Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Any idea if these can be used any day of the week? Or are they going back to weekend use?

TD
I believe Hilton announced all certificates were good for any night through at least 2022.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:45 am

Hilton Honors Ambassador , I appreciate your DM but apparently I cannot DM you back?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
If you look at the Stickies, you will see that William is out of the office until Monday, 22 November 2021. You can Direct Message (DM) him after that.

Hilton Honors Ambassador is Out of Office
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:34 pm

Just a data point. I spent $10k on my Surpass card between Nov 10-12, and quickly received the free night code via email today. Also confirmed with Amex that the usual $15k calendar year spend free weekend night piggy backs off this. Sorry if that was already known, this isn't a regular use card for me.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:35 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
I have an $9,000 bill that I need to pay on Pay.gov. This is not a tax transaction but it is in a sense a debt. I wonder if they would try to call this a cash equivalent? This would allow me to double dip and meet the $15k for FNC and the bonus for the $8k.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Tell me if this is "gaming" the system and if I have to worry...I have several recurring bills (utilities, phone, cable, etc.) spread across several cards. Because of this promo, I have moved them all to the Amex card where I'm heading for the $8K. Is that a problem? I may or may not move them back after February, depending on what the next promo is and where.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Obviously not a problem, Eujeanie.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Tell me if this is "gaming" the system and if I have to worry...I have several recurring bills (utilities, phone, cable, etc.) spread across several cards. Because of this promo, I have moved them all to the Amex card where I'm heading for the $8K. Is that a problem? I may or may not move them back after February, depending on what the next promo is and where.
Not gaming the system at all and even if it is, Am Ex isn't going to care, they are legit charges.

I'm doing the same thing. Like a lot of diamonds on here the only charges that go on the card are Hilton charges since the rewards aren't that great and Hilton keeps devaluing points. I just finished putting the $8K on the card this past weekend and only time it will get used now is for Hilton stays and a $20 dining charge for the credit in December unless Am Ex has another offer.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:51 pm

I didn't think it would be a problem, but I've heard (really Chase) shuts down accounts for seemingly nonsensical reasons (I'm sure there's more to the stories). Actually, I like putting most stuff on my Surpass because of the free night at $15K, with all regular charges being equal at 3x why not?

What the heck did you buy for $8,000 in 3 weeks? (don't tell me, but I think it's funny, it will be a stretch for us to get there by the end of February).
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
One possible solution for some people may be to pre-pay some future bills and utilities, rent, etc., before the deadline, especially if you are close to the minimum spend or also putting some spend on other cards.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:06 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by nall
Hilton Honors Ambassador , I appreciate your DM but apparently I cannot DM you back?
My apologies for the inconvenience, but I was out of the office and I turn off the ability to receive Private Messages since there is no one to answer them until I return. That functionality will be turned back on shortly, however.

Best regards,

William
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I didn't think it would be a problem, but I've heard (really Chase) shuts down accounts for seemingly nonsensical reasons (I'm sure there's more to the stories). Actually, I like putting most stuff on my Surpass because of the free night at $15K, with all regular charges being equal at 3x why not?

What the heck did you buy for $8,000 in 3 weeks? (don't tell me, but I think it's funny, it will be a stretch for us to get there by the end of February).
Very easy to do if you can use the card for business purchases. I wish it was for personal purchases for myself LOL.

Can also do manufactured spending but that is getting harder and harder to do and not even worth it for me anymore. I SO miss the days of the dollar coin program, that program was every credit card users dream
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Some folks really know how to spend!

David
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:39 am

Last year we did some major home renovations so I was racking up those spend $5k get 10K miles bonuses over and over...this year not so much. But I think we'll hit the $8K by February. It was actually nice of Hilton to do it right before the spending holidays...of course, I could buy the grandkids $8,0000 worth of gifts...nah...
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Last year we did some major home renovations so I was racking up those spend $5k get 10K miles bonuses over and over...this year not so much. But I think we'll hit the $8K by February. It was actually nice of Hilton to do it right before the spending holidays...of course, I could buy the grandkids $8,0000 worth of gifts...nah...
You could always buy new grandkids...

David
jamesteroh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.