Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Do they charge you for upgrades when confirming the upgrade or on arrival?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Which email address are you sending to? Have you tried both in the wiki?
Ah yup, looks like I sent to the wrong one (general inquiries). I sent another email to reservations and they responded.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by interactfx
Do they charge you for upgrades when confirming the upgrade or on arrival?
At checkout.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by jgor123
Ah yup, looks like I sent to the wrong one (general inquiries). I sent another email to reservations and they responded.
Could you please post the rates they quoted so I can add them to the wiki. Cheers.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:42 am

Trying to find information about the castaway dinner (private beach dinner) - anyone that has done it have any thoughts about it? Do they take you out to a secluded beach , drop you off and then pick you back up or is it more of a dinner on the beach away from the regular crowd?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:23 am

It's at either of two locations on Rangali Island; the DWV beach or the SunWV beach (just north of the PWVs). You can request a location as long as it's not booked by someone else and not the DWV beach on a Wednesday as that's where they have the Fisherman's BBQ beach dinner. I've only read a few comments about it on TA(TripAdvisor) and I've only heard good things. We haven't tried it ourselves but we will be on our next trip so maybe someone else who has done it can comment.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond
It's at either of two locations on Rangali Island; the DWV beach or the SunWV beach (just north of the PWVs). You can request a location as long as it's not booked by someone else and not the DWV beach on a Wednesday as that's where they have the Fisherman's BBQ beach dinner. I've only read a few comments about it on TA(TripAdvisor) and I've only heard good things. We haven't tried it ourselves but we will be on our next trip so maybe someone else who has done it can comment.
Do you know where I can find more information on this? Cost etc. It's our fourth wedding anniversary in April when we're there, so may consider this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:10 am

Cost is in the resort's brochure / acivity planner, both full and vegetarian options. Email the resort for a copy. It's the most expensive dining option there, $350++ pp the last time I looked. Could be $10 or $15 more now though.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Upgrade quotes from points booking for a Water Villa for September next year as a returning Diamond guest. All figures before service charge and tax.

Deluxe Beach Villa / Superior Water Villa $ 90.00
Deluxe Water Villa : $ 200.00
Beach Suite $ 1700.00
Premier Water Villa: $ 1000.00
Sunset Water Villa: $ 2300.00
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Upgrade quotes from points booking for a Water Villa for September next year as a returning Diamond guest. All figures before service charge and tax.

Beach Suite $ 1700.00
Thanks. Did they offer any pricing on the Retreat Water Villa?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC

Beach Suite $ 1700.00
200 for deluxe water villa seems like a good deal - usually they quote 2x that .. weird.

sometimes i feel their upgrade quotes are kinda all over the place.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hi MF,

I remember when I was there in June they told us that the Fisherman's BBQ was no more, they were only doing the Lobster night on Fridays instead. If anyone is there can you see if the Fisherman's BBQ is offered anymore?
Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:39 pm

I’m looking at the menus and it seems maybe 1% of the entrees are vegetarian with some restaurants having no veggie options. Am I reading this incorrectly or is this accurate?

For the people who’ve been there- how are the portions? The pics look like they would not be filling at all and perhaps necessitate another entree to be shared b/w two people?

Lastly, for two adults and one toddler, how much should one budget for food w/o alcohol per day? I was thinking $250 a day but in looking at the menus and now being charged for water and portion sizes, I’m not sure if it would be enough.

I do do realize that the question about portion sizes is a bit vague as different people have different eating capacities, but just wanted a general idea.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:59 pm

When you say entree do you mean main course? Or the actual meaning of entree (the starter/appetiser)?
if so, I suggest the main courses are of a normal size that I have found in most places around the world. I was not struck by them being large or small.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jamal06
Thanks. Did they offer any pricing on the Retreat Water Villa?
They didn't, but I didn't ask either. Initially they only provided the DBV/SWV & DWV prices and I asked for the others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.