Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Perhaps William, Hilton Honors Ambassador , can clarify this for us?

It may take some Hilton liaison with AmEx.

It is always better to know the precise rules of a promotion near the outset than at the end.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
No email, but got a physical mailer for it.
eefor jfp likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I tried the sign-up link in Post # 4 (copied below for ready reference) again with my wife's Authorized User card on my no-annual-fee Hilton AmEx account, but got the same response as in Post # 29.
​​​​​​https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I tried the sign-up link in Post # 4 (copied below for ready reference) again with my wife's Authorized User card on my no-annual-fee Hilton AmEx account, but got the same response as in Post # 29.
​​​​​​https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

This is what I am getting also.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Have an Aspire, called AX they confirmed all purchases on my wife’s card will also count towards the 8k.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by hhdl
No email, but got a physical mailer for it.
The link in the physical mailer is https://www.americanexpress.com/freenight which redirects to a link that's similar enough to the link given elsewhere in the thread to check if you've been targeted.

I hit the Diamond by base points (mostly from card spend) and then the free night on the Surpass, after which I stopped making an extra effort to put non-Hilton spend on the card for a few months; perhaps "stopped putting non-Hilton spend on the card after FNC" is the targeting criteria?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
This is a great promo Only time this card gets used if for Hilton Stays and for places where there is a special offer, like I put $20 a month of dining on it for the $20 credit of if there is an online savings like offer like the Marriott offer and then I just put the minimum spend on the Hilton card and had marriott put the balance on my chase sapphire card.

Can this be combined with the spend for the free night or is it separate? i.e. for the $60K spend on the Surpass for the free night if I spend $60K this year will I get the $8K spend night and then the night for $60K? or doesn't the $8K count toward the $60K?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
This is a great promo Only time this card gets used if for Hilton Stays and for places where there is a special offer, like I put $20 a month of dining on it for the $20 credit of if there is an online savings like offer like the Marriott offer and then I just put the minimum spend on the Hilton card and had marriott put the balance on my chase sapphire card.

Can this be combined with the spend for the free night or is it separate? i.e. for the $60K spend on the Surpass for the free night if I spend $60K this year will I get the $8K spend night and then the night for $60K? or doesn't the $8K count toward the $60K?
This is the same question I had with the Surpass - will the Jan-Feb spend count towards the $15K needed for the Surpass free night?

We have both the Aspire and Surpass, and honestly we have so many Hilton points from Covid cancellations and what we earn on the credit cards that I put very little actual Hilton spend on the Aspire. I use the Aspire for the Diamond status, but more importantly for the 7x restaurant, gas and airfare spend, plus car rental insurance coverage.

I use the Surpass most for supermarket spend.

Since they both have 3x on untargeted categories, I've decided to use Surpass only for this promo. I gain more from supermarkets at 6x compared to 3x on the Aspire (and we eat at home more than out). And true I lose 1 point on restaurants...but...if you JUST considered that for the $8,000, I'm losing 8,000 pts...but...compare 8,000 points to the 95K you're essentially getting for another free night. No brainer for me.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhdl
The link in the physical mailer is https://www.americanexpress.com/freenight which redirects to a link that's similar enough to the link given elsewhere in the thread to check if you've been targeted.
Thank you.

Using this link I was able to register my no-annual-fee Hilton AmEx card. My wife is an authorized user on my account, with a separate number. I hope her spend will count toward the promotion.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This is the same question I had with the Surpass - will the Jan-Feb spend count towards the $15K needed for the Surpass free night?
I'm pretty confident it will. I doubt Amex has the IT desire to reprogram the system to account for two concurrent spend targets. The answer will be evident come January and the $15k tracker resets.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm pretty confident it will. I doubt Amex has the IT desire to reprogram the system to account for two concurrent spend targets. The answer will be evident come January and the $15k tracker resets.
where do you find the Surpass $15K tracker towards the free night? I cant find it on the Amex website when I log in, I assume user error... any tips appreciated!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by nobody2
where do you find the Surpass $15K tracker towards the free night? I cant find it on the Amex website when I log in, I assume user error... any tips appreciated!
Mine is on the right hand side, a box under the box where it shows your current HH points total. Right now mine just says "congratulations, blah blah" because I already got it for this year. In January it should start the tracker again.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:13 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Perhaps William, Hilton Honors Ambassador , can clarify this for us?

It may take some Hilton liaison with AmEx.

It is always better to know the precise rules of a promotion near the outset than at the end.
I'm glad to make an inquiry, but I want to be sure I understand the question being asked. Is it whether someone who is an authorized user on another person’s card will have their charges count towards the 8K accumulated by the actual card member? Or, put another way, is it just the charges made by the actual card member that count and an authorized user’s will not?

TIA

Best regards,

William
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Honors Ambassador :

Yes, William, that is what we would like to confirm. Obviously, we hope it is the former.

Thank you.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:49 am

Getting my card showing as eligible (received paper mailer), but receiving system unavailable error. Has anyone had this resolve? Hoping it's just an early AM US time maintenance period. Tried both Chrome browser and iPhone, also tried both through card # and username / PW login.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.