Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by goliath
I will post more info on the DBV renovations in a later post, together with some pics.

Regarding the DBV pool shapes, see this pic I posted a while ago:

If I counted correctly, you should have the long rectangular pools at DBVs 125,127,128,129,134 (lagoon side) and 223,227,229,230 (reef side).

Pool sizes and shapes will not be changed as part of the renovations.
FYI- 229/230 are Beach Suite category. 223 is currently under renovation, so 227 is the only option on the reef side, according to the resort.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by passionforhotels
I guess they're an hour ahead, so sunset happened at 18.51 for them. So only 9 minutes out
The resort responded back with the appropriate opening time of 1830 hrs, so disregard the website hours posted. Looks like you'll get a few drinks in you before the sun is set, at least I will!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I can confirm that Sunset Grill has opened at 18:30 while we were there. Here's a pic taken from Sunset Grill on our last night (Thursday 18:47) with the sun setting behind Rangali Island:

Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:31 pm

Does anyone have any experience staying here during Ramadan? Are any of the restaurants on-property open/closed? Will we still be able to have breakfast or is it somewhat limited? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:17 pm

Nothing changes except the dhoni service is not run as often. I think from memory they have a break just after sunset when they're allowed to eat.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
+1 +1 +1 +1 (booked four massages for both myself and partner while at lounge and got the 90 for 60 min)

Thanks to this thread we also booked all of our massages at the Conrad MLE Airport lounge and also got 90 min for the price of 60. They also allow you to cancel and change times of the massages so I recommend everyone book heavy at the lounge and you can always cancel or changes times (based on availability). In my honest opinion the SPA is the best value at this resort.
Haven't checked but assuming there are prices listed on the web site - are they accurate/same as the prices at the lounge?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:35 pm

I know it's been asked and discussed, but any further insight on the best time to visit the Conrad would be greatly appreciated. From what I've read, Jan/Feb are the best months, and then 2 months before/after (Nov/Dec and Mar/Apr). I'm wondering if October would be better than let's say May.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
I know it's been asked and discussed, but any further insight on the best time to visit the Conrad would be greatly appreciated. From what I've read, Jan/Feb are the best months, and then 2 months before/after (Nov/Dec and Mar/Apr). I'm wondering if October would be better than let's say May.
Wikipedia says October and May will have, on average, the same number of precipitation days. February and March really are the sweet spot if you want to avoid the possibility of being rained on for your entire holiday:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldives#Climate
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:33 pm

Looking to see what the coffee machine setup is in the room. I'm a coffee snob with my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and will bring along to enjoy while on property.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA, EXP, HH Diamond
Upgrade still possible?

All - we are headed to the resort on Saturday for our 20th anniversary. Staying for 8 nights. I just found this treasure trove of info tonight! Dumb dumb dumb given how much I travel, but I will blame my crazy work schedule. We are booked into a WV. I checked the website at it looks like RWV and DWV are still available. Given we are only a few days out, is it worth asking the hotel about upgrade prices? I don’t think I would pay more than about $230/night, which maybe seems possible for the RWV (or maybe not?).

I am a Diamond member, so from the few posts I have read, that may get us slightly better upgrade rates?

thanks in advance for this...and any other advice anyone might have for a first timer.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bcacho
All - we are headed to the resort on Saturday for our 20th anniversary. Staying for 8 nights. I just found this treasure trove of info tonight! Dumb dumb dumb given how much I travel, but I will blame my crazy work schedule. We are booked into a WV. I checked the website at it looks like RWV and DWV are still available. Given we are only a few days out, is it worth asking the hotel about upgrade prices? I don’t think I would pay more than about $230/night, which maybe seems possible for the RWV (or maybe not?).

I am a Diamond member, so from the few posts I have read, that may get us slightly better upgrade rates?

thanks in advance for this...and any other advice anyone might have for a first timer.
I would not count on status to secure an upgrade, as the property sees plenty of Diamonds who never get an upgrade. Email them on the link in the wiki to ask about upgrade pricing if you want a nicer room. Maybe do the first half in a DBV and the second half in a water villa.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Looking to see what the coffee machine setup is in the room. I'm a coffee snob with my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and will bring along to enjoy while on property.
There is a small Nespresso coffee maker with some assorted Nespresso capsules as well as a water kettle and some tea bags.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Wikipedia says October and May will have, on average, the same number of precipitation days. February and March really are the sweet spot if you want to avoid the possibility of being rained on for your entire holiday:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldives#Climate
That link is a combination of all the data for the whole country. It can vary quite a bit by region so it's more accurate to look at the region-specific data here: Maldives Meteorological Service (see Hulhule, blue line on graph, for what's applicable to Rangali)

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Haven't checked but assuming there are prices listed on the web site - are they accurate/same as the prices at the lounge?
They should be. Email the resort for the latest price list if you are worried about discrepancies.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bcacho

Yes, it would have been good to find this thread a few months ago. Maybe you'll have dry eye syndrome come Friday, LOL.

Diamond status usually extends a 20% discount off an upgrade rate (which is the difference in BAR between two villa categories).
Are you prepared to pay $230/night before or after taxes? If it's before, you may be lucky enough as $240 is the lowest rate we've seen so far for a RWV for high season this year (see the wiki). I would suggest you call them right now (email wastes precious time) and offer your $230++ for the last 4 nights in a RWV and ask whether they have any DBVs available for the first 4 nights (and see if you can get one for $100++ or thereabouts). That way you'll get to experience both land and over water accommodations (and in the most preferred order).

And if you are wanting an F&B plan, let me know and I'll suggest something for you.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:15 am

I got $216 per night inclusive of taxes and service quoted about two weeks ago when I snapped the last RWV (with all SWV and DWV taken as well) for Oct 24-29 (they didn't mention anything about diamond discount)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.