good. I bet it's right there now if you look.

The first few of mine...there are 100 listed all the time, so a pain to scroll through them frequently but often worthwhile.

Amex Offers & Benefits

Available (100)Added to Card (5)Savings

You're Eligible to Enroll

Save on interest with a 0% promo APR on new purchases for 6 billing cycles. Enjoy the flexibility of carrying a balance at a lower rate during the promo period. Terms apply.

Enroll Now

Earn a Free Night Reward

Enroll and spend $8,000 in eligible purchases on your card by 2/28/22 to earn a Free Night Reward. Terms apply.

Learn More

Spend $99+ on an annual subscription by 5/18/22, get $30 back. Enroll by 4/18/22

Safeway – Annual FreshPass Subscription

EXPIRES
05/18/2022
Add to Card

Spend $9 or more, get $5 back. Up to 3 times (total of $15).

Paramount+

EXPIRES
02/11/2022
Add to Card

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jan 19, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AFAIK no e-mails were sent to anyone - it was in your offers, which appear right under your statement on line, along with "$10 off at Walmart, $15 off at Wayfair" etc., etc., etc....you just have to look frequently and register when you see something good. I bet it's right there now if you look.
I received an email and started this thread the same day. Since then, I've received several more emails about this promotion.
_kurt likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:50 pm

There was certainly an email sent. When I saw this thread and subsequently searched my emails; I found one in my spam/junk folder. $7K+ too late I guess…. Admittedly that was just food and drink on an 5 night award stay tho. I may not spend enough to be their target market 😂
_kurt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.