Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I think mb123 was making a joke:

Originally Posted by mb123
It seems he has taken his text modules on vacation.
Stefano has already returned today.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:51 am

I thought only that bit was a joke. Let's see if things get back to (the new) normal since he's now back.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
That was my impression, it seemed to me that this thread was much more positive during the tenure of the previous GM

Originally Posted by Majuki
I would get a local prepaid SIM card with a data plan in that case. The Internet connection was unusable for us beginning in the afternoon into the evening.
Yes, I plan to anyway. Do you have any recommendation on the local SIM cards? I did see that Dhiraagu lists Rangali island on their coverage list. Any real world experience when it comes to speed?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Lyle was really great. All hotel GMs should be like that.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed, and it was great surprise to see him again at Koh Samui. Told him to come back, asap.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:50 am

Is breakfast still free for Gold and Diamonds? I'm reading different things according to a few pages on Hilton's site.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dcht
Is breakfast still free for Gold and Diamonds? I'm reading different things according to a few pages on Hilton's site.
Yes. What are you reading on the Hilton site?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by milgom
Yes, I plan to anyway. Do you have any recommendation on the local SIM cards? I did see that Dhiraagu lists Rangali island on their coverage list. Any real world experience when it comes to speed?
I don't have a recommendation. My provider recently started to include the Maldives in its plan but at throttled speeds when roaming internationally (256 kbps). I was able to receive an LTE signal the entire time on the island as well as in the capital of Malé. (However, in Malé the connection kept dropping when trying to connect to the LTE bands.) Most of the time, however, I kept my phone in airplane mode and used the resort's WiFi.

I was getting only a few hundred kbps doing speed tests from about 4 pm - 10 pm. Mrs. Majuki and I would fall asleep super early for us during our visit and wake up around 5 or 6 am every day. We would notice the connection would be usable until the early afternoon when it would slow to a crawl. I had trouble even maintaining an ssh session since the connection kept dropping and packet loss was in excess of 50%.

It's fine if all you're doing is light web browsing, but if you're going to be on call and need a reliable connection, a local SIM card with data access would be a good idea.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:43 pm

Yes, I'm also interested to see what Hilton has on their site. And which site is this BTW? hilton.com? conradhotels.com?

Anyway @dcht, this wiki is the most up-to-date on the whole of FlyerTalk so you need not go anywhere else to find out what is what at this property.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
I just had a friend stay there, he said breakfast was free and he was able to take extras back for snacks to help offset some of the cost while staying. :P
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
he was able to take extras back for snacks to help offset some of the cost while staying. :P
Damn, now we know why Stefano has started charging for water.....

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 5, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:35 am

Anyone happen to have the upgrade rates from Beach Villa to any of the water villas during High and Festive Season 2019? I tried emailing the resort multiple times but didn't receive a response. Wiki only shows upgrade rates from Water Villa
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jgor123
Anyone happen to have the upgrade rates from Beach Villa to any of the water villas during High and Festive Season 2019? I tried emailing the resort multiple times but didn't receive a response. Wiki only shows upgrade rates from Water Villa
Do you have an actual reservation? Or are you fishing?

Also, do you have specific dates in mind? "High" occurs multiple times per year - you could be referring to February or November.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Do you have an actual reservation? Or are you fishing?

Also, do you have specific dates in mind? "High" occurs multiple times per year - you could be referring to February or November.
I do already have a reservation for a Beach Villa and am staying in mid-March.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by jgor123
I tried emailing the resort multiple times but didn't receive a response.
Which email address are you sending to? Have you tried both in the wiki?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.